Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump 3500 Lawsuits!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Trump 3500 Lawsuits!

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:19 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:Most Universities today should be sued for charging exorbitant tuition resulting in astronomical student loans, and many times no tangible financial benefit like a job in their major field when they graduate.
Troll though you may be, you actually raise a very good point here. It's not so much what you know as who you know, and I think that's becoming more transparent all the time. I do believe I read in a prior post that jry knew what he wanted to do from middle school on, and that college/university would merely get in his way. I don't think that basic and fundamental education is a bad thing, but to charge an exhorbitant amount of money, demanding that prerequisite courses irrelevant to what you're studying be taken, plus the extra interning/apprenticeship on your own dime and time, and it all adds us to a giant waste. Not to mention those professors, left or right, that turn their classes into an editorial page, and eventually it turns out that you really only needed to pay a very small fraction of what you did for the education you needed. I liken it to getting cable a la carte. Why should I have to pay for MTV and Food TV when all I want it ESPN and TNT? Because things are subsidized. And in the end, I wind up paying $120 a month when all I want is $15 worth of programming. Got ya by the short and curlies. It makes so much more sense to get your foot in the door and make contacts and go from there. Otherwise, to me, it's a waste.

Side note: I know how this particular persona/screen name feels about the protesters and wanting loans and debts forgiven, but do you perhaps feel that this is why students are protesting and demanding their loans be wiped clean and forgotten about? I don't think it's right, but TBH, I see the point. If they only had to pay for and take what was needed and not be forced to tske all those "prerequisite" classes, they wouldn't be in the hole for $50,000 +\- Agree?

EDITED because I apparently couldn't remember proper English!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
TC Shuts Up wrote:Most Universities today should be sued for charging exorbitant tuition resulting in astronomical student loans, and many times no tangible financial benefit like a job in their major field when they graduate.
Troll though you may be, you actually raise a very good point here. It's not so much what you know as who you know, and I think that's becoming more transparent all the time. I do believe I read in a prior post that jry knew what he wanted to do from middle school on, and that college/university would merely get in his way. I don't think that basic and fundamental education is a bad thing, but to charge an exhorbitant amount of money, demanding that prerequisite courses irrelevant to what you're studying be taken, plus the extra interning/apprenticeship on your own dime and time, and it all adds us to a giant waste. Not to mention those professors, left or right, that turn their classes into an editorial page, and eventually it turns out that you really only needed to pay a very small fraction of what you did for the education you needed. I liken it to getting cable a la carte. Why should I have to pay for MTV and Food TV when all I want it ESPN and TNT? Because things are subsidized. And in the end, I wind up paying $120 a month when all I want is $15 worth of programming. Got ya by the short and curlies. It makes so much more sense to get your foot in the door and make contacts and go from there. Otherwise, to me, it's a waste.

Side note: I know how this particular persona/screen name feels about the protesters and wanting loans and debts forgiven, but do you perhaps feel that this is why students are protesting and demanding their loans be wiped clean and forgotten about? I don't think it's right, but TBH, I see the point. If they only had to pay for and take what was needed and not be forced to tske all those "prerequisite" classes, they wouldn't be in the hole for $50,000 +\- Agree?

EDITED because I apparently couldn't remember proper English!
My thoughts exactly...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:31 pm

If you not interested in a degree, you can probably take some classes standalone.

I have friend that did that, because she worked in the industry, and they gave her permission.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Re: Trump 3500 Zoot Suits

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:53 pm

So how is Bernie Sanders going to offer "Free College" for everyone? Are professors going to work for nothing?

But seriously, some reforms are needed.

Prerequisites that prepare students (e.g. a Calculus sequence for Intermediate Physics and Engineering) for advanced courses are legitimate. "Distribution Requirements" are often irrelevant.

There needs to be non degree preparation and testing for various occupations which circumvent Universities wherever possible.

There needs to be more flexibility in obtaining college credit and degrees, to circumvent policies which discriminate against ANY student, regardless of race (including Caucasian), gender (particularly Male), sexual orientation (particularly Heterosexual) creed, religion (particularly Christian) color, national origin (particularly USA), or POLITICAL BELIEFS (particularly Republican or Conservative).

I believe that Universities that fail to admit certain students due to new and odd admissions policies and any other reason should be required to allow any student to take any and all classes as "Not Candidate For Degree". This fact would be hidden from all professors for privacy reasons so they could not discriminate. Upon satisfactory completion of degree course requirements, Universities would also be forced to grant a degree in said concentration (major).

I also believe that all classes which can be passed with so called "Advanced Placement" or other preparation classes or programs should be available to any and all students, and upon passage of the AP test, be granted full course credit, with a grade assigned from the AP test results as if taken in college.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:19 pm

It seems a lot of these lawsuits are related to this:
USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /85297274/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:46 pm

audiophile wrote:It seems a lot of these lawsuits are related to this:
Maybe because he can't...

He really needs to release his tax returns.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:49 am

Trump another lawsuit trial this summer:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trum ... in-august/

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:17 am

Matt wrote:
audiophile wrote:It seems a lot of these lawsuits are related to this:
Maybe because he can't...

He really needs to release his tax returns.
How did this guy become the Republican Nominee? Are you folks surrounded by that many morons?

He didn't even get much crossover from Democrats if any... Just Republicans who normally don't vote in primaries...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 am

I could ask the same question about Clinton...

Both parties selected real duds.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 am

NS8401 wrote:How did this guy become the Republican Nominee? Are you folks surrounded by that many morons?

He didn't even get much crossover from Democrats if any... Just Republicans who normally don't vote in primaries...
Well, he did get you...

Also, Hillary is awful too.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:44 am

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:How did this guy become the Republican Nominee? Are you folks surrounded by that many morons?

Well, he did get you...

Also, Hillary is awful too.
At least she speaks rationally and normally and sounds remotely educated and intelligent. Most Republican politicians sound barely literate with half baked statements that don't resemble reality.

Maybe it's too many big words for some of you?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

I didn't vote for Trump. You did. You have to own that.

Hillary is an awful person, but Trump is worse. That is where we are: 2 HORRENDOUS choices.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:41 pm

Matt wrote:I didn't vote for Trump. You did. You have to own that.

Hillary is an awful person, but Trump is worse. That is where we are: 2 HORRENDOUS choices.
Why do I have to own fixing the election so my candidate has a better shot? That's just par for the course...

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:51 pm

NS8401 wrote:

Why do I have to own fixing the election so my candidate has a better shot? That's just par for the course...
From a principled standpoint, I would never vote for someone in a primary who I would not be willing to support in the general election. You have stated that en masse, Democrats did not vote for Trump, so you are contradicting your "par for the course" comment.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

From a principled standpoint, I would never vote for someone in a primary who I would not be willing to support in the general election. You have stated that en masse, Democrats did not vote for Trump, so you are contradicting your "par for the course" comment.
My comment is referring to the few people that did that. Frankly my one vote is pretty meaningless.. To think otherwise is a foolish bet...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic