Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:55 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:49 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:27 pm
Both of you should just post your penis lengths in this thread to save everyone some time.

:rollin
:lol: I swear to God I had a three inch post for Matt earlier and deleted it.
I mean, are we trying to draw in MCRF?
After our conversations behind the scenes, I am disappointed to see that you have joined Bryce and others in making homophobic shit posts…
It was a joke MCRF.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:55 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:49 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:27 pm
Both of you should just post your penis lengths in this thread to save everyone some time.

:rollin
:lol: I swear to God I had a three inch post for Matt earlier and deleted it.
I mean, are we trying to draw in MCRF?
After our conversations behind the scenes, I am disappointed to see that you have joined Bryce and others in making homophobic shit posts…
It was a joke MCRF.
I don’t appreciate being the target of all the queer jokes.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:27 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm

I'm pleased to see the offenders are being criminally charged. Crump, rightfully, is being charged with a felony.

I predict Crump's attorney will petition to attempt to move the case out of Washtenaw County.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:55 pm

I predict the 6 misdemeanors will be quickly plead out / resolved with lesser charges and each will have the opportunity to have their records cleared. Community service that can be served in East Lansing seems fair for college students that got caught up in a moment. With the punishment MSU already put on them, that seems like everyone will have done enough to treat it seriously and not mess those 6 guys up as they move forward.

The felony charge gets a little trickier due to the nature of the violence involved. One hit with that helmet in the wrong spot and this is an entirely different story. Hopefully Crump also gets the opportunity to plead down, to a misdemeanor. I think though that his record sticks with him and his community service has to be longer and a bit more inconvenient.

Hopefully all this gets settled before reaching the trial stage.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:06 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm
I'm pleased to see the offenders are being criminally charged.
I expected better of you, MW. They’re literally charging some of these players with assault for pushing and shoving in the tunnel after a football game.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:06 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm
I'm pleased to see the offenders are being criminally charged.
I expected better of you, MW. They’re literally charging some of these players with assault for pushing and shoving in the tunnel after a football game.
There are additional videos that were not released publicly.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:07 am

Story behind a paywall, but you can get the gist of it here:

You don’t have to be a lawyer to know that, for most of Michigan State’s eight suspended football players, criminal charges weren’t necessary. And yet seven of them have now been charged, six with misdemeanor assault. One, Khary Crump, with felonious assault.

I’m going to to put aside Crump’s situation here. He swung a helmet repeatedly at a Michigan player. He doesn’t deserve to have his life ruined for it, but he’s likely going to pay a steeper price than the others for what went down in the Michigan Stadium tunnel on Oct. 29.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... 669693007/

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:27 pm

As a paid subscriber to the Free Press, I appreciate them including Couch's LSJ column on the Freep web site.

My opinion on his opinion: He has strong points that would have been much stronger if he hadn't brought Harbaugh into it. What should be expected of a coach where one of his players was shown on video that the whole world got to see being hit with a helmet resulting in a concussion and another being shoved to the ground by a group of opposing players?

This is an actual serious question to you Honeyman. Take off your MSU ballcap for a second.

If you were in Harbaugh's shoes, what would your options be in that scenario? How do you not defend your players and demand an investigation? When you see someone swinging a helmet at one of your kids how do you just ignore that / not ask for law enforcement to take a look at it? Especially if your player/his family made that decision? If the roles were reversed, what would your expectations be of an MSU coach?

That's the biggest thing that baffles me in all this - trying to assign blame to Harbaugh that the MSU players are in trouble.

The second biggest thing that baffles me? Attempts to "set aside" what Crump did. That's the biggest factor in this whole debacle. If Crump doesn't swing a helmet, this is probably over on the evening of the game. It's because that happened that the police and prosecutor are involved at all. You can't set it aside.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:52 am

Some MSU fans such as Honeyman continue to try to sugarcoat what happened, or make excuses for what happened, or try to deflect, or whine that the MSU squad is somehow being unfairly targeted.

Honeyman, your self-righteous "I expected better of you" remark made me chuckle. Some of your posts on this thread border on ridiculousness.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:26 am

Fargo, I didn't read Couch's comment to "set aside" Crumps actions the same way you did. I read them as meaning he should be charged with assault, and not lumped together with the others.

BTW, last week, ANOTHER issue with tunnel. 4 times in less than a year. Maybe it needs to be addressed?

Yes, Harbaugh was right to defend the players, but demand that charges be filed was not his place.

But that's what Harbaugh has always done,
is play the victim. After his team choked a 16 point lead to MSU last year, he blamed a bad call in the first half on the refs and made a declaration that the Big Ten apologized, without any substance outside of his words. He blamed the "Trouble with the snap" game on Blake O'Neil, when it was obvious to anyone watching, it was his punt formation that was responsible. The list goes on and on thru his entire career. Jim Schwartz, Pete Carroll, Richard Sherman, Jim Kelly, etc.,

As Jon Vaughn, one of the hundreds of former Michigan players who are still waiting for some justice and retribution, so eloquently said, ""Fuck you, Jim Harbaugh, and fuck everybody that follows you."

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 am

Impressive - hit EVERY little brother talking point.

There has only been one tunnel criminal incident that was committed by Tuck's Transfer Thugs.

Man tits Bielema was mad because Illinois was held back from coming into the field which resulted in the officials adding 2 minutes to halftime. That's not an incident - that is a result of changes made to prevent actions taken by Tuck's Transfer Thugs. Illinois was slow getting off the field at half.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:02 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:52 am
Some MSU fans such as Honeyman continue to try to sugarcoat what happened, or make excuses for what happened, or try to deflect, or whine that the MSU squad is somehow being unfairly targeted.

Honeyman, your self-righteous "I expected better of you" remark made me chuckle. Some of your posts on this thread border on ridiculousness.
Did you call for Juwan Howard to be charged with a misdemeanor when he hit the Wisconsin coach? If not, why? What about the Michigan basketball players who were swinging punches in that mele and connected? Shouldn't they have been charged as well?

I don't think it is Honeyman being self-righteous. Rather, it seems the Michigan fans all outraged over this incident while conveniently forgetting, or sugar coating, their school's own transgressions are the self-righteous ones.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:27 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:26 am
As Jon Vaughn, one of the hundreds of former Michigan players who are still waiting for some justice and retribution, so eloquently said, ""Fuck you, Jim Harbaugh, and fuck everybody that follows you."
Let's not forget, to this day this statue stands proud on the U of M campus:

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:26 am
Fargo, I didn't read Couch's comment to "set aside" Crumps actions the same way you did. I read them as meaning he should be charged with assault, and not lumped together with the others.

BTW, last week, ANOTHER issue with tunnel. 4 times in less than a year. Maybe it needs to be addressed?

Yes, Harbaugh was right to defend the players, but demand that charges be filed was not his place.

But that's what Harbaugh has always done,
is play the victim. After his team choked a 16 point lead to MSU last year, he blamed a bad call in the first half on the refs and made a declaration that the Big Ten apologized, without any substance outside of his words. He blamed the "Trouble with the snap" game on Blake O'Neil, when it was obvious to anyone watching, it was his punt formation that was responsible. The list goes on and on thru his entire career. Jim Schwartz, Pete Carroll, Richard Sherman, Jim Kelly, etc.,

You do realize that every whataboutism just weakens the argument about this specific thing, right? I agree with you that Harbaugh has done and said countless things that elevate him in many eyes to the level of complete jerk / douchebag / dickwad throughout his career. How do any of those other instances apply to this specific situation?

It's actually hilarious for someone to state that it's not a head coach's place to have and state an opinion - which is all that Harbaugh did. His comments at a press conference after the incident have precisely zero to do with the consequences the MSU players are facing. How is he playing victim in this case ... when at least one Michigan player is, you know, the actual alleged victim of actual alleged criminal activity that is captured on video for all to see?

I was wrong. Harbaugh never demanded charges, at least publicly. His quote was that he couldn't image charges not resulting from it. That's it. Yet, still, it's somehow his fault. How dare he not protect the MSU players from themselves!

https://youtu.be/ksZ2NO2Pvrg
https://youtu.be/7zDh6d0U5ao

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic