Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mar-a-Lago neighbors to Trump: Spend your post-presidency elsewhere

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Mar-a-Lago neighbors to Trump: Spend your post-presidency elsewhere

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:31 am

Trump was already thrown out of New York last year may not have a place to retire. Maybe he can move in with his buddy Putin.
Next-door neighbors of Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, Fla., that he has called his Winter White House, have a message for the outgoing commander in chief: We don’t want you to be our neighbor.

That message was formally delivered Tuesday morning in a demand letter delivered to the town of Palm Beach and also addressed to the U.S. Secret Service asserting that Trump lost his legal right to live at Mar-a-Lago because of an agreement he signed in the early 1990s when he converted the storied estate from his private residence to a private club. The legal maneuver could, at long last, force Palm Beach to publicly address whether Trump can make Mar-a-Lago his legal residence and home, as he has been expected to do, when he becomes an ex-president after the swearing-in of Joe Biden on Jan. 20.

The contretemps sets up a potentially awkward scenario, unique in recent history, in which a former Oval Office occupant would find himself having to officially defend his choice of a place to live during his post-presidency. It also could create a legal headache for Trump because he changed his official domicile to Mar-a-Lago, leaving behind Manhattan, where he lived before being elected president and came to fame as a brash, self-promoting developer. (Trump originally tried to register to vote in Florida using the White House in Washington as his address, which is not allowed under Florida law. He later changed the registration to the Mar-a-Lago address.)

In the demand letter, obtained by The Washington Post, an attorney for the Mar-a-Lago neighbors says the town should notify Trump that he cannot use Mar-a-Lago as his residence. Making that move would “avoid an embarrassing situation” if the outgoing president moves to the club and later has to be ordered to leave, according to the letter sent on behalf of the neighbors, the DeMoss family, which runs an international missionary foundation.

...The Mar-a-Lago neighbors would be okay with Trump finding a new place to bunk. Their letter, written by West Palm Beach attorney Reginald Stambaugh, includes a zinger that harks to the vibe of the old money enclave on Florida’s east coast: “Palm Beach has many lovely estates for sale, and we are confident President Trump will find one which meets his needs.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... OeRICA2Rv0

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Mar-a-Lago neighbors to Trump: Spend your post-presidency elsewhere

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

No need to worry. He will be at the closest New York pen. available.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:53 am

I hope SDNY has the arrest warrant and handcuffs ready.

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:14 am

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:06 am
Ah.....The keyboard analysts with their speculative Swill... :lol :lol :lol
Not sure what you mean by this, certainly I don't see the scenario where the former President is facing changes or jail time in the near future. But I do see a significant problem in him living at Mar-a-Lago as the people he's fighting have just as much (or more) money than he does for lawyers and lawsuits. And the City of Palm Beach is in the same financial difficulties of all governments today with lower tax collections and higher expenses. Should be an interesting legal battle.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 am

He'll go into exile in Russia, like Gorbachev did in the US, before he subjects himself to NY, a Third World Country by any other name. This wasn't an election, it was a Banana Republic Coup d'etat.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:58 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 am
This wasn't an election, it was a Banana Republic Coup d'etat.
Except for the lack of any proof.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:27 am

Well, I'm not sure how much time Donald will be there. But I'm fairly confident, based upon the different things I've been reading, that Melania and the kid plan on making Florida their primary residence.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:59 pm

You mean the coup to place fake electors in the Michigan chambers? Yep, it was an attempted coup. I agree.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic