Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Arrest warrant issued for Lions CB Cam Sutton

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Arrest warrant issued for Lions CB Cam Sutton

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:10 pm

Not good:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 040225007/

I say cut his ass. Even if an arrest warrant weren't out for him, I'd be happy to see him take a hike. His height is a detriment at the CB position. Only 1 pick all year despite starting in all 20 regular and postseason contests.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MichMash

Re: Arrest warrant issued for Lions CB Cam Sutton

Post by MichMash » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:14 pm

Cutting him seems likely, eventually. Although, considering the two years remaining on his contract and not insignificant cap hit he carries in 2024 ($12.68 mil), the Lions will probably let everything play out, and when (if?) he's taken into custody, let the league suspend him and then the Lions can follow up with cutting him for cause. Not sure how the rules work on this, but if the Lions were to just cut him now, I think they'd be on the hook for his cap hit. Better to wait for the league to take action and void his cap hit, if that's possible.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 pm

Agreed.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:16 am

What's more troubling to me is that Sutton and his vehicle haven't been seen anywhere in nearly two weeks, since the warrant was issued. According to the local authorities, he hasn't shown up at either of the two houses he owns in Florida, he isn't answering his phone, and his attorney hasn't been able to reach him. I can't guess as to his mindset, but just hopeful that he eventually turns up and turns himself in. Two weeks is a long time to be gone with no trace.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:08 pm

Lions have just released Sutton, who still has not been heard from.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:46 pm

MichMash wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:08 pm
Lions have just released Sutton, who still has not been heard from.
Wow, I wonder if the team is on the hook for any guaranteed money or if the entire contract is voidable, as well as if there are any possible cap ramifications.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:31 pm

The Lions apparently will seek authorization from the league to void his contract, per Dave Birkett:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 057818007/

The $8.72 million dead money cap hit can be spread across two seasons.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:32 am

Not surprised that Cam Sutton was cut since he is on the lamb from law enforcement. Hope he will be caught he can run but he can't hide.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 pm

MasterB wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:32 am
Hope he will be caught he can run but he can't hide.
But he's apparently been pretty good at hiding the last two weeks, since he's been nowhere since the time the warrant was issued. My great concern is that the longer he's out of touch, the greater the likelihood that he'll harm himself. Hope he doesn't go down that path.

And this was tweeted out yesterday afternoon by Field Yates of ESPN:
The Lions officially released CB Cam Sutton with a post-June 1 designation. That allows the team to spread the dead money associated with his release over two seasons. The team will pick up $1.5M in cap space on June 1.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic