Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

#NeverTrump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: #NeverTrump

Post by audiophile » Thu May 05, 2016 11:57 am

No, that's no that I'm saying. The lack decency makes Trump rotten to the core - therefore untrustworthy on any of his positions.

In other words - A used car salesman (with apologies to used car salesman).

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 05, 2016 12:17 pm

I actually get more of a used car salesman vibe from Ted Cruz than I did from Trump.

If you want to oppose Trump because you think he lacks character, then fair enough. But most republicans believe that Hillary equally lacks character. There is just too much at stake - especially with the Supreme Court - for me effectively vote for Hillary by staying home. With Hillary you know exactly what you're going to get. You'll end up with a permanently liberal-leaning Supreme Court, 4 more years of Obama policies, and the prospect in 2020 of a republican never again holding the office of President. That alone should motivate democrats and liberals to vote in large numbers - while enthusiasm is not high for Hillary on their side, their disdain for conservatives is far higher. So they won't stay home, I don't think.

I'll take my chances with Trump.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Vibe is different that Actions.

Cruz been a conservative for a long time - at least since before entering Harvard Law.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/484319516700 ... show-clips

I've written a lot about Trump already - his actions (like contributing to Hillary) can't be squared with his new-found "CONservatism"
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

audiophile wrote:Vibe is different that Actions.

Cruz been a conservative for a long time - at least since before entering Harvard Law.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/484319516700 ... show-clips

I've written a lot about Trump already - his actions (like contributing to Hillary) can't be squared with his new-found "CONservatism"
So how do you square that screwball statement with Reagans change of heart? The guy was pretty liberal too once... Maybe he was a CONservative too?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 05, 2016 3:23 pm

JFK would have been considered a Republican today, so that was a time of shift. Democrat were also the war hawks, and anti-civil rights in that time frame of his shift.

I'll simply the best response to Reagan himself: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party," he famously said. "The party left me."

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Add George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush to #NeverTrump: http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/ ... nee-trump/
bmw wrote:I actually get more of a used car salesman vibe from Ted Cruz than I did from Trump.

If you want to oppose Trump because you think he lacks character, then fair enough. But most republicans believe that Hillary equally lacks character. There is just too much at stake - especially with the Supreme Court - for me effectively vote for Hillary by staying home. With Hillary you know exactly what you're going to get. You'll end up with a permanently liberal-leaning Supreme Court, 4 more years of Obama policies, and the prospect in 2020 of a republican never again holding the office of President. That alone should motivate democrats and liberals to vote in large numbers - while enthusiasm is not high for Hillary on their side, their disdain for conservatives is far higher. So they won't stay home, I don't think.

It's hilarious that you've been so busy slurping Trump for months that you didn't realize the guy has never been remotely electable. I don't care about his policies. The guy is so off-putting and unfit for office that he must be kept from it by any means.

I'd also add, this is remarkably similar to 1988. We are coming off two terms of one party in charge. In theory, the other party should have had an easy win if they pick the right candidate. The democrats didn't in 1988 and we didn't this year. Its time to move on and hope we don't lose too many senate and house seats and to focus on getting a candidate who isn't absolute garbage in 2020.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 05, 2016 3:46 pm

bmw wrote:EDIT - not trying to sound bitter here, but the Never Trump movement is pissing me off lately. You people will be responsible for Hillary winning and will have the nerve to blame Trump voters without taking any responsibility yourselves for what happened and why the party is in shambles. For the record, Trump is not my preferred candidate, but he is what we got and he is a fighter. After 20 years of a pansy-ass republican party, I'm ready for a fighter to go in and wreak havoc on the establishment wing of the party.
No, we're not. We value character. Trump has absolutely 0 character.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Matt wrote:Add George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush to #NeverTrump: http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/ ... nee-trump/
bmw wrote:I actually get more of a used car salesman vibe from Ted Cruz than I did from Trump.

It's hilarious that you've been so busy slurping Trump for months that you didn't realize the guy has never been remotely electable. I don't care about his policies. The guy is so off-putting and unfit for office that he must be kept from it by any means.

I'd also add, this is remarkably similar to 1988. We are coming off two terms of one party in charge. In theory, the other party should have had an easy win if they pick the right candidate. The democrats didn't in 1988 and we didn't this year. Its time to move on and hope we don't lose too many senate and house seats and to focus on getting a candidate who isn't absolute garbage in 2020.
You don't have one of those folks to nominate in 2020... They are all lightweights...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu May 05, 2016 6:41 pm

NS8401 wrote:You don't have one of those folks to nominate in 2020... They are all lightweights...
You're being too harsh. Get Carly, Chris or Marco into an Earl Scheib for one of those $99 makeover's and they'll be good as new and raring to go! For that matter if Cruz goes back to his home planet and is refitted with a new homo sapien suit he might stand a chance as well unless the software crashes again.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:52 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
NS8401 wrote:You don't have one of those folks to nominate in 2020... They are all lightweights...
You're being too harsh. Get Carly, Chris or Marco into an Earl Scheib for one of those $99 makeover's and they'll be good as new and raring to go! For that matter if Cruz goes back to his home planet and is refitted with a new homo sapien suit he might stand a chance as well unless the software crashes again.
:lol

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 05, 2016 10:06 pm

NS8401 wrote:Your voters wanted the guy and they got him. If Republicans didn't then he would have lost.
Don't you be putting any logic into this argument.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 06, 2016 12:07 am

This is the same group of people that cheered Trump as he jumped Obama a few years ago over Obama's birth certificate. Trump was the MAN! Dude could have been elected KING at one point during that whole dumpster fire. But it was because he was piling on Obama; if Obama pissed too light or his farts stunk too bad, it was ANOTHER reason to jump all over him. And now Trump is being treated like some kind of leper with a rash. The moral? Something about being careful about what you wish for...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 06, 2016 6:47 am

60,000 voters switched sides and voted for Trump, in the PA primary...

So the "your" voters is a misnomer.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:57 am

audiophile wrote:60,000 voters switched sides and voted for Trump, in the PA primary...

Out of how many total for the man?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 am

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:60,000 voters switched sides and voted for Trump, in the PA primary...

Out of how many total for the man?
When did you sour on Trump? I recall you being so excited to vote for Trump...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic