Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scottie Scheffler arrested for reckless driving and assaulting an officer

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw

Scottie Scheffler arrested for reckless driving and assaulting an officer

Post by bmw » Fri May 17, 2024 10:54 am

Whoops.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40 ... ampionship
World No. 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler was arrested by Louisville Metro Police on Friday morning after trying to drive into the entrance of Valhalla Golf Club, the site of this week's PGA Championship.

Traffic outside the golf course had been stopped after a man was struck and killed by a shuttle bus around 5 a.m. ET.

Scheffler faces charges of second-degree assault of a police officer, third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, and disregarding traffic signals from an officer directing traffic. The assault charge is a felony; the others are misdemeanors.
If you go on to read the article, it sounds to me like Scheffler is making excuses and not taking accountability for his actions.

Honeyman

Re: Scottie Scheffler arrested for reckless driving and assaulting an officer

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 am

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me and then a cop blew it out of proportion.
The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:27 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 am
Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me and then a cop blew it out of proportion.
Or a a guy who thinks he is above the law. It was a FATAL ACCIDENT and those can take hours to sort out. My daughter has been to many. It's not just " who gets a ticket?". It's about accident reconstruction by a specialized detective to determine whether a crime was committed and what level of crime.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 17, 2024 12:34 pm

Honeyman wrote:
If it's a fatal accident and the road looks closed and then the cops start waving at you frantically... GAME OVER. It sounds to me like he was getting there and getting there NOW and went apeshit trying to get around the scene.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:27 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Or a a guy who thinks he is above the law. It was a FATAL ACCIDENT and those can take hours to sort out. My daughter has been to many. It's not just " who gets a ticket?". It's about accident reconstruction by a specialized detective to determine whether a crime was committed and what level of crime.
Wrong. The cops were fucking assholes: https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1 ... xZBbA&s=19

https://twitter.com/therealZNO/status/1 ... Y9nMA&s=19
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:27 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Every time a PGA pro drives to a major there are major traffic back-ups and they are instructed to go around them in their marked vehicle. Obviously the situation was chaotic, it was dark, and by accounts Scheffler was unaware of the fatal accident that occurred (which points to a need for a timely notification system). I am not suggesting it was OK, but it is certainly understandable. There is a need for police in that situation to be clearly identified as such.

The fact that after this was all sorted out and Scottie was charged with a felony tells you something.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic