Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
tapeisrolling

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by tapeisrolling » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:55 pm

Anyone think it could be possible that the super fan is a "Look at me, look at me"? I'll bet if someone sat and charted every play for every situation and incorporated a little AI, taking into consideration the head coach and the coordinators history's of play calling. You might end up with a really good chance of guessing the type if not the exact play to be called.
I know a guy who played at Michigan a few years ago. I asked what was the reason for the sideline to hold up big cards with words or pictures. The response was to signal AND hide signals that the other team 30 to 40 yard away is looking at. That help answers why a team will have 3 player/coaches flashing signs at the same time.
I don't think this guy is an Alan Turing working on the Enigma machine. He just wants people to think so.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:11 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:55 pm
Anyone think it could be possible that the super fan is a "Look at me, look at me"? I'll bet if someone sat and charted every play for every situation and incorporated a little AI, taking into consideration the head coach and the coordinators history's of play calling. You might end up with a really good chance of guessing the type if not the exact play to be called.
I know a guy who played at Michigan a few years ago. I asked what was the reason for the sideline to hold up big cards with words or pictures. The response was to signal AND hide signals that the other team 30 to 40 yard away is looking at. That help answers why a team will have 3 player/coaches flashing signs at the same time.
I don't think this guy is an Alan Turing working on the Enigma machine. He just wants people to think so.
💯
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:13 pm

I think it was Colin Cowherd who said it was more than odd that in the name of fair competition you can't pull out your cell phone and record another team but you can pull out a cell phone and buy another teams star players without breaking any rules.
For those who can't connect those dots it's a combination of the NIL and the transfer portal.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm

Hey, Craig. I was down by you today. The entrance to 23 north on Michigan Ave is closed so it took me up Platt. Morning traffic around there is nothing to mess with. I had forgotten!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:32 pm

The US-23 corridor within 15 miles of Ann Arbor has always been a shit show.

It also broke earlier today that OSU did the exact same in relation to sign stealing.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:34 pm

MasterB wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:29 am
I don't believe it's as major as the media is making it out to be in my opinion and it is an outdated rule to begin with. It's the NCAA picking on Jim Harbaugh for no reason but he will be going back to the NFL after the season is over.
That’s all they want. They want to keep Michigan down to puff up the SEC. The SEC is their cash cow.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:08 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:13 pm
I think it was Colin Cowherd who said it was more than odd that in the name of fair competition you can't pull out your cell phone and record another team but you can pull out a cell phone and buy another teams star players without breaking any rules.
For those who can't connect those dots it's a combination of the NIL and the transfer portal.
Absolutely right.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 am

Connor Stalions may not have violated any NCAA bylaws: https://mgoblog.com/diaries/ncaa%27s-ru ... n%27s-side
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:59 am

Looks like a lawyer who writes from mgoblog has a little too much time on his hands. The article reads like a court filing. 🥸

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:14 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 am
Connor Stalions may not have violated any NCAA bylaws: https://mgoblog.com/diaries/ncaa%27s-ru ... n%27s-side
An interesting read. I have to think UM has lawyers looking at any and all angles.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:35 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 am
That reads like it was written by a desperate to make this go away fan… the ending logic about paying for scouting being ok is rather flabby. The rule changes in 2013 do not say what he purports them to say… Shall we call this your E-V.com?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:40 am

upon further reading I think the guy's argument that you can pay a third party to scout is completely inaccurate.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:43 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm
Hey, Craig. I was down by you today. The entrance to 23 north on Michigan Ave is closed so it took me up Platt. Morning traffic around there is nothing to mess with. I had forgotten!
It can get backed up during prime time no doubt. My house is an easy walk to Packard and Platt.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:14 pm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 pm

I find the Matt Weiss saga to be far more intriguing:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 332666007/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic