Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Next Michigan Basketball Coach

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Next Michigan Basketball Coach

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:46 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:06 pm
Belein is now 71 and hasn't coached in 4 years. The last time he coached in college the NIL and transfer portal weren't really a thing.
I'm not sure there is enough money to entice him back.
From the post I linked:

"I know hes 71 but 70 is the new 50. We have 80 year olds with alot more authority in this country than a college basketball coach. Please make this happen. I use to love this time of year and I probably wont even watch the tournament, its just so crappy to have a team this bad."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:33 pm

I agree with Craig. Not saying Beilein is not an excellent Xs and Os guy, but can he relate to today's college athlete? Transfer portal and NIL aside, does this guy want to deal with the rigors of recruiting high school teenagers? Can he get into the heads and motivate these kids when he's older that their Grandpa's?

It's a young-er man's job.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:33 pm
I agree with Craig. Not saying Beilein is not an excellent Xs and Os guy, but can he relate to today's college athlete? Transfer portal and NIL aside, does this guy want to deal with the rigors of recruiting high school teenagers? Can he get into the heads and motivate these kids when he's older that their Grandpa's?

At this point, the JV coach at Pioneer seems like an upgrade over Juwan, so why not kick the tires on a legend?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:46 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:33 pm

At this point, the JV coach at Pioneer seems like an upgrade over Juwan, so why not kick the tires on a legend?
Because it's a 3-5+ year "kick". Michigan, as fucked up as it is ( :D ), is still a top job. They should get someone who can build the program back.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:20 pm

If he were to return, he should be able to assemble a great staff and hand things over to the heir apparent once those 3 to 5 years expire.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic