Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2023

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

Re: Detroit Lions 2023

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:25 pm
Craig Reynolds laid an outstanding block on St. Brown's catch & run that resulted in a TD.

I will say this would've been a much different game if Mayfield's pass accuracy had been better.
That block by Reynolds came out of nowhere! In my estimation it was the play of the game. :hat

I'm glad to see Mayfield brought back down to Earth. :razz

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:25 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:51 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Craig Reynolds laid an outstanding block on St. Brown's catch & run that resulted in a TD.

I will say this would've been a much different game if Mayfield's pass accuracy had been better.
That block by Reynolds came out of nowhere! In my estimation it was the play of the game. :hat

I didn't realize that Mayfield wasn't on earth...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:32 pm

What are the games that could be losses - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:25 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

It's that all I heard all week on national media was Baker this and Baker that. The game was constantly being billed as a duel between resurrected #1 draft picks. He was the featured interview on the NFL Network and ESPN pregame shows. Enough already! :rolleyes
I'm glad he's finding a modicum of success in Tampa Bay, but he's not the second coming.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:35 pm
Series history: Lions are 1-5 against the Ravens. The only win came, surprisingly, in 2005.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:47 pm
First win ever for the Jets against the Eagles in series history (I believe today was only the 12th meeting between the two teams).
Put these side-by-side and suddenly the former doesn't mean much. :D
bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:39 pm
The icing on the cake is Philly and San Fran both melting down late to lose. Detroit now in a 3-way-tie at the top of the NFC.
A tie we are nevertheless at the bottom of for the moment, thanks to that blasted Seahawks game. (grumble grumble...)
Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:32 pm
What are the games that could be losses - Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys?
A Chargers team that can't decide whether it wants to win on any given week (and, by the way, faces them Cowboys tomorrow)? :lol

I would swap in maybe either the Raiders or the Saints in that spot...but between the two of them, as far as teams of consequence that either one has beaten, one beat the Packers while the other didn't. :razz

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:30 pm

& still the 1972 Miami Dolphins nearly 51 years later are still perfect because both the Eagles & 49ers lost.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:36 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:30 pm
& still the 1972 Miami Dolphins nearly 51 years later are still perfect because both the Eagles & 49ers lost.
The remaining members of the 1972 Miami Dolphins propose a toast… we’ll tell you why in Sports after the game.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:52 am

I'll just say this one more time, then I'll leave it alone. The Niners should still be unbeaten. Anyone who saw the game could see how the refs handed the game to the Browns. There was an unnecessary roughness call on a hit that was perfectly legitimate on a fourth down play. Erase that terrible call and the game was over, Niners win. Things cascaded from there with a couple calls that were iffy at best. The bottom line is the refs determined the outcome, not the players. The Niners didn't lose, the Browns didn't win.
- Sydney J. Harris

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:35 pm

The 49ers also missed a 41-yard field goal that would have won it. Just sayin'.

My question is, how do we rank the top 5 teams right now?
Miami
Detroit
San Fran
Philly
KC

Right now there's those 5 teams, and then there's everybody else. If I HAD to rank them, I would go:

1a) San Fran
1b) Detroit
1c) Miami
1d) KC
1e) Philly

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:13 pm

One objective way to answer that question would churn out this result:

1) Detroit

2) Philly
3) San Fran

4) KC

5) Miami

The best team that the Dolphins have beaten so far are the .500 Chargers - and even that may end up not sticking after tonight, LOL. (By the way, they're also IN Philly this next week...)

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:35 pm
Miami
Detroit
San Fran
Philly
KC

Right now there's those 5 teams, and then there's everybody else. If I HAD to rank them, I would go:

1a) San Fran
1b) Detroit
1c) Miami
1d) KC
1e) Philly
A point to be made here in both the Philly and Frisco losses is the AFC beat the NFC. If the Lions go into Baltimore and win, then I'd put them in that Top Five.
- Sydney J. Harris

format this

Post by format this » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:19 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:35 pm
Miami
Detroit
San Fran
Philly
KC

1a) San Fran
1b) Detroit
1c) Miami
1d) KC
1e) Philly
A point to be made here in both the Philly and Frisco losses is the AFC beat the NFC. If the Lions go into Baltimore and win, then I'd put them in that Top Five.
That’s true, but the AFC as a whole is stronger than the NFC. With that in mind, I will toss up my suggested ranking:

Niners
Chiefs
Eagles
Dolphins
Lions

I don’t want to overrate DET quite yet… let’s talk after the Ravens’ game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:01 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:54 pm
Hmmm, evidently we missed the memo where suddenly KC (who we beat in the opener) was in the NFC? :lol:

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:14 am

Mike wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:01 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:54 pm
Hmmm, evidently we missed the memo where suddenly KC (who we beat in the opener) was in the NFC? :lol:
Oh, didn't you hear? KC only lost because Kelce was out. :razz
- Sydney J. Harris

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:19 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:38 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:25 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

It's that all I heard all week on national media was Baker this and Baker that. The game was constantly being billed as a duel between resurrected #1 draft picks. He was the featured interview on the NFL Network and ESPN pregame shows. Enough already! :rolleyes
I'm glad he's finding a modicum of success in Tampa Bay, but he's not the second coming.
Also Fox NFL Sunday also had a Baker interview. I was very glad the Lions D held the Bucs to just 6 points. What a block by Reynolds for St. Browns touchdown play of the game and also a close second JAMO touchdown that sealed the game as well. I hope the Lions can beat there single season win steak and can get to 13 wins or more. 1991 was there best season ever at 12-4.

Dan Campbell should be Coach Of The Year in the NFL. Jared Goff will get an extension as well and maybe get MVP but I think it will go to someone else.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic