Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten bullshit....racism....Fuck OSU....nothing in the freep...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Graham Wellington

Re: Big Ten bullshit....racism....Fuck OSU....nothing in the freep...

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:24 pm

I'm shocked - a guy who looks like this using racial slurs? Not possible. He's a good kid. Just ask mummy and faaather.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Welcome back, Lucky.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:00 pm

I look at this a bit differently. Now, far be it from me to defend the organization 190 miles south of Ann Arbor, but gee, all's fair in love and hockey.

Getting under an opponents skin is part of the game. Always has and always will. Back in the day when I used to strap em on, I frequently disparaged an opponents heritage as well as describing in great detail all the vile things I did to his mother on my last trip in town. Never once did I get a penalty for it. Are we at the point that certain players are deemed a protected class?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:00 pm
I look at this a bit differently. Now, far be it from me to defend the organization 190 miles south of Ann Arbor, but gee, all's fair in love and hockey.

Getting under an opponents skin is part of the game. Always has and always will. Back in the day when I used to strap em on, I frequently disparaged an opponents heritage as well as describing in great detail all the vile things I did to his mother on my last trip in town. Never once did I get a penalty for it. Are we at the point that certain players are deemed a protected class?
You’re a piece of shit. Never once did I ever think about being racist to psyche out an opponent. What kind of weird shit is that?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 am

Bryce wrote:

You don't think getting under someone's skin is different from dropping an N bomb because of someone's skin?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:24 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 am
Bryce wrote:

You’re a piece of shit. Never once did I ever think about being racist to psyche out an opponent. What kind of weird shit is that?
Hockey is a strange game.. you can beat the hell out of your opponent and slam them into the wall endlessly with little consequence… but you can’t use your stick to do anything.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:13 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 am
You don't think getting under someone's skin is different from dropping an N bomb because of someone's skin?
You know, on further reflection, I've changed my opinion a bit. The thought process I applied was in respect to Jr. hockey, people paid to play, professionally. Considering this is College Sports, and the stated objective of a university and their sports programs, a completely different environment and goal from Jr.s, the incident should be dealt with and consequences well beyond a penalty should be imposed on the player in question.

Wonder if, "Hey Dino? Is it true that Sicilians are living proof Romans used to fuck goats?" Then, call him a Wop bastard. Would that cause an uproar? Even draw a penalty? Even today?
Last edited by Bryce on Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:24 am

Hockey is a strange game.. you can beat the hell out of your opponent and slam them into the wall endlessly with little consequence… but you can’t use your stick to do anything.
Ummm. how exactly do you think the puck gets from point A to point B?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:58 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:24 am

Ummm. how exactly do you think the puck gets from point A to point B?
Magic.

I was talking about hitting them with the stick.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 am

Honestly, I see Bryce's point, maybe because we're of the same generation.

I played high school basketball, was pretty much the last guy off the bench. My school was about 1/3rd Jewish, but when we played certain schools, they called everybody on the team "kykes" (Even John Gardner, the biggest Nazi on the team :lol: ). Probably made me play harder...for the 30 seconds I was on the court.

But times have changed. Whether you want to call it "woke" or what, it simply isn't acceptable to use these slurs in competition any more. I remember when goalies didn't wear masks either. Some changes are for the better.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 am

Finally were shamed into addressing it...

https://twitter.com/Graham_Couch/status ... Xenni63q7Q

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:58 pm

It is true that my teammates made some comments about the starting pitcher wearing a Yamaka once in rec ball. I didn’t think it was right then. It was more of kids being dumb after all the Adam Sandler skits on weekend update than intimidation though, and no racial slur was used. I think it was like “well, that’s a different type of hat”….kind of junk.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:36 pm

I married into a Jewish family. My wife warned me early on that "the only thing a Jewish wife makes for dinner is reservations".

She wasn't lying.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:36 pm
I married into a Jewish family. My wife warned me early on that "the only thing a Jewish wife makes for dinner is reservations".

She wasn't lying.
:lol :lol

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:47 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:36 pm

She wasn't lying.
She must be very attractive. It's been my experience that as the attractive quotient declines the cooking skills increase and vice versa.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic