Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will you pay more?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
tapeisrolling

Will you pay more?

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:13 pm

@CordCuttersNews
Comcast Will Reportedly Move Bally Sports To a More Expensive Package This Week

TC Talks

Re: Will you pay more?

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:19 pm

I'm streaming from offshore these days, I think cable sports is going to evaporate with Baby boomers.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:19 pm

It's already happened in Portland and the "Root Sports" channel. Kicker is for years Comcast/Xfinity wouldn't carry the Portland Trailblazer NBA team. They finally did after "Root" was inaugurated, now only to pull the same jive as tapeisrolling noted. Guess we're back to our pirating ways. We're pretty well versed in the 'how-to's' by now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:13 pm
@CordCuttersNews
Comcast Will Reportedly Move Bally Sports To a More Expensive Package This Week
When my Comcrap contract expires in mid-November, I am considering reducing my services to their cheap package (or twisting their arms to get a discount) or cancelling cable video service altogether in favor of streaming.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:00 pm

I got rid of cable tv altogether at both our main residence and lake residence. I was paying almost $500 per month to have cable at both places. Now use You Tube TV that costs 72.99 per month and I have access to it at that price at both residences. I doubt I'll ever go back to a cable TV service, especially not at those prices.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:16 pm

No cable for me. I've been relying on the radio.

It might be tougher if they start streaming more college football.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:36 pm

originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:00 pm
Now use You Tube TV that costs 72.99 per month and I have access to it at that price at both residences. I doubt I'll ever go back to a cable TV service, especially not at those prices.
I just switched to YOutube from Hulu. But in either case you have to throw in what you pay for Internet too since you can't stream without it.
In my cas Internet is $72 a month for 200 mbps (250? I forget) from Comcast. So that plus the YOutube monthly is the true cost.
I no longer directly engage trolls

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:08 pm

That is true. I still pay AT&t $118 per month at the main residence (partly due to the fact that I still have a land line) and $79.99 a month for internet at the lake house. Still paying a lot less than when I had AT&T at home and Charter up at the lake for cable tv.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:03 pm

Cable isn't worth it anymore. In the early 90s, I begged my folks to get cable to the house (this was back when almost every neighborhood had a different channel line up and availability). I was excited as hell just to have PASS, The Movie Channel, Nickelodeon, MTV, ESPN and a handful of other channels (I think the system only went to 35 or so). Today? We couldn't cancel it fast enough. Streaming and OTA TV (Detroit, Lansing and Flint channels where I can get them) are plenty enough.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:57 am

Literally done paying Comcrap. Went to WOW and pay for Sling per month twice a year to get caught up on shows, the baseball season, and bowl games. I was pay $38 a month on average($30 for WOW and $8 for Sling when cost is spread out for the year, $96/12). So $38 as opposed to $159, I’ll take it. And Bally’s can get bent.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic