Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 pm
I find the Matt Weiss saga to be far more intriguing:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 332666007/
We should have a mibuzzboard poll on "What is your favorite UM football scandal?".

Apparently TCU knew UM was cheating and used dummy signals to throw the cheaters off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-tcu-kn ... 48698.html

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:46 pm

Stealing signs isn't cheating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:34 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 pm
I find the Matt Weiss saga to be far more intriguing:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 332666007/
We should have a mibuzzboard poll on "What is your favorite UM football scandal?".

Apparently TCU knew UM was cheating and used dummy signals to throw the cheaters off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-tcu-kn ... 48698.html
The more that comes out the more it looks like Michigan isn't nearly as good as they look.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:46 pm
Stealing signs isn't cheating.
I see. So I obviously can still use "stealing". Can I use "scandal"?

"You always want to be above reproach, especially when you’re good, because you don’t want people to come back and say, ‘They’re winning because they’re cheating.’ That’s always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, ever since I was a little kid. We want to be above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. Because if you don’t, if you cheat to win, then you’ve already lost, according to RAPE ENABLER Bo Schembechler. And RAPE ENABLER Bo Schembechler is about next to the word of God as you can get in my mind. It’s not the word of God, but it’s close.”

-- Jim Harbaugh

*-----Comments in BOLD were not said by Jimmy, but my additions.
Last edited by Honeyman on Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:03 pm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 pm

The farther this goes the more devastating it gets…

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 pm
Remember when you used to pretend you were a Michigan fan?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:48 pm

I guess my question is...if any of that is indeed true, how could they leave such a paper trail? I mean, Jesus, at least make it a challenge! They couldn't have made it any easier if they wrote Stalions a check that said "tickets to steal signals from opponents" on the memo line.

I really hope this "isn't what it looks like" and this kid is just some groupie trying to take over Michigan football. There's just NO. WAY. Harbaugh could be THAT stupid. NOBODY could be that stupid.

I'm going to reserve judgement on this until this is more than just this Stalions kid being a fucking psycho.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:50 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:48 pm
I guess my question is...if any of that is indeed true, how could they leave such a paper trail? I mean, Jesus, at least make it a challenge! They couldn't have made it any easier if they wrote Stalions a check that said "tickets to steal signals from opponents" on the memo line.

I really hope this "isn't what it looks like" and this kid is just some groupie trying to take over Michigan football. There's just NO. WAY. Harbaugh could be THAT stupid. NOBODY could be that stupid.

I'm going to reserve judgement on this until this is more than just this Stalions kid being a fucking psycho.
You can rest easy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:50 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

You can rest easy.
It bothers me so much because I waited years for Michigan to be something. Years of going 10-2, 9-3, get invited to the Roto-rooter bowl, getting smoked by UConn, and it starts over again the next season. Being owned by OSU. Being MSU's bitch. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up in 2021 when Michigan beat OSU.

And then this happened.

I suppose all colleges are on some bullshit, and this could very well be bad. Very bad. I just wanted to win purely and outright. No questions. Hey, this could just be a set up. It could be bullshit. It could be nothing. But it could be everything.

Like I said, I will reserve judgement and continue to cheer on my team. At least until I hear otherwise.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:58 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:50 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

You can rest easy.
It bothers me so much because I waited years for Michigan to be something. Years of going 10-2, 9-3, get invited to the Roto-rooter bowl, getting smoked by UConn, and it starts over again the next season. Being owned by OSU. Being MSU's bitch. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up in 2021 when Michigan beat OSU.

And then this happened.

I suppose all colleges are on some bullshit, and this could very well be bad. Very bad. I just wanted to win purely and outright. No questions. Hey, this could just be a set up. It could be bullshit. It could be nothing. But it could be everything.

Like I said, I will reserve judgement and continue to cheer on my team. At least until I hear otherwise.
Enjoy the season and this team - ignore the coordinated PR attack.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
I was a fan of Michigan under Lloyd Carr… everything that’s come after that is some kind of delusional train wreck… get the team back to that level and we’ll talk. Harbaugh isn’t that.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:44 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
I was a fan of Michigan under Lloyd Carr… everything that’s come after that is some kind of delusional train wreck… get the team back to that level and we’ll talk. Harbaugh isn’t that.
12-2 in 2021, 13-1 in 2022, 8-0 so far this year - that is not a trainwreck. Also Harbaugh has a higher winning percentage than Carr and actually bothers having a quality coaching staff.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:44 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
12-2 in 2021, 13-1 in 2022, 8-0 so far this year - that is not a trainwreck. Also Harbaugh has a higher winning percentage than Carr and actually bothers having a quality coaching staff.
If it came because of some sort of vast effort on the part of the team to have an inside angle and this scandal goes full bore… it tarnishes those records and indeed would be a train wreck.

Besides that era of college football was infinitely better than the current iteration.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 am

Too me Connor is a superfan I think he is a alone wolf in my opinion. I agree with Deion Sanders Coach Prime that you still got to stop the plays from happening.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic