Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

World Series '22

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: World Series '22

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:19 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:39 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:17 am
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:41 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:33 pm
Who's watching baseball when real sports are happening?
We get it. You hate baseball. Stay out of our thread. Why are you so triggered by it?
Why are you so triggered everytime I say baseball sucks?
Because it contributes nothing to the thread and is minor league trolling. Our game is still this nation’s pastime. And many of us played so it’s important to us.

I don’t rip you for your Bucs posts even though I am not a fan.
He's such a douchebag. I'm not interested in radio in the UP, so I don't go on that board to comment. Not Matt. If he doesn't like something, nobody should.
I played baseball in high school. If I hadn’t had baseball in my life, I doubt I would be here today.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:08 am

The Phillies went from the most HRs in a World Series game to being no hit the next day. No other sports is as unpredictable as baseball. That’s why we watch and play.

I remember my team which was a 13u rec team played an Oak Park team. We walloped them 10-3 the first game. We had played over .500 on the season and even beat a travel team.

We faced them 3 weeks later and were cocky. Unfortunately, several of my teammates made anti Semitic and anti Black comments at the start of the game. About 80% of their team was either Black or Jewish. It fired them up. Their bats woke up in the rematch and they beat us 8-4.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:08 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:19 am
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:39 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:17 am
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:41 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:33 pm
Who's watching baseball when real sports are happening?
We get it. You hate baseball. Stay out of our thread. Why are you so triggered by it?
Why are you so triggered everytime I say baseball sucks?
Because it contributes nothing to the thread and is minor league trolling. Our game is still this nation’s pastime. And many of us played so it’s important to us.

I don’t rip you for your Bucs posts even though I am not a fan.
He's such a douchebag. I'm not interested in radio in the UP, so I don't go on that board to comment. Not Matt. If he doesn't like something, nobody should.
Someone is a little salty...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:36 pm

Back on topic….

I am so happy for Dusty. He was maligned in Chicago with the Cubs, Cincinnati, and San Francisco. They said he was holding teams back, but I think the way he managed the bullpen speaks for itself. And hats off to Jeremy Peña on MVP! First rookie position player to win it. What a night to showcase baseball!

Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:49 pm

CONGRATS Astros on winning the World Series.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:02 am

& the Astros did NOT cheat since the scandal in 2017 when they won their 1st 5 years ago!!!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:07 am

The Yankees and Red Sox were sign stealing and also unfairly monitoring visiting teams back in 2017.. No one talks about them because they are the sacred cow big market teams. It’s amazing how that works. There’s not a team that doesn’t cheat in baseball. Every team steals signs. Why else do catchers walk out to the mound and change them?

As someone with playing experience, most of the pitchers I faced had a fastball and a change up, rarely using a change up. I knew the one kid who threw 70-75 against us in high school only threw fastballs. It didn’t mean we mustered up a single hit against him when he no hit us. You have to account for movement and location. That’s why guys like Ryan Pressly and JV stay in the league. He makes the ball dance. Hitters cannot read the ball as easily if the seams move irregularly.

Audacity sucks.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:49 pm

Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:07 am
The Yankees and Red Sox were sign stealing and also unfairly monitoring visiting teams back in 2017.. No one talks about them because they are the sacred cow big market teams.
The part that cracks me up is that Houston somehow comes across as sort of being a small-market team. When they’re bigger than Boston. Fourth-largest city in the country. But yeah, I know what you are saying. That Boston-NewYork East Coast I-95 thing just overwhelms everything else at times.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:53 pm

thekman wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:49 pm
The Yankees and Red Sox were sign stealing and also unfairly monitoring visiting teams back in 2017.. No one talks about them because they are the sacred cow big market teams.
The part that cracks me up is that Houston somehow comes across as sort of being a small-market team. When they’re bigger than Boston. Fourth-largest city in the country. But yeah, I know what you are saying. That Boston-NewYork East Coast I-95 thing just overwhelms everything else at times.
Yep. East Coast bias…and the Boston Globe has more clout than the Chronicle.

Audacity sucks.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:06 am

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:53 pm
thekman wrote:
Another east coast bias thing that kills me, in a completely different sport, is the New York Knicks. They’ve been absolute garbage for 20 years, haven’t won a championship since Nixon was President, and MSG is a dump. I’ve been there, it’s a complete dump. And yet every Christmas the NBA trots them out as one of the featured games, as if anyone west of the Hudson gives two shits about them. As Norm MacDonald used to say, “Happy Birthday, Jesus, I hope you like crap.”

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:38 pm

thekman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:06 am
thekman wrote:
Another east coast bias thing that kills me, in a completely different sport, is the New York Knicks. They’ve been absolute garbage for 20 years, haven’t won a championship since Nixon was President, and MSG is a dump. I’ve been there, it’s a complete dump. And yet every Christmas the NBA trots them out as one of the featured games, as if anyone west of the Hudson gives two shits about them. As Norm MacDonald used to say, “Happy Birthday, Jesus, I hope you like crap.”
I thought MSG was modernized recently.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:00 pm

Knicks on Christmas Day = Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving Day. Just sayin'.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:28 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:38 pm
thekman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:06 am
thekman wrote:
I thought MSG was modernized recently.
Yes and no.
It was “modernized”, but it’s like a 50-year old mall that threw down some carpet and new light fixtures. It’s better than nothing, but not by much.

There’s a fair amount of speculation that the arena will have to go away. Penn Station is in even worse shape and needs a significant renovation. It’ll be nearly impossible to accomplish that with the arena sitting on top of it.

I doubt it will happen for 10 years, but eventually the political machine will force a move to a newly built arena, probably on west side of Manhattan.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:00 pm
Knicks on Christmas Day = Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving Day. Just sayin'.
Ha!
Touché. I can’t really argue with that.

I guess, for me, the Lions tradition is so old that I really do consider it a Detroit specific tradition. The NBA Christmas Day games is not really supposed to be only one venue. There were some years in the 90’s and 00’s in which they only played one or two games total. Now they have 5 games, with supposedly good teams. But often fail in that regard.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:45 am

If you are going to steal the opponents' signs, do it legally.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic