Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Goff $212M/4 years

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Goff $212M/4 years

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm

Had to do it. LFG!

The censorship king from out of state.

Realist

Re: Goff $212M/4 years

Post by Realist » Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Nice work if you can get it…

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm
Had to do it. LFG!
Agreed. He's earned it, and I say that as a former Goff skeptic!

Lions absolutely need to be in WIN NOW mode and do everything necessary to keep the nucleus intact. This extension definitely aligns with such a strategy.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

edj

Post by edj » Tue May 14, 2024 10:46 am

It's only a good contract if they win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, too much money.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue May 14, 2024 10:53 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm
Had to do it. LFG!
Agreed. He's earned it, and I say that as a former Goff skeptic!

Lions absolutely need to be in WIN NOW mode and do everything necessary to keep the nucleus intact. This extension definitely aligns with such a strategy.
They were one half of football away from "The Big Game". You'd better BE-LEEVE they're in win-now mode! :hat
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 pm

What an incredible amount of money. Does he really need it? How much will it add to ticket prices?

Those are just questions that come to mind first, the older I get.

But it's the result of a market-based, supply/demand economy, so if it's O.K. with the people paying for it (Lions owners, ticketholders), it's O.K. with me. I'll probably never see the inside of Ford Field—I'm too busy dealing with the latest price hikes at Leo's Coney Island.

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm

Considering changes in the division and how the NFL does schedules, expect a major step back. I am thinking that the Lions are going to be third in the division, if they are lucky.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 14, 2024 12:56 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm
Considering changes in the division and how the NFL does schedules, expect a major step back. I am thinking that the Lions are going to be third in the division, if they are lucky.
You think the Vikings and/or the Bears will have a better record?

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:56 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
The Packers definitely will. I can see the Bears having a better record than the Lions. Caleb will be a bust, but that doesn't mean he will be totally ineffective. The Lions had trouble with this type of QB in the past and while they selected well, I really do not see the secondary as upgraded for this season. The O-Line is gonna take a small step back and, this is just intuition here, but I smell Goff having a real tough year this coming year. They won't be playing a bunch of bums every week and they did face their fair share of bums last year.

I also don't think Dan Campbell is all that bright. Guarantee in five years he will be rode out of Detroit on a rail. Not just for taking unnecessary risks, but poor decisions overall. I'd replace him with Ben Johnson today if I was in charge. That wabbly-voiced Hee-Haw act only works when you're winning. People will be quick to turn on him.

Not to rant, but I knew he was going to turn out to be a bum when he didn't make big-boy moves by the trade deadline. He made one small move. Maxx Crosby was DYING to come here. That guy would have been a major addition. We would have gone to the SB last year and won if we had him. They said that they had a plan and didn't want to deviate from it. They had opportunity and everyone saw that. Except him. Crosby would have been worth 2nd and 3rd round picks. Well, at least they will have a good pick this year to do nothing with!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 14, 2024 2:48 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:56 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
The Packers definitely will. I can see the Bears having a better record than the Lions. Caleb will be a bust, but that doesn't mean he will be totally ineffective. The Lions had trouble with this type of QB in the past and while they selected well, I really do not see the secondary as upgraded for this season. The O-Line is gonna take a small step back and, this is just intuition here, but I smell Goff having a real tough year this coming year. They won't be playing a bunch of bums every week and they did face their fair share of bums last year.

I also don't think Dan Campbell is all that bright. Guarantee in five years he will be rode out of Detroit on a rail. Not just for taking unnecessary risks, but poor decisions overall. I'd replace him with Ben Johnson today if I was in charge. That wabbly-voiced Hee-Haw act only works when you're winning. People will be quick to turn on him.

Not to rant, but I knew he was going to turn out to be a bum when he didn't make big-boy moves by the trade deadline. He made one small move. Maxx Crosby was DYING to come here. That guy would have been a major addition. We would have gone to the SB last year and won if we had him. They said that they had a plan and didn't want to deviate from it. They had opportunity and everyone saw that. Except him. Crosby would have been worth 2nd and 3rd round picks. Well, at least they will have a good pick this year to do nothing with!
You realize the coach has very little to do with trades, don't you? He might offer input, but that is the duty of the GM and his staff. Or do you want to recklessly trash Brad Holmes too?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic