Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sherrone Moore named Michigan coach

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Sherrone Moore named Michigan coach

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:07 pm

Should have seen that coming.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Re: Sherrone Moore named Michigan coach

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Seems like a class act. Doubt this is Juwan on grass. Maybe a 8-4 season before the sanctions hit.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Evidently, no job posting and interview period was required after all (contrary to earlier speculation). Usually, such postings are done for EEO purposes. The fact Mr. Moore is a racial minority perhaps negated that need.

It is definitely the correct hire. Returning players are strongly supportive. I think U-M will win at least 10 games this coming regular season.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 356518007/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 350351007/
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:10 pm
Seems like a class act. Doubt this is Juwan on grass. Maybe a 8-4 season before the sanctions hit.
There aren't going to be sanctions. Next year, the floor should be 10-2.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Evidently, no job posting and interview period was required after all (contrary to earlier speculation). Usually, such postings are done for EEO purposes. The fact Mr. Moore is a racial minority perhaps negated that need.

It is definitely the correct hire. Returning players are strongly supportive. I think U-M will win at least 10 games this coming regular season.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 356518007/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 350351007/
https://spg.umich.edu/policy/201.22
POSTING REQUIREMENT
Regular openings of 50% effort or more (twenty hours or more on a standard work schedule) will be posted for a minimum of seven calendar days prior to being filled. Regular openings of less than 50 % effort (less than twenty hours on a standard work schedule) may be posted at the discretion of the unit.

Posting Waiver

A unit may request a waiver of the posting requirement from the appropriate Human Resources office. The standard for considering a request for a waiver of the posting requirement is whether the legitimate business needs of the unit outweigh the University’s intent to provide notice of employment opportunities to the University community and others through the posting process. Examples of a business need include, but are not limited to, the University’s commitment to assist reduction-in-force candidates and dual career candidates.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:08 pm

I think the OSU table turns back with at least one other random loss. I can't remember the schedule off hand but I know it's supposed to be more of a challenge this season.
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:18 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:08 pm
I think the OSU table turns back with at least one other random loss. I can't remember the schedule off hand but I know it's supposed to be more of a challenge this season.
Texas, Oregon, and Ohio State are the tossups - they win at least 1 and they are 10-2. The program is in good shape. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't rather have Coach Harbaugh, but that ship has sailed for now.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:45 pm

I suspect sanctions, but I still say this team can get 9 wins. However, I think a bowl will be one of the casualties. I suspect losses to Texas and Oregon and some surprise loss. They beat OSU again.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:51 pm

I don't wanna do Rich Rod or Hoke again. If I can get 9-3 or 10-2, hopefully a bowl and a win in the bowl, I'll take it.
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:50 pm

We will literally never hire someone who has never been at Michigan. 8-4. The Michigan Man tradition continues.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:50 pm
We will literally never hire someone who has never been at Michigan. 8-4. The Michigan Man tradition continues.
RR went 15-22. Sherrone was the obvious choice. Quit whining.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:29 pm

Let's not forget Hoke started well with Rich Rod's players but got worse season by season.
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:48 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:29 pm
Let's not forget Hoke started well with Rich Rod's players but got worse season by season.
I was an RR guy and not a Hoke guy. RR was never going to win big at Michigan. Harbaugh was at the beginning of a long run. Hopefully Moore can keep it up - that remains to be seen.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:48 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
I was an RR guy and not a Hoke guy. RR was never going to win big at Michigan. Harbaugh was at the beginning of a long run. Hopefully Moore can keep it up - that remains to be seen.
We just lost a bunch of upper classman players… no way that run was gonna keep moving next year.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:48 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
We just lost a bunch of upper classman players… no way that run was gonna keep moving next year.
Next man up. QB will be the biggest challenge, obviously. Defense is still loaded.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:20 am

I knew that Shrrone Moore was going to be the new head coach at Michigan and Jim wanted him as the next HC he hand picked the next coach for Michigan. I see 8 or 9 wins next year for Michigan going to be tough but they are going to win a lot of games I don't see a big down season.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic