Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Latest UM football scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Latest UM football scandal

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:50 pm

Michigan co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss has been placed on leave, according to an athletic department spokesman, as the school's police department told ESPN it is investigating a "report of computer access crimes" that occurred in December at the team's football facility.

The University of Michigan Police Department acknowledged in a statement to ESPN on Tuesday night that it is investigating a potential crime at Schembechler Hall. The police released the statement to ESPN when asked specifically about an investigation into Weiss, although the statement doesn't acknowledge anyone by name.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... estigation

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: Latest UM football scandal

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:19 am

Unauthorized email access isn't a scandal. It's a very bad decision by an individual that might cost said individual his employment and nothing more.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:31 am

Everything seems to be simply a "bad decision" at Michigan according to Matt. Starting RB retweeting anti-semetic filth, stud DL driving around while carrying unlicensed, loaded firearms, Level 1 NCAA violations by the head coach.

Police generally don't surround a home with unmarked cars for "bad decisions", but let's see how this plays out or if it get swept under the rug like everything else seems to be in AA.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:37 am

More examples of a culture problem at U of M. Fitting then that the alleged crime took place in the building named for a rape enabler.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:19 am
Unauthorized email access isn't a scandal. It's a very bad decision by an individual that might cost said individual his employment and nothing more.
Honeyman is right, the place has a serious culture problem.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:18 pm

Valenti brilliant today on the latest UM scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCGEId6icqA

And if anyone is going to trash him, please cite one word from this commentary that is untrue.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:18 pm

And if anyone is going to trash him, please cite one word from this commentary that is untrue.
I'm starting to wonder if YOU are Valenti...lol

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:

Why would anyone choose to listen to that fucking idiot?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:49 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Why would anyone choose to listen to that fucking idiot?
There's a lot of times I'll tune into Valenti; I can't stand all the "tread the line" slapdicks.

That being said, for as much complaining Mike does about the so-called "blue wall" and that "all anyone ever talks about is Michigan", the guy scours for any detrimental Michigan story and pounds it. He could spend 3 hours on Harbaugh letting one go during a team meeting.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:38 am

I don't put too much credence in fans of the morally bankrupt athletic program in EL or a bus driver who claims to be a Michigan fan shitting on Michigan.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:00 am

This seems like a culture cultivated by Mark Schlissel. It will take time for his poor example of a leader to shake out of the school.

Is it typical for a third tier staffer to make $1.25 million dollars?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:38 am
I don't put too much credence in fans of the morally bankrupt athletic program in EL or a bus driver who claims to be a Michigan fan shitting on Michigan.
You prove the words of Valenti to a T.

And again, a dig at a man based on what he does for a living? As if your opinion and words hold more merit because you chose accounting as a profession? I find that reprehensible.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:38 am
You prove the words of Valenti to a T.

And again, a dig at a man based on what he does for a living? As if your opinion and words hold more merit because you chose accounting as a profession? I find that reprehensible.
I have 50+peoples lives in my hands... his biggest hazard is a paper cut.

I am a fan but I don't like the "we're the best!" that comes out of the school all the time... then Matt comes along when something happens and pulls an Ali Velshi and says "all is well!" while the thing is burning down behind him.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:40 am

It'll be interesting to see if Greg Roman joins Michigan football in a coaching capacity.

Personally, I am unsure if I want him in Ann Arbor as an O.C. Baltimore stunk this year on that side of the ball (although, I will say Roman's resume overall is certainly respectable). Another offense coaching position? Fine.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:54 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:40 am
It'll be interesting to see if Greg Roman joins Michigan football in a coaching capacity.

Personally, I am unsure if I want him in Ann Arbor as an O.C. Baltimore stunk this year on that side of the ball (although, I will say Roman's resume overall is certainly respectable). Another offense coaching position? Fine.
Brian Griese or Nick Sheridan would be my picks. Let Sherrone be the sole OC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic