Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kasich Says Politics is Stupid...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Kasich Says Politics is Stupid...

Post by audiophile » Mon May 30, 2016 7:58 pm

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/po ... /84925296/

Too bad he won't try an independent run.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: Kasich Says Politics is Stupid...

Post by bmw » Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 pm

He could only win 1 state in the republican primaries - what makes you think he could take more states than that in a 3-person general election?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:52 pm

bmw wrote:He could only win 1 state in the republican primaries - what makes you think he could take more states than that in a 3-person general election?
He could spoil your guy and I could quote you into oblivion...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

bmw wrote:He could only win 1 state in the republican primaries - what makes you think he could take more states than that in a 3-person general election?
Primaries are different than the general. Even if he only ran in Ohio, he could throw the election to be decided in the house.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Primaries are different than the general. Even if he only ran in Ohio, he could throw the election to be decided in the house.
That's extremely unlikely...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 31, 2016 10:49 am

NS8401 wrote:
If a high profile third party candidate enters the race, that would likely change my prediction. That said, I think it is highly unlikely that a major third party gets into the race this late in the game. There will be chatter about it from various pundits but I doubt it will actually happen, if nothing else for logistical reasons. Also, it would be a suicide mission that would dismantle the republican party.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:50 am

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
If a high profile third party candidate enters the race, that would likely change my prediction. That said, I think it is highly unlikely that a major third party gets into the race this late in the game. There will be chatter about it from various pundits but I doubt it will actually happen, if nothing else for logistical reasons. Also, it would be a suicide mission that would dismantle the republican party.
True but that still doesn't change how big of an underdog Trump is...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 pm

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Also, it would be a suicide mission that would dismantle the republican party.
See Trump, Donald J.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Matt wrote:See Trump, Donald J.
The republican party created the rules by which a nominee is to be chosen. Trump played by those rules and won. How is Trump to blame for any dismantling of the party?

Blame the 16 other republican candidates, most of whom overstayed their welcome in the race. Or blame the establishment republicans for not coalescing behind a non-Trump candidate. If the party ultimately falls apart because of Trump being nominated, the people to blame are those who could have stopped him from getting the nomination but failed.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 pm

bmw wrote:
The republican party created the rules by which a nominee is to be chosen. Trump played by those rules and won. How is Trump to blame for any dismantling of the party?

Blame the 16 other republican candidates, most of whom overstayed their welcome in the race. Or blame the establishment republicans for not coalescing behind a non-Trump candidate. If the party ultimately falls apart because of Trump being nominated, the people to blame are those who could have stopped him from getting the nomination but failed.
Trumps rhetoric is killing the party's image... That's how.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 31, 2016 10:08 pm

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:59 am

bmw wrote:

They just need to add a rule that reality-show hosts can't apply.
Or
If you have been named in over 100 lawsuits.
Or
You divorced multiple times.
Or
You ever called Rosie a pig.
Or
You call your American judge a Mexican.
Or
You have been on the Howard Stern show.
Or
You sold steaks at Sharper Image.
Or
You bankrupted more than three times.
Or
You illegally hired foreign workers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic