Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Calls His Judge "Mexican"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Trump Calls His Judge "Mexican"

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Matt wrote:Ann Arbor is one of the best places to live in the country. It's not that liberal, either.
How long have you been breathing the THC filled air? You really need to hit the Washtenaw County line more frequently. As Coleman Young used to say, "Hit Eight Mile".

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:27 pm

I want to correct my earlier post. The judge was born in East Chicago, IN.
Curiel was born in East Chicago, Indiana,[1][2] to parents who had immigrated into the United States from Mexico.[3][4] He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Indiana University in 1976 and his Juris Doctor from the Indiana University School of Law in 1979.[1][2][5] He served in private practice, first at James, James & Manning from 1979 to 1986 and then at Barbosa & Vera from 1986 to 1989.[2][5][6]

He was an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of California from 1989 to 2002.[1][2][5] While in the Southern District, he served as Deputy Chief (1996-1999) and then Chief (1999-2002) of the Narcotics Enforcement Division.[1][2][5] During his tenure with the Narcotics Enforcement Division, Curiel prosecuted the Arellano Felix cartel in Tijuana, Mexico,[3][4] and was reportedly the subject of an assassination plot connected to the drug cartel.[7][8] He was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Central District of California from 2002 to 2006.[1][2][5]

On November 1, 2006, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced the appointment of Curiel to the bench of the Superior Court of San Diego in 2007, which is the position he held until his appointment to the federal bench.[5][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_P._Curiel
Since he prosecuted the Arellano Felix cartel in Tijuana, Mexico AND Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed him to the bench - I doubt he is biased.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:29 pm

Well, now the truth comes out.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/01/judge ... ers-group/

So much for impartiality. This will not stand.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Members of my family support worldwide missions, so I hope no one thinks we are biased because we use our private money to help others.

The Trump U case is being decided by a Jury - so the Judge really hasn't done anything yet.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 pm

audiophile wrote:And Trump said he would become more presidential if won over Cruz.

Has anyone saw evidence of that?
*raises hand*

No. And I could have told you this was going to be the case.

I still cannot actually believe DONALD TRUMP is the Republican nominee to be the CIC of the USA. If we weren't a laughing stock before... And the alternative is HILLARY CLINTON?!? Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. I still can't get over it. It makes Bush v. Gore seem like a legitimate battle of wits compared to this shit show. I pray that a dark horse candidate comes out of nowhere and somehow is able to make sense of all this bullshit. Ugh...my brain is starting to hurt again.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:05 pm

I couldn't agree more, Mega.

We need a legitimate third party (and no - the refuge of misfits known as the Libertarian Party is NOT a legitimate third party).

I actually agree with most of The Donald's policy positions, but he strikes me as a sleazy, narcissistic and vengeful man. For me, personal character and integrity in a President *does* matter. In fact, it matters a great deal.

The stories & allegations surrounding Trump University are deeply troubling to me.

If Trump somehow wins the White House, look for him to settle any & all cases in connection with Trump University before he is inaugurated.

I also guarantee everyone reading this that the media are sitting on some bombshells regarding Trump U. They are waiting for the right time to strike.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Perhaps you hadn't read about the Clinton University Scandal.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... lion-back/

Universities in general are out of control, particularly cost wise. If you don't believe how much tuition and other costs have gone up, look at college catalogs from 40 years ago. And I don't think that Harvard or Yale or any other college degrees, Bachelors degrees certainly, in any non technical field are that useful. An Ivy League degree may get you a job, but only because of who you were to get in (and legacy admissions are a big part of it, and the parents have the money to buy a degree). I have heard that employers use the college degrees to weed out candidates regardless of whether the degree is necessary to do the job.

Neither Hillary nor Jeb should have run, and neither should have been the "presumptive nominee". At least they kept Jeb out. You have to give them credit for that.

A Trump Presidency would be a much needed safety valve for the alternative chaos that will otherwise inevitably occur in the near future. I think most of you will now agree that no matter what you call it, a "New World Order" of some sort exists. George H.W. Bush talked about it, and now Hillary refers to Trump as disruptive of a "World Order". I guess she's right about one thing, like a broken clock is twice a day. The "New World Order" isn't new. But it certainly isn't orderly either.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:30 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I couldn't agree more, Mega.

We need a legitimate third party (and no - the refuge of misfits known as the Libertarian Party is NOT a legitimate third party).

I actually agree with most of The Donald's policy positions, but he strikes me as a sleazy, narcissistic and vengeful man. For me, personal character and integrity in a President *does* matter. In fact, it matters a great deal.

The stories & allegations surrounding Trump University are deeply troubling to me.

If Trump somehow wins the White House, look for him to settle any & all cases in connection with Trump University before he is inaugurated.

I also guarantee everyone reading this that the media are sitting on some bombshells regarding Trump U. They are waiting for the right time to strike.
The Washington Post only got the documents on Thursday so if there's bombshells they haven't been sitting very long... That story about the sleazy underhanded tactics is only the first salvo...

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:49 pm

This could be the beginning of the end for Trump. Newt Gingrich, rumored to be a running mate for Trump, has now come out and critcized Trump for this business about the judge. Calling it, "...the worst mistake Trump has made." Paul Ryan has done the same.

This could get to a scenario where the GOP just finds Trump too unappealing to be the nominee and pulls the rug out from under him at the convention. Republican leadership could find a way with delegates and/or rule changes to bump him from the nomination.

Money will be a big factor too.
The party cannot afford to lose major donors down the stretch who will pull their money because they can't be aligned with Trump's rhetoric and behavior.

Cruz, Rubio, Kasich and Bush have said they will not release their delegates before the convention. To have all of them do that makes me believe there's a strategy inside the party to hold those delgates for a plan to try and deny Trump the nomination.

I've often thought that Trump would dig himself a hole before November with his jiberish.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Just for the sake of argument, I'll throw this out there: What if this entire presidential run has been nothing but a long con to get this case blown up? The first question would be what are the worst possible damages Trump would be looking at if he were to lose the case? $5M? Probably not worth the hassle. $50M, $100M, $500M? Now we're getting in a territory where investing a year of campaigning and travel expenses to get yourself in a position where (as Clinton detractors like to point out) pursuing legal proceedings against a major party candidate is an exceedingly difficult thing to accomplish.

The second question is, is Trump smart enough to develop and execute such a plan? I don't think so but hundreds of millions of dollars is a powerful motivator and Trump does know something about working the system to his financial benefit.

The only reason this is worth mentioning is any legal consul will tell you antagonizing a judge hearing your case is a risky, if not reckless way to have your day in court. Arizona Sheriff (and Trump butt-boy) Joe Apaio is in the middle of learning that the hard way after being slapped with with civil contempt already and possible criminal contempt charges pending. Not that it's my job to try and understand Trump's thinking but I honestly don't see how you turn this into a win unless you've put in place a way to set the table so that you're essentially unprosecutable.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:01 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:This could be the beginning of the end for Trump. Newt Gingrich, rumored to be a running mate for Trump, has now come out and critcized Trump for this business about the judge. Calling it, "...the worst mistake Trump has made." Paul Ryan has done the same.

This could get to a scenario where the GOP just finds Trump too unappealing to be the nominee and pulls the rug out from under him at the convention. Republican leadership could find a way with delegates and/or rule changes to bump him from the nomination.

Money will be a big factor too.
The party cannot afford to lose major donors down the stretch who will pull their money because they can't be aligned with Trump's rhetoric and behavior.

Cruz, Rubio, Kasich and Bush have said they will not release their delegates before the convention. To have all of them do that makes me believe there's a strategy inside the party to hold those delgates for a plan to try and deny Trump the nomination.

I've often thought that Trump would dig himself a hole before November with his jiberish.
Trump has had a bad week.
Today he flipped, flopped, and flipped on Libya.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/l ... afi-223911

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 am

Trump Calls Scolding by Newt Gingrich 'Inappropriate'...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... e-39634011
"You have to respond," Trump said on Fox News. "All I'm trying to do is figure out why I'm being treated so unfairly by a judge."

If you're still trying to figure this out Donald, you need to quit now, and save us the embarrassment. Cruz/Kasich 2016

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:57 am

Is fraudulently taking money from people "fair"? Asking for a friend...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Matt wrote:Is fraudulently taking money from people "fair"? Asking for a friend...
Depends if they deserved it or not...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Maybe they deserved a counterpunch?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic