Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The death of MSU football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: The death of MSU football

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:09 am

There are millions of women in the world. Mel is so fucking stupid, he picked the one who would get him fired.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:31 am

Also, from my Michigan fan friends: They don't want him gone.

They also don't particularly like the idea that MSU will likely be getting out of most, if not all, of the remaining $77M on his contract. They think the best play from a Michigan standpoint was to keep him around for the rest of his contract.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:37 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:31 am
Also, from my Michigan fan friends: They don't want him gone.

They also don't particularly like the idea that MSU will likely be getting out of most, if not all, of the remaining $77M on his contract. They think the best play from a Michigan standpoint was to keep him around for the rest of his contract.
I'm sure....why would they? Tell them not to worry, MSU is sure to fuck up the next hire too.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:22 pm

Feel more certain than ever that firing Mel was a good thing after listening to Barnetts presser.

Down to earth, humble, genuine, speaks naturally with no stupid fucking catch phrases, and bleeds Green.

Talked about how he’s always wanted to be the HC here but obviously not under these circumstances.

Said Dantonio is there to be his advisor and the calming presence for the team, rather than the Xs and Os guy.

Said the players are locked in and focused on their “mission.” Not one guy has come to him and asked to shut it down in order to keep their red shirt.

Barnett is having quick 1 on 1 meetings will all players this week. Position coaches have already called all their commits and Barnett will be calling every commit later this week. He said his DB commits have all told him they're sticking.

That said....Washington will shellack us Saturday.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:42 pm

I agree with some earlier posts that there's a decent chance she reeled him in hook, line & sinker.

Her story doesn't completely add up, in my opinion.

That said, Mel's decision making was very poor, especially in light of recent controversies at both MSU and U-M.

I predict there will be a mutually negotiated settlement where Mel gets a payment or series of payments to leave and to preempt any litigation against MSU. It will be interesting to see if he files a civil suit against the accuser.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:03 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:42 pm
I agree with some earlier posts that there's a decent chance she reeled him in hook, line & sinker.

Her story doesn't completely add up, in my opinion.

That said, Mel's decision making was very poor, especially in light of recent controversies at both MSU and U-M.

I predict there will be a mutually negotiated settlement where Mel gets a payment or series of payments to leave and to preempt any litigation against MSU. It will be interesting to see if he files a civil suit against the accuser.
What would he sue her for?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm

To intimidate her and others in the future.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:50 pm
To intimidate her and others in the future.
Tracy's lawyer has released a non-crazy person statement that her client did NOT leak information on the investigation: https://twitter.com/KatieJStrang/status ... PHzvA&s=19
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:51 pm

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:59 pm

Truly a case of follow the money.

More and more I think the real victim here is MSU. By trying to compete with the financial stupidity that “college” football has become, all the great things about MSU are overshadowed by these individuals that only seem to care about themselves.

How long before these universities realize this liability and blow the whole thing up?
Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 pm

If her allegations of sexual harassment are untrue, he could definitely try to sue for defamation.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:44 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:59 pm
Truly a case of follow the money.

More and more I think the real victim here is MSU. By trying to compete with the financial stupidity that “college” football has become, all the great things about MSU are overshadowed by these individuals that only seem to care about themselves.

How long before these universities realize this liability and blow the whole thing up?
This article pretty much echoes your point, RF:

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-f ... -football/

But it puts more of the blame on MSU for their culpability, and I think deservedly so.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:23 pm
If her allegations of sexual harassment are untrue, he could definitely try to sue for defamation.
He told her he had a hard dick.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:02 pm

He claims she welcomed the lewd conversations.

It's a classic "he said, she said."

If she can produce evidence of refusing his advances, asking him to cease, and then him persisting, then that would certainly prove her allegations to be true.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:02 pm
He claims she welcomed the lewd conversations.

It's a classic "he said, she said."

If she can produce evidence of refusing his advances, asking him to cease, and then him persisting, then that would certainly prove her allegations to be true.
If Tugger had any evidence of wrongdoing on Tracy's part, he does NOT come out with the idiotic statement from yesterday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic