Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Never Take A Handicapped Person To An Airport

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Never Take A Handicapped Person To An Airport

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:56 am

http://wreg.com/2016/06/30/disabled-st- ... rt-police/

Safety and security over common sense.

The last trip I made I took the train, to avoid these goons.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

SoupySez

Re: Never Take A Handicapped Person To An Airport

Post by SoupySez » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:15 pm

I love flying, but hate all that security crap. Took two trips in the last two weeks and had to go through all that. Luckily, it went fairly smooth. Caught them at an unbusy time and got through rather quickly. But flying out on the first trip, they asked people if they had medical devices. First thing I think of is pacemakers, so I said nothing, until I went through a scanner and it went off. Pockets were empty, so the lady asked about joint replacement. Bingo! I have a new knee as of last year. Had to go through the whole body frisk. They were nice about it, surprisingly. Must have got the good ones instead of the assholes. It was easier after that, made sure I mentioned it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:25 pm

I got frisked last year and I had no metal at all.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Flying used to be a fun, even glamorous, way to travel. Now it's an ordeal. From the time you enter the terminal at your departure city until you leave the terminal at your destination city, you have to surrender your human dignity. Passengers are herded around like cattle.

I hate flying anymore. If the trip is a distance I can drive in one day, I drive it.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic