Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU vs. UM predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: MSU vs. UM predictions

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:51 pm
NBC should hire you!
I saw it elsewhere.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 pm

Very nice gesture on his part. McBurrows deserved that recognition.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:05 pm

Compliments to NBC's Noah Eagle for mentioning the outrageously poor seating assignment given to Michigan's marching band a couple times during the broadcast.

They were forced to sit at the very top corner of the upper bowl.

I would've been more blunt in my criticism than he was, but again, credit to him for mentioning MSU's dick move.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:05 pm
Compliments to NBC's Noah Eagle for mentioning the outrageously poor seating assignment given to Michigan's marching band a couple times during the broadcast.

They were forced to sit at the very top corner of the upper bowl.

I would've been more blunt in my criticism than he was, but again, credit to him for mentioning MSU's dick move.
https://twitter.com/DavidHarns/status/1 ... 6675011585

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:32 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:55 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:08 pm
This will be beyond ugly. 49-10.
Well it looks like my prediction is shot. Honeyman still has a chance, though. I'm not sure MSU is gonna get any points, let alone 10.
The only hope of a State score is if Harbaugh decides to rest the 1st and 2nd string the rest of the game.
He was the closest, though. I wasn't sure Michigan would put up 49 and I can't believe State didn't even get a field goal. Something told me it would be closer.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:36 pm

Bands sitting in the stands is fine; it's the horrible seating location with which I am taking issue.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:40 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:36 pm
Bands sitting in the stands is fine; it's the horrible seating location with which I am taking issue.
It appears based on that tweet that Michigan and MSU agreed to seat each other's bands in similarly shitty locations. From pictures I've seen, visiting bands to Michigan Stadium do not have premium seats either.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:43 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:32 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:55 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:08 pm
This will be beyond ugly. 49-10.
Well it looks like my prediction is shot. Honeyman still has a chance, though. I'm not sure MSU is gonna get any points, let alone 10.
The only hope of a State score is if Harbaugh decides to rest the 1st and 2nd string the rest of the game.
He was the closest, though. I wasn't sure Michigan would put up 49 and I can't believe State didn't even get a field goal. Something told me it would be closer.
Agreed - I was overly optimistic that it wouldn't be a total embarrassment. Yet, not surprised it was.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:55 pm

Re: band seating...

I've never seen an opposing team's band sit in the very top rows of Michigan Stadium. The stairwell tunnels at the Big House are located closer to the top than the bottom, as most of the seating bowl of the stadium is below grade.

Michigan's band even in a relatively quiet Spartan Stadium was inaudible or nearly inaudible to TV viewers on multiple scoring plays tonight.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:59 pm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:05 am

That looks to be only a small portion of the OSU band. They should've been given better seats nonetheless.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:13 am

Listen, I don't disagree with you. I've never been more disappointed with the state of affairs at MSU, and that says a lot. I agree, the band tonight should be given better spots out of common courtesy and respect. But I don't think it's fair to pile on when it appears Michigan does the same.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:32 am

I will say some - perhaps many - band members likely prefer lousy seats as compared to standing near the sidelines the entire game. (If they are seated on folding chairs at field level, different story obviously.)

I raised the topic only because the network play by play man raised the topic, and because I've never heard any Michigan marching band sound so inaudible during a game. Perhaps the audio setup used by NBC is partially to blame as even the MSU band didn't sound as loud as usual.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:41 am

MSU had no pride as they shouldn't have let Michigan score that final touchdown that was MSU's D throwing the white flag get the stop to end the game. I knew it was going to be a blow out. MSU will hire a new coach as the coach they have now isn't a very good coach really should've had Mark take over the rest of the year. I doubt that MSU will win anymore teams as this team has given up and waved the white flag.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:56 am

I do have some good news for MSU:

Minnesota stinks. Refs handed them a win in Iowa City yesterday afternoon by taking a phenomenal return for a TD (which should've been ruled a legal TD) off the scoreboard very late in the 4th.

Minnesota's offense is putrid. If MSU's defense can play well next weekend, they have a shot at defeating Minnesota.

The Big Ten is rotten as a conference this year outside of Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State. The west division is a disgrace. God bless anyone who could withstand watching Northwestern versus Nebraska yesterday or Iowa versus Minnesota (I caught the last couple minutes of that one, which were entertaining for all the wrong reasons).

https://larrybrownsports-com.cdn.amppro ... n%2F622665

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic