Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Following Science Is Important. How About Math?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Following Science Is Important. How About Math?

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:11 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:03 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm
I don't see why we cannot make voting easy. I also happen to believe that filing taxes should be easier as well, but that's another story.
Here's a novel idea: how about we stop taxing economic production and start taxing economic consumption?
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer with a flat tax. Absolutely not.
How so? Don't the rich consume more? PS...In my world, non prepared food items would be tax free as well as used cars over four years old.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:03 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 pm
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm
I don't see why we cannot make voting easy. I also happen to believe that filing taxes should be easier as well, but that's another story.
Here's a novel idea: how about we stop taxing economic production and start taxing economic consumption?
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer with a flat tax. Absolutely not.
I'm suggesting no income tax, not a flat tax. Doesn't get much simpler than that...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:19 pm

And we're the party who wants free stuff? LOL.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:19 pm
A consumption tax is the OPPOSITE of free stuff. You're paying a tax on virtually everything you take out of the economy, except for the items Bryce noted.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:27 pm
A consumption tax is the OPPOSITE of free stuff. You're paying a tax on virtually everything you take out of the economy, except for the items Bryce noted.
Yes, and the beauty of that is that imported goods pay the same tax. Even if China is manipulating their currency they pay the same tax as domestic producers. (All exports would be tax free.)

It levels the playing field with China.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Matt wrote:
If you aren't paying taxes on wages, how do you fund the government? You can't do go fund me's to pay for construction on I-75. You are saying you want shit for free.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 am

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:27 pm
Matt wrote:
If you aren't paying taxes on wages, how do you fund the government? You can't do go fund me's to pay for construction on I-75. You are saying you want shit for free.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:12 am

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:27 pm
Matt wrote:
No, I'm saying federal taxes would be collected on what you take out of the economy, not what you put in to the economy. It's not exactly a difficult concept.

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:17 pm

Here's the flaw in your thinking..
Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Reported Voter Turn Out - 66.4%
That's not a percentage of REGISTERED voters. It's a percentage of ELIGIBLE voters. Being eligible to vote didn’t necessarily mean being able to vote, or being registered to vote. Using "registered" voters is misleading.
Turnout figures are based on historic and current estimates from the U.S. Elections Project of citizens age 18 and over who are eligible to register and vote, and of ballots cast. The 2020 vote totals are from Edison Research.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic