Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NCAA semifinal predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: NCAA semifinal predictions

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:25 pm

I just want to say, I liked the design of the trick play on the first series of the game. Loveland totally botched it, though. McCarthy got wide open to receive what should've been a timely pass, and he would've had a wide open path to run into the end zone, too.

I blame Loveland entirely for that play not working. He looked very anxious and held onto the ball for far too long.

McCarthy made some very costly mistakes of his own, of course. So, yes, Michigan definitely stabbed itself in the back multiple times today.

I would rather lose today, though, than suffer a loss in the championship game. Watching Michigan's basketball and hockey teams lose multiple national championship games has been painful. Cripes, going back to the 70s, I think basketball is 1 - 5 in national championship games?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:32 pm

Girls love sleeping with guys from U of M. The guys from Michigan always finish second.

*don't get upset, Matt. I need to make jokes so I don't get too pissed.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:35 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:19 pm
If he comes back…
He's a sophomore.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:40 pm

I don't see him declaring for the NFL draft. I agree he'll be back for his Junior year.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:17 pm
The better team didn't win today, and that's unfortunate. Captain JJ will lead us to the promised land next year.
They are better until they meet a decent team from a conference that can do shootouts. Then we are toast. The horribly slow offense of ours designed for 1960’s college football is not a good thing.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:07 pm

Michigan has had few instances this season where it's had difficulty putting up points. They scored 39 in the second half of today's game, albeit in a losing effort.

Turnovers coupled with an unusually poor defensive performance is primarily what cost Michigan a victory today. A "slow offense" had nothing to do with it. (By slow, I presume you mean overly conservative, unable to score lots of points, etc. I certainly would not describe Michigan's offense that way this year. In recent prior seasons, I would've agreed.)

There were multiple times where Michigan's D showed blitz where Duggan wound up making plays for big gains for TCU. If either of the misfortunes Michigan suffered in the first quarter had turned out differently, Michigan likely would've won today's shootout.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:10 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:07 pm
Michigan has had few instances this season where it's had difficulty putting up points. They scored 39 in the second half of today's game, albeit in a losing effort.

Turnovers coupled with an unusually poor defensive performance is primarily what cost Michigan a victory today. A "slow offense" had nothing to do with it.

There were multiple times where Michigan's D showed blitz where Duggan wound up making plays for big gains for TCU. If either of the misfortunes Michigan suffered in the first quarter had turned out differently, Michigan likely would've won today's shootout.
They really hadn’t played anybody good enough to be in a shootout excepting Ohio State before today… the big 10 isn’t exactly a proving ground of any note…

That offense is not designed to hurry up.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:13 pm

The top teams of the SEC are generally better than the top teams from the Big Ten. I'll certainly grant you that.

Penn State was a pretty darn good team this year, but there was no shootout. The reason? Michigan dominated them.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:15 pm

I do want to give credit where credit is due to TCU. In the first half of today's game in particular, their defensive game plan was outstanding. It was clear their team studied Michigan game tape very closely and put what they learned to good use. Edwards was not nearly the force he had been in recent games.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:16 pm

If OSU wins the fucking natty.......

-TurkeyTop

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:39 pm

TCU quarterback Max Duggan NOT Max Dugan (from the movie "Max Dugan Returns" from March of 1983) which I have not seen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Dugan_Returns

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:39 pm
TCU quarterback Max Duggan NOT Max Dugan (from the movie "Max Dugan Returns" from March of 1983) which I have not seen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Dugan_Returns
Thank you. I was extremely confused over the two.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:13 pm
The top teams of the SEC are generally better than the top teams from the Big Ten. I'll certainly grant you that.

Penn State was a pretty darn good team this year, but there was no shootout. The reason? Michigan dominated them.
But outside of Ohio State... Big 10 teams frequently get their lights kicked out by teams from other "good" conferences. Being a constant second half team finally caught up to Michigan. You can't do that against a good team.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:59 am

The booth got it wrong clearly was a touchdown you can't overturn it in my opinion and also the failed Motor City Special when the Lions did it to the Packers in 2017 season and Jim Caldwell's final game as Lions coach. Those 2 plays swung the game congrats TCU. Now win the Natty VS the Dawgs as I want to see the underdog to win it.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:41 am

Oh, I forgot, Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic