Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NCAA bracket

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: NCAA bracket

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:16 pm

Gene Steratore is an idiot. Oakland got screwed. The NC State player was the last guy to touch the ball; it deflected off his pinky. Thank goodness NC State missed the shot at the buzzer.

edit - now the refs just screwed NC State on a call early in the OT session. Turnabout is fair play, I suppose.

This crew is a disaster.

Final edit: NC State wins. Oakland went ice cold from the field in the OT session. Their team is scrappy as hell, but they have trouble scoring at times from deep in the paint and were pretty lousy from the charity stripe both today and Thursday. Townsend missed a ton of layups in the first half.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:16 pm
Gene Steratore is an idiot. Oakland got screwed. The NC State player was the last guy to touch the ball; it deflected off his pinky.
I actually thought they got the call right - to me it looked like the Oakland player still had his thumb on the ball (or at best, his thumb and the NC State pinky contact ended simultaneously in which case they couldn't overturn the call).

That was an unfortunate loss for Oakland. They royally blew it on that last possession in regulation.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:43 pm

Gotta give some credit to NC State defensively, too. They really cranked up the intensity in the final couple minutes of regulation (as did Oakland) and maintained that intensity in the OT session.

Was it Townsend who refused to take what should've been a pretty easy layup attempt as the clock was winding down in regulation?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:04 am

Glad I didn't shut the Houston game off and go to bed at about the 3-minute mark. I ALMOST did. The end of that game had it all.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 am

Whew! My brackets survived a close call. :)

The triple make by Texas A&M as time expired at the end of the 2nd half was impressive! I thought at first maybe there was contact, but upon closer review, it is clear the shooter simply lost his balance. Made the basket anyway.

Texas A&M missed 16 (!!!) free throws during the contest. Truly pathetic.

Hopefully, last night's crappy performance is a wake up call for Houston. I am not feeling too good about their upcoming contest against Duke.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:54 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:04 am
Glad I didn't shut the Houston game off and go to bed at about the 3-minute mark. I ALMOST did. The end of that game had it all.
Shit, I thought A&M were toast and turned the channel at about 11:15pm to watch the rest of Fox2 Sports Works. :rolleyes When I turned it back and saw they were tied at the end of regulation...! :eek :rolleyes :rolleyes

Never, never again! :smokin
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

I just turned on Illinois/UConn. What the hell happened? :eek :barf

I sure hope Purdue can make a better showing or else I'm gonna have to turn in my B1G card. :roll:
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:03 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

I sure hope Purdue can make a better showing or else I'm gonna have to turn in my B1G card. :roll:
Purdue will win. So will Duke. Those two fucking programs will play to get into the final game. I'll need to purchase some UConn gear to wear next Monday.
The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:39 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:03 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

Purdue will win. So will Duke. Those two fucking programs will play to get into the final game. I'll need to purchase some UConn gear to wear next Monday.
I just found out UConn went on a 30-0 run! :shock:
- Sydney J. Harris

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 pm

Don't look now, but the Dukies are ready to go down. :smokin
- Sydney J. Harris

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:17 pm

Purdue makes the Final Four and will face 11-seed NC State, giving Purdue the chance to lose to a double-digit seed for the fourth consecutive tournament.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 am

UConn looks unstoppable right now.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:48 am

Oakland University's season gets even more impressive. It ended with an overtime loss to a Final Four team.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:09 pm

Rooting for the dogs today, but I think UCnn vs. Purdont is inevitable. Throwing some cah at the over in the UConn game, 160.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:26 pm

John Calipari has resigned from Kentucky and has been named the new head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic