Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Crush ohio

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Graham Wellington

Re: Crush ohio

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:40 pm

matt1 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:42 am
Damnit, I was going to post the picture of Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard!! (Ryan Day is a little bitch)!!!
Matt1's mom is currently having him write "I will not use naughty words" 1000 times on handwriting paper.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:01 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:40 pm
matt's son wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:42 am
Damnit, I was going to post the picture of Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard!! (Ryan Day is a little bitch)!!!
Matt jr's mom is currently having him write "I will not use naughty words" 1000 times on handwriting paper.
Now take it easy on the kid. See who he looks up to.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:30 pm

I don't know who Eddie Timanus is, but after reading all the "expert" predictions, his makes the most sense to me.

Michigan and Ohio State have one thing in common. Their fan bases are among the most unlikeable in the sport. Figured I’d state that up front since one group is guaranteed to be mad at me when I pick their team to lose, so I might as well make them all angry.

But as for Saturday’s game of the week of the century of the year, I think the Buckeyes will prevail. The Wolverines were pushed for the first time all season a week ago at Maryland, and though they got through it, whether due to the coaching turmoil or just not having experienced a close game before, they appeared beatable. Ohio State, meanwhile, has found an extra offensive gear since TreVeyon Henderson returned to the lineup, and the defense is stronger than last year’s group. And oh yeah, the Buckeyes also have Marvin Harrison Jr., who might just be the best football player in the country.

Ohio State 33, Michigan 26.

Might wind up being wrong on the prediction, but he NAILED the fan bases.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:25 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:30 pm
I don't know who Eddie Timanus is, but after reading all the "expert" predictions, his makes the most sense to me.

Michigan and Ohio State have one thing in common. Their fan bases are among the most unlikeable in the sport. Figured I’d state that up front since one group is guaranteed to be mad at me when I pick their team to lose, so I might as well make them all angry.

But as for Saturday’s game of the week of the century of the year, I think the Buckeyes will prevail. The Wolverines were pushed for the first time all season a week ago at Maryland, and though they got through it, whether due to the coaching turmoil or just not having experienced a close game before, they appeared beatable. Ohio State, meanwhile, has found an extra offensive gear since TreVeyon Henderson returned to the lineup, and the defense is stronger than last year’s group. And oh yeah, the Buckeyes also have Marvin Harrison Jr., who might just be the best football player in the country.

Consult a mirror. You root for a school that ineptly believes it’s possible for it to be remotely relevant this century. And State fans are obnoxious about it or reduce themselves to making fun of Michigan which is also obnoxious.

Ohio state fans can be rather violent.. they are almost certainly one of the worst fan bases in all of sports.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:05 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:27 am
Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 am
If you've ever actually met Brian Cook - he's the first to admit he's a douche. And seems rather proud of it.
Seems pretty appropriate then that he wrote that diatribe, considering that America's Team has a high rate of douchebags as fans and apologists.
Wow, that's really a bit harsh to describe Dallas Cowboy fans....

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:21 am

I worry about the results on the field of play, not concerned at all about the off field issues facing Michigan, just win this game, then let the chips fall where they may come early spring or whenever the NCAA decides to do anything (if they decide)...
I believe UM will win, would not be surprising if OSU does pull out a victory though...
Michigan wins, Buckeye fan will dismiss it because "they cheated", their now favorite excuse for the last two years of getting their nuts pounded by Michigan..
Is Ryan Day still crying because of the mean things Lou Holtz said before the game with Notre Dame?
Michigan loses , we'll never hear the end of it, mostly.."HaHa you can't cheat this time that's why you lost" (You'd think Bucky fans would actually give credence to their team and say they were the better squad that day)
Michigan wins and let the crying begin from Buckeye, Spartan, and pretty much a vast majority of the media screaming "They shouldn't be allowed into any playoff"
UM got chastised this season because of the weak schedule they played (which was made a few years ago, no one was saying anything about it back then)
Next season all the "M" haters will love that USC, Oregon, Washington, and Texas are on the schedule, along with Buckeye and Sparty.
Quite possibly this may be the last very dominant Michigan squad we see for a long time...
Oh to be in Ann Arbor Saturday, as Mickey Redmond likes to say...
"This is no place for a nervous person"...
Go Blue, I hope they win today...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:00 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:25 am
Honeyman wrote:

Consult a mirror. You root for a school that ineptly believes it’s possible for it to be remotely relevant this century. And State fans are obnoxious about it or reduce themselves to making fun of Michigan which is also obnoxious.

Ohio state fans can be rather violent.. they are almost certainly one of the worst fan bases in all of sports.
He's got you on that one, HM. My younger siblings are all (were all) MSU fans. My brother used to have a big get together for UM/MSU at his house every year (while MSU was relevant and riding high). But since they've slid back into mediocrity, none of them could give a crouching tiger, flying fuck about the games. Boy did I take shit for years. I was at his house for "trouble with the snap" and didn't live it down.

It is a lose-lose today. And it was just what OSU needed. They have an excuse any way you cut it.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:09 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:00 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:25 am
Honeyman wrote:

He's got you on that one, HM. My younger siblings are all (were all) MSU fans. My brother used to have a big get together for UM/MSU at his house every year (while MSU was relevant and riding high). But since they've slid back into mediocrity, none of them could give a crouching tiger, flying fuck about the games. Boy did I take shit for years. I was at his house for "trouble with the snap" and didn't live it down.

It is a lose-lose today. And it was just what OSU needed. They have an excuse any way you cut it.
We'll see what happens to the programs in the new BT, after Harbaugh is suspended for a year or moves to the NFL, and Jonathan Smith is running the show in EL. But I am not arguing the fact your football team is far better. Basketball, and now hockey, not so much. My comments were more of a dig on the fan base. You don't realize how you are looked at on a national basis.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:32 pm

FOX with its damn commercial breaks.

Seems like damn near 10 minutes since the last action on the field.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:36 pm

Michigan's O-line is not impressing me so far.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:13 pm
Matt is gonna strangle me, but I'm going with OSU this weekend. There's so much uncertainty with Michigan right now, I don't know if they have the focus.

That said, there is nothing I would love more than 3 in a row!
Boy I love being wrong.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:44 pm

Go Blue!!!! INSTANT CLASSIC!

🤩🤩🤩🎉

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:45 pm

Very classy remarks by J.J. McCarthy just now. Even Michigan haters should give him accolades for that.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:52 pm

Great win in a great game, congrats UMers!
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:58 pm

Thanks, moldy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic