Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SUPER SUNDAY!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: SUPER SUNDAY!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:54 am

Romo singing (if one can call it that) during an outro into commercial break was the lowlight of the telecast.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 am

No mention of the Niners going for it on fourth down inside the twenty...and making it? :hat They could've just kicked the FG, but nooo. Loved it. Same with KC in OT. It's all about execution. Still, there were TWO record-breaking FGs in this game! And a blocked extra point...there are no gimmes.

I disagree that it was a boring game for the most part, I love defensive tug-of-wars.

I "watched" the halftime show with my eyes closed. They call that music? :?
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 am

The RFK, Jr. campaign commercial was bizarre.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:51 am

Except for the fourth quarter and overtime finish, the highlight for me was the Walken BMW ad.

https://youtu.be/sfB-glrgn5o?feature=shared
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:33 pm

I enjoyed the VW ad...
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:07 pm

The mid-2000s were the last era of good Super Bowl commercials.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:37 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 am
The RFK, Jr. campaign commercial was bizarre.
Sort of a throwback to the JFK campaign in 1960 -- it certainly got my attention. What really threw me for a loop was the "Vote Independent" message, not something one usually associates with the Kennedy family.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:18 pm

I watched most of the game of Nick. Noah Eagle was doing PBP.

The CBS feed was about 20 seconds behind the Nick.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

― Seneca

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 am
No mention of the Niners going for it on fourth down inside the twenty...and making it? They could've just kicked the FG, but nooo. Loved it. Same with KC in OT.
When the Chiefs went for it on fourth down in overtime, they were on their own 34-yard-line. They NEEDED to go for it at that point; it was either get the first down or game-over, and Mahomes got the first down. The Chiefs didn't face another fourth-down play before they scored the winning TD.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:00 pm

MichMash wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 am
No mention of the Niners going for it on fourth down inside the twenty...and making it? They could've just kicked the FG, but nooo. Loved it. Same with KC in OT.
When the Chiefs went for it on fourth down in overtime, they were on their own 34-yard-line. They NEEDED to go for it at that point; it was either get the first down or game-over, and Mahomes got the first down. The Chiefs didn't face another fourth-down play before they scored the winning TD.
You're right, of course. I was just making a point of going for it on fourth down and making it. KC's was probably a bad example of making the point...but they did make it.
I do stand corrected.
- Sydney J. Harris

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:28 pm

It was nice to see Wilford Brimley having so much success in his second career.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:34 pm

💯

Reid needs to start reading some oatmeal spots on TV. 😁

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:50 pm

DIABETUS
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:31 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 am
I'm gonna have to at least have it on channel 6. My 12-year-old will want to see any time Taylor Swift is shown. Even if it is only two or three times.
The people at bar I watched the game at did the most American thing you can do every time Swift appeared on screen:

TURNED IT INTO A DRNKING GAME !!!

Great fun was had by all.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:56 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:31 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 am
I'm gonna have to at least have it on channel 6. My 12-year-old will want to see any time Taylor Swift is shown. Even if it is only two or three times.
The people at bar I watched the game at did the most American thing you can do every time Swift appeared on screen:

TURNED IT INTO A DRNKING GAME !!!

Great fun was had by all.
She was legitimately pissed while SF was winning. I told her Taylor Swift won't be getting a ring one way or the other.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic