Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Robert Faygo

Re: MSU President apologizes for spartan thug criminal assaults

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Did either of you actually bother to read the Bacon blog piece?

To me, it reads as criticism of the B1G office and their lack of any action to close this stupidity out more than anything else.
It’s not clear what the Big Ten is doing with this information, if anything. Obviously, these and other eye-witness accounts should be including in the report. Likewise, if the investigators found Michigan players had taunted the Spartans, and if they engaged in any physical altercations, that should be included too. In other words, the investigators should do an honest job of pursuing the truth wherever it leads, without fear or favor – but they should do it sooner than later.

Dragging this out is not just dumb public relations, turning a one-week story into a two week-story and beyond for no good reason I can see. More importantly it’s unfair to everyone involved: the witnesses who’ve had the courage to come forward, the victims, and the suspended players who are still waiting to hear how long their suspensions are going to be – something that should have been decided long ago.
The letters from the sideline workers he received and quoted? That's just anecdotal info that Bacon uses as evidence to support his position that the B1G office has unnecessarily been dragging its feet.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:27 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:13 pm
Did either of you actually bother to read the Bacon blog piece?

To me, it reads as criticism of the B1G office and their lack of any action to close this stupidity out more than anything else.
It’s not clear what the Big Ten is doing with this information, if anything. Obviously, these and other eye-witness accounts should be including in the report. Likewise, if the investigators found Michigan players had taunted the Spartans, and if they engaged in any physical altercations, that should be included too. In other words, the investigators should do an honest job of pursuing the truth wherever it leads, without fear or favor – but they should do it sooner than later.

Dragging this out is not just dumb public relations, turning a one-week story into a two week-story and beyond for no good reason I can see. More importantly it’s unfair to everyone involved: the witnesses who’ve had the courage to come forward, the victims, and the suspended players who are still waiting to hear how long their suspensions are going to be – something that should have been decided long ago.
The letters from the sideline workers he received and quoted? That's just anecdotal info that Bacon uses as evidence to support his position that the B1G office has unnecessarily been dragging its feet.
I did read it. I also saw MeLLLLL yelling "FUCK YOU" at refs twice during the game with no repercussions. JUB clearly stated that he didn't want to revisit this, but where there is smoke, there is fire. We very likely will be seeing criminal charges for msu players soon, and part of the problem is the program culture in el.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:38 pm

If the refs can handle being f-bombed, I think the fans should be able to deal with it too. I mean really ... unless you have to work with these sometimes overbearing personalities, why would you care?

If Tucker is not the right fit for MSU, it will (eventually) be taken care of. Just like it was for Rodriguez at Michigan whose staff were the absolute kings of foul / inappropriate language.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:48 pm

But it's perfectly permissible for a Michigan basketball coach to yell, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" to an opposing head coach.....before he slugs an assistant.

And that's not "thug behavior"

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:48 pm
But it's perfectly permissible for a Michigan basketball coach to yell, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" to an opposing head coach.....before he slugs an assistant.

Juwan and Greg Gard have reconciled. Juwan let his emotions get the best of him, but he had a price to pay. What happened in that game has very little to do with your lawless football program.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:59 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Juwan and Greg Gard have reconciled. Juwan let his emotions get the best of him, but he had a price to pay. What happened in that game has very little to do with your lawless football program.
So if it's a Michigan guy, he "let's his emotions get the best of him", and if it's an MSU guy, it's "lawless".

You should really say these things out loud before you post them and make a complete fool of yourself.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

So if it's a Michigan guy, he "let's his emotions get the best of him", and if it's an MSU guy, it's "lawless".

You should really say these things out loud before you post them and make a complete fool of yourself.
It goes back years with your program, from Dantonio mocking a college kids height, to playing Glenn Winston after he was released from jail, to letting Will Gholston try to break Denard's neck, etc. The culture there is poison and has been for a decade and a half.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

It goes back years with your program, from Dantonio mocking a college kids height, to playing Glenn Winston after he was released from jail, to letting Will Gholston try to break Denard's neck, etc. The culture there is poison and has been for a decade and a half.
Brendan Gibbons ring a bell?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... n/5810011/

Taylor Lewan?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

How about this "thug"?: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/co ... walker-iii

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:27 pm

Both of you should just post your penis lengths in this thread to save everyone some time.

:rollin

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:27 pm
Both of you should just post your penis lengths in this thread to save everyone some time.

:lol: I swear to God I had a three inch post for Matt earlier and deleted it.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:32 pm

LMAO - love it!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:

I mean, are we trying to draw in MCRF?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:10 am

I'm surprised that Big 10 hasn't come down with punishment yet on the MSU players or other findings in the tunnel.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:01 am

MasterB wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:10 am
I'm surprised that Big 10 hasn't come down with punishment yet on the MSU players or other findings in the tunnel.
They're waiting on Washtenaw County.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:49 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:

I mean, are we trying to draw in MCRF?
After our conversations behind the scenes, I am disappointed to see that you have joined Bryce and others in making homophobic shit posts…

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic