Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harbaughs Out

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Harbaughs Out

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 pm

Reports have it that Jim Harbaugh is becoming the next head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers. Adios amigo.

Matt

Re: Harbaughs Out

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:52 pm

Man, Warde really fucked this up...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 pm
Jim Harbaugh is becoming the next head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers.
Yeah, but for how long? :?:
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:07 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:49 pm
Jim Harbaugh is becoming the next head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers.
Yeah, but for how long? :?:
Years one figures.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:52 pm
$11.5 Million a year for 6 years is what was offered. Harbaugh wants a Super Bowl win badly. Michigan probably couldn’t keep him. 11.5 mil was a decent offer by the school too.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:11 pm
Matt wrote:
$11.5 Million a year for 6 years is what was offered. Harbaugh wants a Super Bowl win badly. Michigan probably couldn’t keep him. 11.5 mil was a decent offer by the school too.
Which would have made him the highest paid coach in college football. But they didn't throw in an immunity clause, Harbaugh knows he's guilty and bailed.

He'll probably take Minter and others with him, UM will get a slap on the wrist for all their cheating, Moore will be head coach and win 8 games a year. University builds cheatin' Jimmy a statue and puts it next to the rape enablers.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:22 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Which would have made him the highest paid coach in college football. But they didn't throw in an immunity clause, Harbaugh knows he's guilty and bailed.

He'll probably take Minter and others with him, UM will get a slap on the wrist for all their cheating, Moore will be head coach and win 8 games a year. University builds cheatin' Jimmy a statue and puts it next to the rape enablers.
8-4 at best next year. First year coach and a young team.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:22 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

8-4 at best next year. First year coach and a young team.
Yost will be rolling around in his grave that Michigan has them a "ni--er" head coach.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:48 pm

Aren't you a MSU graduate?

Maybe worry more about your own house. They didn't earn the nickname Michigan Rape for being a place for the angels
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:48 pm

Maybe worry more about your own house. They didn't earn the nickname Michigan Rape for being a place for the angels
I am. I've made my comments about Larry Nassar and the university many times here. The darkest moment in MSU history.

But the subject of this thread is UM football, and there is a statue of a rape enabler STILL in front of the football building STILL named for him..

Talk to your daughter and educate yourself what this man did, because you either don't know, or are ignoring.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:53 pm

Very sad to see Harbaugh leave.

I'm not sure his departure can be placed at Manuel's feet, though (although, the 3-game suspension at the start of the season without a negotiated resolution of the NCAA recruiting charges was very boneheaded). I think the university's lawyers and Ono arguably deserve greater blame. Ono needs to grow a set.

Moore staying and receiving the head coach stripes would be a good outcome - one I'd like to see.

My fear, though, is Minter will follow Harbaugh to L.A. I am not sure how one prevents that.
Harbaugh's attorneys, who had been trying to work with Michigan to keep him in Ann Arbor, said, however, it took until the proverbial 11th hour on Wednesday for Michigan to give in on certain contract language. By then, it was too late. After months of Michigan rejecting the contract terms his lawyers proposed in late 2023, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told The Detroit News that Michigan finally agreed to Harbaugh's proposal on Wednesday afternoon when Harbaugh was already in the final stage of discussions with the Chargers.
Source: The Detroit News.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:00 am
bmw wrote:Do you think the Big 10's timing of its Harbaugh suspension was prompted by nothing more than fear that he's going to be coaching somewhere else next year and that if they waited until the off-season that he would basically walk off scot-free?
I do not believe so. I think it's a function of the conference, and its commissioner especially, succumbing to mob pressure.

Under the scenario you laid out, the conference (barring violation of tort law) would still have had the ability to punish the school by suspending his successor.
So is this the final nail in the coffin of the investigation, or might there still be future punishments handed out?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:12 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:00 am
bmw wrote:Do you think the Big 10's timing of its Harbaugh suspension was prompted by nothing more than fear that he's going to be coaching somewhere else next year and that if they waited until the off-season that he would basically walk off scot-free?
I do not believe so. I think it's a function of the conference, and its commissioner especially, succumbing to mob pressure.

Under the scenario you laid out, the conference (barring violation of tort law) would still have had the ability to punish the school by suspending his successor.
So is this the final nail in the coffin of the investigation, or might there still be future punishments handed out?
My guess is they’ll save face and see it through… that’ll shut up the silly Harbaugh was targeted narrative.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:36 pm

https://twitter.com/LincoInCIay/status/ ... 8055196723

REPORT: #Michigan will be reaching out to former #Colorado head coach Mel Tucker, per source.

Tucker has a 3-0 career record against Michigan, as the Wolverines will look to capture some of his magic in Ann Arbor.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

This would be a tremendous hire for Michigan. Tucker's history would be a great fit with the culture in place at the U of M.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:55 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:48 pm

I am. I've made my comments about Larry Nassar and the university many times here. The darkest moment in MSU history.

But the subject of this thread is UM football, and there is a statue of a rape enabler STILL in front of the football building STILL named for him..

Talk to your daughter and educate yourself what this man did, because you either don't know, or are ignoring.
She actually wrote quite a scathing opinion piece about the incident in the Michigan Daily. But both my kids were smart enough to avoid MSU, even after being accepted into honors colleges there. It's a corrupt culture top to bottom.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic