Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan football hit with NCAA violations

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Michigan football hit with NCAA violations

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:21 pm

The Appling/Payne gang rape along with the tunnel incident are completely relevant here as you've absolved msu of any crimes in either matter. On the flip side, you've decided that Jim Harbaugh definitely lied to the NCAA despite the fact that he's denied it and there is no proof on the NCAA's side.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:21 pm
The Appling/Payne gang rape along with the tunnel incident are completely relevant here as you've absolved msu of any crimes in either matter. On the flip side, you've decided that Jim Harbaugh definitely lied to the NCAA despite the fact that he's denied it and there is no proof on the NCAA's side.
Why not just let the NCAA announce its closed in a few weeks with no sanctions then?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:20 am
It looks like the level 1 violation is bullshit:
Additionally, it is generally challenging to prove someone knowingly lied without detailed contemporaneous evidence, which sources say the NCAA either lacks or simply doesn't exist.

The NCAA could back off its attempt to gather that admission and resolve the case otherwise, however it has made no indication that it will do that. An NCAA punishment, even a short suspension, on the Level II violations without any admission of lying might be acceptable to Harbaugh. Anything involving admitting dishonesty would not, sources said.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-resolu ... 22831.html
That also says neither party is backing down from their position and a penalty for a level 1 violation is a 6 game suspension and severe recruiting sanctions. So you cherrypicked big time here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:06 pm
Warde shitcanned Matt Weiss today:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 826672007/
Whatever he did had to be really bad for Michigan to fire him. Think of all the incidents that have gone without any discipline at all there for decades. You got fired from Michigan for your conduct? That's like getting kicked out of prison.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:04 pm

The fact multiple cops showed up at his house earlier in the week was a tell tale sign to me that whatever infraction he allegedly committed on campus involving information technology was potentially serious in nature.

I have a feeling this story is nowhere near over.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:45 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:04 pm
The fact multiple cops showed up at his house earlier in the week was a tell tale sign to me that whatever infraction he allegedly committed on campus involving information technology was potentially serious in nature.

I have a feeling this story is nowhere near over.
The number of cops could possibly just mean expediting a search warrant process. 6 cops are 3 times as fast as 2 cops. An hour versus 3 hours.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:21 pm

Since when does a computer crime supposedly committed on campus require a search of one's personal residence? We're all missing a big piece of the puzzle, I suspect.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Since when does a computer crime supposedly committed on campus require a search of one's personal residence? We're all missing a big piece of the puzzle, I suspect.
No idea. I'm just saying a bunch of cops says search warrant, arrest warrant for violent suspect or ...... ?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:12 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:06 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:21 pm
No idea. I'm just saying a bunch of cops says search warrant, arrest warrant for violent suspect or ...... ?
I've definitely heard that there are no federal issues. What I haven't heard is if AAPD was involved or if it was just U-M DPSS. It seems reasonable that U-M DPSS didn't have jurisdiction in the residential area where Weiss lives - it is possible the search consisted of a split of AAPD and U-M DPSS.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:21 pm

As others have said, there seems like a lot more to this story. I also think we haven’t heard the end of this.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 pm

It's worth noting that Weiss' tweet from yesterday strongly suggested that he knew he fucked up.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 pm
It's worth noting that Weiss' tweet from yesterday strongly suggested that he knew he fucked up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya' think?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:12 pm
. What I haven't heard is if AAPD was involved or if it was just U-M DPSS. It seems reasonable that U-M DPSS didn't have jurisdiction in the residential area where Weiss lives - it is possible the search consisted of a split of AAPD and U-M DPSS.
Just an observation but interjurisdictional agreements can and do exist. I am 99% sure one exists between EMU and the City of Ypsilanti.
No idea if UM and AAPD have one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic