Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:50 pm
It would appear that I have a greater chance of getting shot and killed while walking around D.C. than I do of dying from Covid.
Washington, DC, murders surpass coronavirus deaths in July by nearly 3-to-1 ratio
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-d ... eaths-july

Yet, this isn't crating any mandates. Just sayin.
Well, then please be careful if you want to storm the Capitol or something!

Personally, my chances are zero of that happening since I don't walk around DC. But I do come in contact with other human beings on a fairly regular basis, so I got the vaccine.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm

If we had 80-90% of the population vaccinated, the odds are the current wave wouldn't be happening. The numbers of alleged vaccinated people (are they confirming this or taking their word for it?) with infections is statistically insignificant. My theory is that the new guidance is for the people that are unvaccinated, but they included everyone just so the vaccinated will try to peer pressure the unvaccinated. I think getting vaccinated is the best decision and should generally be promoted. The issue is that telling someone they are going to die or kill someone is not effective; neither is responding giving reasons for not getting vaccinated as though you are all knowing. This shit just needs to end. It doesn't fucking matter who is right.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm
If we had 80-90% of the population vaccinated, the odds are the current wave wouldn't be happening. The numbers of alleged vaccinated people (are they confirming this or taking their word for it?) with infections is statistically insignificant. My theory is that the new guidance is for the people that are unvaccinated, but they included everyone just so the vaccinated will try to peer pressure the unvaccinated. I think getting vaccinated is the best decision and should generally be promoted. The issue is that telling someone they are going to die or kill someone is not effective; neither is responding giving reasons for not getting vaccinated as though you are all knowing. This shit just needs to end. It doesn't fucking matter who is right.
Where are the facts to back up a statement like that?

Nowhere is where. They don't exist. We have NO IDEA how many vaccinated folks are getting infected because they likely have lesser symptoms and could in fact be asymptomatic. Indeed, even if they showed some symptoms a majority would dismiss them as COVID because they are vaccinated, and then likely become spreaders.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:26 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:09 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm
Where are the facts to back up a statement like that?

Nowhere is where. They don't exist. We have NO IDEA how many vaccinated folks are getting infected because they likely have lesser symptoms and could in fact be asymptomatic. Indeed, even if they showed some symptoms a majority would dismiss them as COVID because they are vaccinated, and then likely become spreaders.
Going with your theory, if vaccinated people aren't seriously sick, isn't it better to be vaccinated?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:21 pm

"The numbers of alleged vaccinated people (are they confirming this or taking their word for it?) with infections is statistically insignificant."

As of right now people don't have to carry their vaccine cards with them although I have a pic of it in my phone in case I am asked so my guess is they are guessing based on asking, and I would also guess some are being less than honest and are saying they have been jabbed when they have not. I also agree with the fact that the vaccinated having mild or no symptoms would make them less likely to get tested and be spreaders which is why I mask, in indoor public and outdoor crowded, to ensure I don't spread. If I get the symptoms, no matter how mild, I will get tested ASAP as I would hope any intelligent person would. Simple fact here gang, no one on the vaccine good side is going to convince someone on the vaccine bad side they are wrong and visa versa...Only time I have seen a vaccine bad person change was our office manager. Her brother damn near died of Covid, she rolled up her sleeve as fast as she could.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Yet no one will admit that there is a percentage of the population that has natural immunity.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Yet no one will admit that there is a percentage of the population that has natural immunity.
Our (hopefully) next governor, James Craig, had covid and got the vaccine after his illness.

G G

Post by G G » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 am

I believe I got it on a plane EXACTLY one year ago, to the day. I was traveling for work, and when I came back home a few days later, I could barely breathe in certain positions, and found myself having to manipulate my body so I could breathe fine.

Listen, this thing, it isn't a joke. Back a year ago, responsible people had to live their lives with risk, rather than allowing the government to support them, they dealt with the risk and a lot of people got sick and died. Work and taking care of your family was a critical personal responsibility issue.

Now, we have vaccines. A lot of smart people have put a lot of hard work into developing them and testing their quality. They aren't perfect, but let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good here.

If you have a family, do the responsible thing and get vaccinated. I had several moments where I was considering whether I had to head into the hospital, and thinking about being intubated and dying on camera while my wife watched was enough to help me see the light. I was lucky.

Don't let that be your moment, too, because you may discover, just hours later, that you won't be lucky enough to make that decision, and the disease will do it for you.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:02 am

G G wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 am
I believe I got it on a plane EXACTLY one year ago, to the day. I was traveling for work, and when I came back home a few days later, I could barely breathe in certain positions, and found myself having to manipulate my body so I could breathe fine.

Listen, this thing, it isn't a joke. Back a year ago, responsible people had to live their lives with risk, rather than allowing the government to support them, they dealt with the risk and a lot of people got sick and died. Work and taking care of your family was a critical personal responsibility issue.

Now, we have vaccines. A lot of smart people have put a lot of hard work into developing them and testing their quality. They aren't perfect, but let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good here.

If you have a family, do the responsible thing and get vaccinated. I had several moments where I was considering whether I had to head into the hospital, and thinking about being intubated and dying on camera while my wife watched was enough to help me see the light. I was lucky.

Don't let that be your moment, too, because you may discover, just hours later, that you won't be lucky enough to make that decision, and the disease will do it for you.
Thanks for posting this. Despite the fact that we've had many back and forth, I am happy you are ok.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am

I was at an outdoor festival last week where there was ~15000 per day. The place was record-breaking packed every day.

Based on that, Americans are no longer living in fear, we all have moved on and you should too.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:07 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am
I was at an outdoor festival last week where there was ~15000 per day. The place was record-breaking packed every day.

Based on that, Americans are no longer living in fear, we all have moved on and you should too.
The media tried to make a big deal about 17 people testing positive for covid after Faster Horses a couple weeks ago. I believe that festival pulls in ~45,000. That is statistically insignificant.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 am

An interview from September 26th, 2020. This Canadian "Hey Bro!" dude from Toronto predicts the future and nails it...

Skip ahead to 1:56 to see the salient part.

In other news...
Sen. Lindsey Graham tests positive for COVID-19, despite being vaccinated
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-li ... vaccinated

Lindsey Graham this past spring...
"the sooner we get everybody vaccinated, the quicker we can get back to normal."
The left shows its ankle...
Kate Coyne-McCoy, the chief strategist of the Rhode Island Democratic Party:
"It’s wrong to hope he dies from Covid right? Asking for a friend. #COVIDISNOTOVER #LINDSEYGRAHAM,"

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:59 am

Bryce, it's now being reported by mlive that most of the vaccinated infections in Massachusetts were in gay males. Any coincidence that Lindsey was infected?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:01 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:59 am
Bryce, it's now being reported by mlive that most of the vaccinated infections in Massachusetts were in gay males. Any coincidence that Lindsey was infected?
Don't ask, don't tell.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 am

G G wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 am

Well said, G G.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic