Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Harbaughs Out

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Harbaughs Out

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:21 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:13 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm
I don't think it's gonna be fun times to be a Michigan fan the next few years. New coach, young team, fallout from scandals that has to be dealt with...not many Saturdays are gonna be too fun.

I can live with 2023 national champions, though 😀
Michigan will be fine. If they had locked up Harbaugh, they'd be elite, and they still have a chance to be elite. Warde Manuel though... I don't understand why he's still around.
What didn't Manuel do? If reports are correct, he offered him to be the highest paid coach in the country. Maybe Harbaugh just wanted to chase his SB dream.
Manuel does nothing - he's lost a national champion and two national runner up coaches in the last five years. In addition, he had to fire another national runner up that he hired in hockey. The fact that Harbaugh was insistent on Manuel not having the singular power to fire him should tell you all you need to know.
I'm not defending Manuel, and you know more about the situation than I. But if Harbaughs focus/goal/passion is to win a Super Bowl, shouldn't he be allowed to pursue that?

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm
I don't think it's gonna be fun times to be a Michigan fan the next few years. New coach, young team, fallout from scandals that has to be dealt with...not many Saturdays are gonna be too fun.

I can live with 2023 national champions, though 😀
Michigan will be fine. If they had locked up Harbaugh, they'd be elite, and they still have a chance to be elite. Warde Manuel though... I don't understand why he's still around.
8-4 man… those other teams will still be good and our schedule next year is harder.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:52 pm
Man, Warde really fucked this up...
Yep. The Brinks truck should have been backed up on the field as soon as he held up that trophy.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:49 am

I knew that this was going to be Jim Harbaugh's last year at Michigan even before the National Championship Game win or lose Jim's passion is to win that Super Bowl, it was bound to happen that Jim was going to leave for the NFL once again it isn't that surprising to me. I'm thankful that Jim Harbaugh got Michigan that National Championship and got the Natty back to Ann Arbor.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:19 pm

Fire Warde: https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2024/0 ... baugh.html

The following is insulting:
Manuel declined to criticize Harbaugh publicly — batting down questions about Harbaugh’s quirky, larger-than-life persona and the turmoil that always seemed to live around the Michigan football program. The coach arrived in December 2014 to great fanfare, won lots of games, presided over some underwhelming seasons and was subjected to a pay cut, only to lead the Wolverines to new heights — three straight Big Ten titles, three straight College Football Playoff appearances and, most recently, a national title.

That’s how Manuel will choose to remember the Harbaugh era, not the empty promises Harbaugh gave him — like the commitment not to continue pursuing a head-coaching job in the NFL.
Warde made ZERO effort to repair the relationship with Jim after publicly cutting his salary. He also made no effort to publicly push back on the NCAA bullshit. Jim would still be at Michigan if not for this buffoon. If Michigan falters under Sherrone, it is on goddamn Warde Manuel.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:19 pm
Fire Warde: https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2024/0 ... baugh.html

The following is insulting:
Manuel declined to criticize Harbaugh publicly — batting down questions about Harbaugh’s quirky, larger-than-life persona and the turmoil that always seemed to live around the Michigan football program. The coach arrived in December 2014 to great fanfare, won lots of games, presided over some underwhelming seasons and was subjected to a pay cut, only to lead the Wolverines to new heights — three straight Big Ten titles, three straight College Football Playoff appearances and, most recently, a national title.

That’s how Manuel will choose to remember the Harbaugh era, not the empty promises Harbaugh gave him — like the commitment not to continue pursuing a head-coaching job in the NFL.
Warde made ZERO effort to repair the relationship with Jim after publicly cutting his salary. He also made no effort to publicly push back on the NCAA bullshit. Jim would still be at Michigan if not for this buffoon. If Michigan falters under Sherrone, it is on goddamn Warde Manuel.
Well... he did essentially abandon the team after reaching his goal.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:48 pm

What else did he have to prove? Every season you don't win again is considered a "disappointment". May as well head to the NFL to win there. I'd love to have him here for a few more titles, but sometimes you gotta go out on top.

I'm not even getting involved with what skirmishes he would have dealt with had he stayed.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:41 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:48 pm
What else did he have to prove? Every season you don't win again is considered a "disappointment". May as well head to the NFL to win there. I'd love to have him here for a few more titles, but sometimes you gotta go out on top.

I'm not even getting involved with what skirmishes he would have dealt with had he stayed.
So explain the Sabans and Tressels of the world that stay for 10 years of winning…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic