Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:46 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:26 am
Fargo, I didn't read Couch's comment to "set aside" Crumps actions the same way you did. I read them as meaning he should be charged with assault, and not lumped together with the others.

BTW, last week, ANOTHER issue with tunnel. 4 times in less than a year. Maybe it needs to be addressed?

Yes, Harbaugh was right to defend the players, but demand that charges be filed was not his place.

But that's what Harbaugh has always done,
is play the victim. After his team choked a 16 point lead to MSU last year, he blamed a bad call in the first half on the refs and made a declaration that the Big Ten apologized, without any substance outside of his words. He blamed the "Trouble with the snap" game on Blake O'Neil, when it was obvious to anyone watching, it was his punt formation that was responsible. The list goes on and on thru his entire career. Jim Schwartz, Pete Carroll, Richard Sherman, Jim Kelly, etc.,

As Jon Vaughn, one of the hundreds of former Michigan players who are still waiting for some justice and retribution, so eloquently said, ""Fuck you, Jim Harbaugh, and fuck everybody that follows you."
You do realize that every whataboutism just weakens the argument about this specific thing, right? I agree with you that Harbaugh has done and said countless things that elevate him in many eyes to the level of complete jerk / douchebag / dickwad throughout his career. How do any of those other instances apply to this specific situation?

It's actually hilarious for someone to state that it's not a head coach's place to have and state an opinion - which is all that Harbaugh did. His comments at a press conference after the incident have precisely zero to do with the consequences the MSU players are facing. How is he playing victim in this case ... when at least one Michigan player is, you know, the actual alleged victim of actual alleged criminal activity that is captured on video for all to see?

I was wrong. Harbaugh never demanded charges, at least publicly. His quote was that he couldn't image charges not resulting from it. That's it. Yet, still, it's somehow his fault. How dare he not protect the MSU players from themselves!

https://youtu.be/ksZ2NO2Pvrg
https://youtu.be/7zDh6d0U5ao
You brought up the point that Couchs point was less effective because he brought Harbaugh into the article. I tried to explain why he did. This rivalry never had the tone it did until Harbaugh was coach. It was true when he was at Stanford, and at SF. There is a pattern here.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:53 am

Did you call for Juwan Howard to be charged with a misdemeanor when he hit the Wisconsin coach? If not, why?
A playful light slap on the back of the head is not worthy of criminal charges. Cripes, kids in school or siblings get more physical than that on a daily basis.
What about the Michigan basketball players who were swinging punches in that mele and connected? Shouldn't they have been charged as well?
It depends if they were acting in self-defense or in defense of a teammate who was accosted. If punches are being thrown in instigation, charges are appropriate.

Harbaugh was 100 percent correct in advocating for criminal charges in view of the fact he had individual players physically attacked in mob-like fashion. Crump should face jail time, should have his scholarship revoked, and should be expelled from MSU.

Once he gets out of jail, some third-rate MAC school or a crappy mid-major conference school in Florida will probably be willing to welcome him.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:55 am

Of course he did tell another coach, "I'll fucking kill you!"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/293 ... g-kill-you

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 am

We all know trash talking is every bit as bad as violently battering another human being in the head or neck with a football helmet.

(Juwan was absolutely wrong for saying that and should've been fined by the conference, but we all know the conference is feckless from a disciplinary standpoint.)

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 am

Eli Savit is a soft on crime prosecutor - that isn't a talking point - he CAMPAIGNED and won on that. If anything, the charges should have been worse.

The rivalry went south with Dantonio, but sure, blame it all on Harbaugh and Juwan.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:20 am

The rivalry has always evolved.

U-M liked playing MAC, but not so much when they got good and wanted to join the conference. For a long while, MSU was the dominant football program, especially in the 1950s and early 60s. Then Michigan reasserted itself. Then Dantonio figuratively shoved Michigan's arrogant asses head first into the mud. And yes, now Harbaugh has embraced being part of it.

There's been lots of ugliness on and off the field both ways. Neither side are without warts.

The whole narrative though that it's Harbaugh's fault that MSU players are now charged with assault is beyond ridiculous. Has the MSU program been antagonized by Michigan's? Unquestionably. Has the Michigan program been antagonized by the MSU program? For sure.

You whine about Harbaugh playing victim. Take a cold hard look in your green and white mirror ... blaming another program for the tangible actions of your players is the ultimate in victim playing. "Jimmy's been meeeeaaaaaan to us ... we had to do that! It's hiiiiisssssss fault."

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:53 am
Did you call for Juwan Howard to be charged with a misdemeanor when he hit the Wisconsin coach? If not, why?
A playful light slap on the back of the head is not worthy of criminal charges. Cripes, kids in school or siblings get more physical than that on a daily basis.

That's what you viewed that as? A playful light slap? I invite you to review that again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV2rUPebF2o

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:58 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:58 am
We all know trash talking is every bit as bad as violently battering another human being in the head or neck with a football helmet.

(Juwan was absolutely wrong for saying that and should've been fined by the conference, but we all know the conference is feckless from a disciplinary standpoint.)
You are calling for a football player to be charged with a felony and lose his scholarship for a fight. Meanwhile, a U of M coach does the same (yells "I'll fucking kill you!" to an opposing coach, and hits another) and you are good with business as usual for him.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 am
Eli Savit is a soft on crime prosecutor - that isn't a talking point - he CAMPAIGNED and won on that. If anything, the charges should have been worse.

The rivalry went south with Dantonio, but sure, blame it all on Harbaugh and Juwan.
Carol Siemon in Ingham County is worse. If U of M wants to return the favor next season, they can do so without fear of repercussions.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:12 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am

That's what you viewed that as? A playful light slap? I invite you to review that again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV2rUPebF2o
Welcome back, Lucky.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:20 am
The rivalry has always evolved.

U-M liked playing MAC, but not so much when they got good and wanted to join the conference. For a long while, MSU was the dominant football program, especially in the 1950s and early 60s. Then Michigan reasserted itself. Then Dantonio figuratively shoved Michigan's arrogant asses head first into the mud. And yes, now Harbaugh has embraced being part of it.

There's been lots of ugliness on and off the field both ways. Neither side are without warts.

The whole narrative though that it's Harbaugh's fault that MSU players are now charged with assault is beyond ridiculous. Has the MSU program been antagonized by Michigan's? Unquestionably. Has the Michigan program been antagonized by the MSU program? For sure.

You whine about Harbaugh playing victim. Take a cold hard look in your green and white mirror ... blaming another program for the tangible actions of your players is the ultimate in victim playing. "Jimmy's been meeeeaaaaaan to us ... we had to do that! It's hiiiiisssssss fault."
I am not blaming Michigan for the incident. But its not enough for you to see that 8 kids have been suspended multiple games and MSU looks like shit publicly. Let's press assault charges! Put the kids in jail...they shoved a Wolvie after a football game. And if you think these guys just jumped some innocent Wolverine unprovoked, you are beyond ignorant. I am sure the player who was skipping into the tunnel said, "Good game guys, see you next year in EL!". Plenty of other players were all at midfield talking shit too. Go celebrate with your team and fans, you hadnt beaten us in over 3 years. Go sing that fucked song. Maybe bow in the direction of the rape enablers statue as a Muslim would do to Mecca.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:02 pm

Carol Siemon in Ingham County is worse. If U of M wants to return the favor next season, they can do so without fear of repercussions.

Welcome back, Leo.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:58 am

You are calling for a football player to be charged with a felony and lose his scholarship for a fight. Meanwhile, a U of M coach does the same (yells "I'll fucking kill you!" to an opposing coach, and hits another) and you are good with business as usual for him.
Welcome back, Lucky.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:23 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

Welcome back, Lucky.
We heard you the first time.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:26 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:23 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

Welcome back, Lucky.
We heard you the first time.
This is the same Lucky who always referred to you as Honey boo boo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic