Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Super Bowl LVII

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Super Bowl LVII

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:28 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:21 pm
I purposely change the channel before the halftime show begins, especially when the performer is a crappy has-been R&B pop artist.

Great game. I wonder what you all think about that late defensive hold penalty against the Eagles? I'm torn on whether that should've been called (which is what happened) versus a no-call.
It was probably the proper call - it looked like the receiver's progress was significantly impeded.
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:18 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:40 pm
Always wanted to see an unattractive pregnant woman twerk and grab her twatt. Guess I can cross that off my bucket list.
Misogynist.
Self-appointed comedy police.
It has to be funny for it to be comedy. Clearly not.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:05 am

Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Great game. I wonder what you all think about that late defensive hold penalty against the Eagles? I'm torn on whether that should've been called (which is what happened) versus a no-call.
It was probably the proper call - it looked like the receiver's progress was significantly impeded.
I thought it was a bullshit call. :evil: It ruined a great game with a potentially classic ending.

I can't say much for the music at halftime, but the show was undeniably a technical marvel. Major props to the performers on those unsteady platforms a mile high! :shock: :o
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:49 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:05 am
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I thought it was a bullshit call. :evil: It ruined a great game with a potentially classic ending.

I can't say much for the music at halftime, but the show was undeniably a technical marvel. Major props to the performers on those unsteady platforms a mile high! :shock: :o
Had there not been the hold and KC had scored, Philly would have had plenty of time to try and tie it.

Fuck philly - CRY! EAGLES! CRY!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:49 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:05 am
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Had there not been the hold and KC had scored, Philly would have had plenty of time to try and tie it.
Exactly! WHOEVER wins it would've been classic! :hat
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 am

Philly's last play was one of the worst final plays I've ever seen - I completely expected a lateral-palooza.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:22 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 am
Philly's last play was one of the worst final plays I've ever seen - I completely expected a lateral-palooza.
A Three Stooges lateral palooza might've been a more entertaining ending, for sure. :razz
- Sydney J. Harris

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:53 am

Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:17 pm
Sorry, but my comedy stylings are directed at an audience with a tad more cerebral capability.
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:51 pm
Bryce wrote:
Always wanted to see an unattractive pregnant woman twerk and grab her twatt. Guess I can cross that off my bucket list.
:rollin :rollin :rollin
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:24 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:53 am
Sorry, but my comedy stylings are directed at an audience with a tad more cerebral capability.
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Your comment was completely foolish, but it summarized the performance.

But the truth is that the NFL's audience is getting too old. Millennials watch football at a rate of 60% of boomers. Even though audience numbers grow, it's a problem when the age grows with it. Rhianna got many people under 30 excited. I predict the viewership fell off a cliff for the second half, but the advertisers should be happy.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:06 am

The consensus amoungst those where we watched the game (particularly the females) was that the Oompa Loompa show in the middle of the game was a winner for those who could find an open seat on the crapper whilst it was on...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:43 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:24 am

But the truth is that the NFL's audience is getting too old. Millennials watch football at a rate of 60% of boomers. Even though audience numbers grow, it's a problem when the age grows with it. Rhianna got many people under 30 excited. I predict the viewership fell off a cliff for the second half, but the advertisers should be happy.
Of the 30 most watched single-network television broadcasts in the United States 29 of them were Super Bowls . The Mash series finale came in at #9 to prevent a clean sweep.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:34 pm

I agree the viewership is big, but the NFL wants it to keep growing. Advertising is based on viewers.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm

How does the NFL targeting young females help them grown their audience among young males? And btw, I highly doubt that a lone halftime performance is going to grow their audience for each upcoming season.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 am
When they downed the football with :03 or :04 on the game clock, I was expecting a hail mary. No eligible receiver was able to get down field evidently.

You are right that a lateral-palooza should've been plan B.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm
How does the NFL targeting young females help them grown their audience among young males? And btw, I highly doubt that a lone halftime performance is going to grow their audience for each upcoming season.
Go search viewership. My daughter watched the game just to see Rihanna. It seems to have worked to grow viewers.

If you have ever watched Fox News you should be familiar with cheap stunts to get viewers.
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:53 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Since when is trashing women for being pregnant comedy? It was a stupid jab. Not even funny.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t care for Rihanna.

This just took zero effort. A joke about sperm would have actually been more effort and more clever. You just like to show your misogynistic mind for what it is.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic