Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 pm
Wasn't Devellano the architect behind the runs in the 90s? Holland took the reigns in '98; the team was already shit hot. I may have my dates off so correct me if needed. But I could swear Holland didn't take over until AFTER the first cup.
Holland took the reins in July of 1997 after starting as a scout with the team in Western Canada in 1990, then he was director of scouting and from 1994-1997 he was assistant GM. So he took over RIGHT AFTER they won the first one.
Yes, he won with a pre-built team in 98, an all star team in 02, and on the back of a goalie he had previously discarded in 08, but sure, he's a hall of famer.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:33 pm
Wasn't Devellano the architect behind the runs in the 90s? Holland took the reigns in '98; the team was already shit hot. I may have my dates off so correct me if needed. But I could swear Holland didn't take over until AFTER the first cup.
Holland took the reins in July of 1997 after starting as a scout with the team in Western Canada in 1990, then he was director of scouting and from 1994-1997 he was assistant GM. So he took over RIGHT AFTER they won the first one.
Yes, he won with a pre-built team in 98, an all star team in 02, and on the back of a goalie he had previously discarded in 08, but sure, he's a hall of famer.
Better to be lucky than good?

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 am
I'm secretly enjoying the turmoil coming out of Edmonton right now, seeing Holland and Connor McDavid getting twisted into knots over the Oilers' lousy start. The Oilers ripped off Pittsburgh's Crosby playbook and worked to insulate McDavid with "his" people, and trusted that massive success would follow. They brought in his former agent Jeff Jackson to be director of hockey ops, signed his old junior linemate Connor Brown to play with him, and then the cherry on the sundae, fired the head coach and brought in McDavid's former junior coach with the Erie Otters (who most recently was with AHL Hartford). And McDavid had the audacity to say with a straight face that he has had nothing to do with any of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:21 pm

MichMash wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 am
I'm secretly enjoying the turmoil coming out of Edmonton right now, seeing Holland and Connor McDavid getting twisted into knots over the Oilers' lousy start. The Oilers ripped off Pittsburgh's Crosby playbook and worked to insulate McDavid with "his" people, and trusted that massive success would follow. They brought in his former agent Jeff Jackson to be director of hockey ops, signed his old junior linemate Connor Brown to play with him, and then the cherry on the sundae, fired the head coach and brought in McDavid's former junior coach with the Erie Otters (who most recently was with AHL Hartford). And McDavid had the audacity to say with a straight face that he has had nothing to do with any of it.
That sounds like a terrible strategy…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic