Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU's long-time head basketball coach resigns

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

MSU's long-time head basketball coach resigns

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:51 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: MSU's long-time head basketball coach resigns

Post by Honeyman » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:18 pm

Too bad...she seemed like a class act and from what I have heard, her health is not good since the accident, and the sole reason she is leaving. Best of luck, Suzy!

Meanwhile, our other long-time basketball coach set a H*** milestone! I didn't write this...wish I did.

25 straight NCAA tournament appearances

Schools scratch and claw every year (except Kansas) to just make the tournament, Izzo just spoils us year in and year out

This streak is not talked about enough and how incredibly damn impressive it truly is. It’s absolutely unreal there’s been no slip up and no injuries or transfer derailed the streak

We play in a power 5 conference where anything can happen and Izzo improves his teams every damn month. The streak is almost as impressive as the final fours.

It’s not talked about enough, but it should be. Acknowledge the greatness of this truly remarkable acknowledgment from Izzo

25 straight from 1 head coach! Unreal and a once in a lifetime coach. All hail Izzo!

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:20 pm

Izzo's 25 year streak is a terrific milestone for a great coach.

But to me, it has the same exact value that Michigan fans used to be all boastful about when talking about their football team's consecutive bowl streak. Not much.

Show me the national championships to be actually impressive.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:20 pm

But to me, it has the same exact value that Michigan fans used to be all boastful about when talking about their football team's consecutive bowl streak. Not much.

I can't believe I'm doing this, and while I generally agree that the 25 straight speaks more to longevity than anything else, I have to admit he's accomplished a lot in his career. He's had a lot of deep runs (and some duds), but his teams have been consistent.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:11 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:20 pm

I can't believe I'm doing this, and while I generally agree that the 25 straight speaks more to longevity than anything else, I have to admit he's accomplished a lot in his career. He's had a lot of deep runs (and some duds), but his teams have been consistent.

Bravo, Matt!

Izzo has had 8 Final Fours in the NCAA Tournament, including the NCAA National Championship in 2000 and a Runner-Up finish in 2009. His teams have won ten Big Ten regular season titles, and six Big Ten tournament championships in his 26 years at MSU. I think that body of work should be considered "impressive".

However, Izzo would probably agree with you Robert. I believe a second national championship drives him, and would help to validate his status in your mind, and more importantly, his.

But it aint gonna be this year. :lol:

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic