Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hillary Wins Popular Vote = Protests

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Hillary Wins Popular Vote = Protests

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:30 am

The bad apple cops - haven't changed.

The fear of all black parents that their teen drivers will be KILLED during racial profiling traffic stops - hasn't changed.

Black men of every age and socio-economic status enduring endless racial profiling traffic stops - hasn't changed.

The only thing that HAS changed?

Every citizen armed with a smart phone recording sound and images is now a reporter. And suddenly the brutal injustice of "routine racial profiling traffic stops" is verified for every eye and ear. Finally.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 am

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:He has been the most divisive, and he's been a shitty president, perhaps one of the worst.
There were some bad ones... like James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover and W Bush... Obama was no worse than Reagan... both damaged things more than they helped in some areas... for Reagan it was the negative long term effects on the economy from his tax cuts. For Obama the halfway to Single payer insurance company giveaway was the big oops.
George W. Bush was considerably better than Obama.
How?
Bush was this generation's Harry S. Truman. Obama has been terrible, especially for race relations. I cannot think of one single positive thing that Obama has done for this country.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:33 am

screen glare wrote:The bad apple cops - haven't changed.

The fear of all black parents that their teen drivers will be KILLED during racial profiling traffic stops - hasn't changed.

Black men of every age and socio-economic status enduring endless racial profiling traffic stops - hasn't changed.

The only thing that HAS changed?

Every citizen armed with a smart phone recording sound and images is now a reporter. And suddenly the brutal injustice of "routine racial profiling traffic stops" is verified for every eye and ear. Finally.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 am

And who would be your comparison to the mentally ill fascist, Donald Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 am

Ok, so do you have proof of Trump's Mental Illness? Or is it just your hatred for anything not Liberal that makes you say he is mentally ill? Your sour grapes, however, are amusing. Proof, as in actual medical papers that diagnose the illness, not just your ranting.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:05 am

Touchy touchy, zzand, dear.
Must have hit a personal nerve.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".
Hamlet. Not Hamilton.

Hahahahaha

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:12 am

Speaking of papers...

The police under a Trump presidency will be asking for yours any minute. And anyone considered not to the president's liking will be coalessed in some way and monitored. And if you're a white citizen even your lily ass won't escape. Because you might also be female. Or disabled. Or a member of the unfair media!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:14 am

I'm becoming less skeptical and more supportive of President-Elect Trump by the day. The reaction from the left is at least going to make the next 4-8 years thoroughly enjoyable.

Most of the country thinks Trump is going to do a good job: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/ ... 631AMStory

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:16 am

screen glare wrote:Speaking of papers...

The police under a Trump presidency will be asking for yours any minute. And anyone considered not to the president's liking will be coalessed in some way and monitored. And if you're a white citizen even your lily ass won't escape. Because you might also be female. Or disabled. Or a member of the unfair media!
:rolleyes

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:He has been the most divisive, and he's been a shitty president, perhaps one of the worst.
There were some bad ones... like James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover and W Bush... Obama was no worse than Reagan... both damaged things more than they helped in some areas... for Reagan it was the negative long term effects on the economy from his tax cuts. For Obama the halfway to Single payer insurance company giveaway was the big oops.
George W. Bush was considerably better than Obama.
How?
Bush was this generation's Harry S. Truman. Obama has been terrible, especially for race relations. I cannot think of one single positive thing that Obama has done for this country.
Turned the economy around and created a 7 year period of growth... stock market at all time highs... 10 million or so jobs created. Nope I can't either.

Bush and Truman are not at all similar. Bush had no memorable or lasting policy achievements, certainly nothing about the buck stopping here, nor did he significantly buck his party on any issues. Plus the economy significantly deteriorated under Bush, we got Iraq, watched the Bush tax cuts double the national debt while he was in office and beyond... what positive can you possibly think of?
Last edited by Deleted User 8570 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am

Not protesting at all, just wondering if it is more BS from you, or if you can back it up. Like those who say Mrs. Clinton has Parkinson's, again, where is the proof? Either share your proof or let it go. And what papers do you speak of, and where did you get the info that they will be required?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 am

Remember the scene in the movie Tora,Tora,Tora ... where the officer who wouldn't take seriously warnings - by which others were alarmed - was now watching out a window Pearl Harbor and most of the US fleet being bombed by the Japanese? At that moment one of those others looks him straight in the eye - while referencing the ongoing sneak attack - and says, " ...you wanted proof? There's your ( #*!) proof!"

And so it goes.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:51 am

As I expected, you have no proof, just delusions out of your own sad little snowflake mind.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:08 am

NS8401 wrote: Turned the economy around and created a 7 year period of growth... stock market at all time highs... 10 million or so jobs created. Nope I can't either.

Bush and Truman are not at all similar. Bush had no memorable or lasting policy achievements, certainly nothing about the buck stopping here, nor did he significantly buck his party on any issues. Plus the economy significantly deteriorated under Bush, we got Iraq, watched the Bush tax cuts double the national debt while he was in office and beyond... what positive can you possibly think of?
He also added $27,000 in federal debt per man, woman and child. Quite an accomplishment. NOT!

What friggin hypocrite Obama is for over 9 trillion:
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:13 am

screen glare wrote:Remember the scene in the movie Tora,Tora,Tora ... where the officer who wouldn't take seriously warnings - by which others were alarmed - was now watching out a window Pearl Harbor and most of the US fleet being bombed by the Japanese? At that moment one of those others looks him straight in the eye - while referencing the ongoing sneak attack - and says, " ...you wanted proof? There's your ( #*!) proof!"

And so it goes.
And so what goes? The Red Herrings?

As someone who is by no stretch a Trump fan, I have to say that alarmist rhetoric like this is causing more harm than good. I think what we all need to do is just calm down and look at things pragmatically. We've just been through 18 months of non-stop drama from both directions. Fact is, we really don't know exactly what will come about with a Trump administration. You're projecting all these doomsday scenarios, and the guy hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

I don't know about you, but this election cycle has me whooped! I need to enjoy one of those Christmas coffees at Bigby's and just stare out the window for a while. There will be plenty of time to support or protest the policies of this new president if I so choose, but I don't even know what those policies will be yet. History has shown that campaign rhetoric and actual policy can be two different things, and we've no doubt had our fill of rhetoric this time around. Sure, I could be constantly worked up about politics in this country, but I'm on enough blood pressure medication as it is, and there's something to be said for taking a deep breath and stepping back.

Drive around and look at some Christmas lights. It's fun, relaxing and totally non-partisan! :D
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic