Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The death of MSU football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: The death of MSU football

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:38 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 pm
What would he sue her for?
If her allegations of sexual harassment are untrue, he could definitely try to sue for defamation.
As a public figure his burden of proof would be MUCH higher than if this was you or I...

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:40 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:44 pm
This article pretty much echoes your point, RF:

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-f ... -football/

But it puts more of the blame on MSU for their culpability, and I think deservedly so.
Yeah, I definitely agree that the athletic department is culpable, and in the process they've thrown the rest of the school under the bus.

I'm just not sure it's a good idea any longer for universities to be the banner carriers for big time college football. University presidents, boards, and even athletic department administrators are basically clueless at how to successfully manage these multi-million programs that dwarf everything else under their control.

Amateur hour is long gone. This is professional sports hiding behind the logos and names of institutions that should have better things to worry about than this bullspit.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:18 am

Thank you for summarizing why I don't watch televised sports.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 am

AT BEST, MSU's BoT and interim president are incompetent. At some point, you have to ask if they are complicit.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 827039007/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 am

I want to see the phone records!

Did she continue to call him for the four months before she spoke with her attorney and friends, or did he continue to call her?

In one of the articles, it sounded like she was trying to call him (repeatedly), but he was refusing to take her calls.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:36 am

The phrase Title IX keeps getting tossed around by the media.
But my limited research suggests this isn't an actual title IX investigation.
For one thing neither party gets any paperwork from a Title IX investigation until the investigation is complete. It's not complete until a public hearing happens and any sanctions are decided. So how did she get her hands on the 1200 page report and give it to USA Today before the investigation is completed?
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 am

USA Today is clear that there is a Title IX investigation. Tuggy would like you to believe otherwise.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:28 am
I want to see the phone records!

Did she continue to call him for the four months before she spoke with her attorney and friends, or did he continue to call her?

In one of the articles, it sounded like she was trying to call him (repeatedly), but he was refusing to take her calls.
We have decided you won't be able to see any phone records.
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 am
USA Today is clear that there is a Title IX investigation. Tuggy would like you to believe otherwise.
The US Department of Education doesn't list an MSU investigation.
And as I said before if it was an actual Title IX investigation a 1200 page report should not be in the hands of an involved party till the investigation is over.

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ ... tate%5D=MI

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:24 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:40 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:44 pm
This article pretty much echoes your point, RF:

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-f ... -football/

But it puts more of the blame on MSU for their culpability, and I think deservedly so.
Yeah, I definitely agree that the athletic department is culpable, and in the process they've thrown the rest of the school under the bus.

I'm just not sure it's a good idea any longer for universities to be the banner carriers for big time college football. University presidents, boards, and even athletic department administrators are basically clueless at how to successfully manage these multi-million programs that dwarf everything else under their control.

Amateur hour is long gone. This is professional sports hiding behind the logos and names of institutions that should have better things to worry about than this bullspit.
I agree with you 100%. But there is no putting the genie back in the bottle now. Networks will continue to pay exorbitant dollars to conferences to broadcast games. H***, guaranteed contracts will continue to be given to coaches by the larger schools. NIL will grow by leaps & bounds and become commonplace everywhere. Progress. Or should I say, "progress?"
The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:24 pm

I agree with you 100%. But there is no putting the genie back in the bottle now. Networks will continue to pay exorbitant dollars to conferences to broadcast games. H***, guaranteed contracts will continue to be given to coaches by the larger schools. NIL will grow by leaps & bounds and become commonplace everywhere. Progress. Or should I say, "progress?"
Gotta love a website where the only 4 letter word off limits starts with H and means extremely large :rollin

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:18 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Gotta love a website where the only 4 letter word off limits starts with H and means extremely large :rollin
All because of the fragile ego of a certain sports radio host.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Bull Shannon wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:18 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

The whole H*** thing was before my time. Can someone explain that to me, or is it undiscussable?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 pm
Bull Shannon wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

The whole H*** thing was before my time. Can someone explain that to me, or is it undiscussable?
This thin-skinned H U G E cunt threatened MW with legal action: http://michiganmedianetwork.com/the-hug ... -simonson/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:32 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 pm
Bull Shannon wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

This thin-skinned H U G E cunt threatened MW with legal action: http://michiganmedianetwork.com/the-hug ... -simonson/
That link is like Tugger....no longer working.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic