Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

U-M vs. MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: U-M vs. MSU

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:18 am

From my understanding, most of the spartan thug criminals are transfers from other schools where they had behavioral issues.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:31 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:15 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:07 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:55 pm
I had been highly critical of the Michigan program when their scandal came out.

Now is not the time to start blaming a tunnel for the violence and mob like behavior that was shown last night. It was disgusting and mad me sick. Totally classless as were several of the penalties.
My point is that apparently the players are having some technical difficulties handling themselves in said tunnel. The clip of Michigan running at Ohio State with just a wall of officials in between didn’t exactly look great… so what I’m saying is there has to be better way to do it if screwball stuff is going to start happening down there. It doesn’t really matter which team starts it. Or whether it happened or didn’t in 90 years.
It also happened in games that Michigan won by an average of 20+ points.
True, but irrelevant. Maybe have the visitors go in first and make sure they are cleared into their locker room before Michigan runs in.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 am

I do suspect there will be procedural changes and tighter security moving forward.

Having one state police trooper stand there is evidently not sufficient. That guy was pretty useless.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 am
I do suspect there will be procedural changes and tighter security moving forward.

Having one state police trooper stand there is evidently not sufficient. That guy was pretty useless.
It makes sense to look at procedures for sure, but as the 11 warriors article points out, the Penn State and Ohio State issues happened at half time. The spartan thugs assaulted Michigan players after they got their ass kicked. I've always been of the opinion that this game should NEVER be a night game, for a multitude of reasons.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 am

We're hoping that Brad Robbins is enjoying his extended vacation. We discuss the tunnel incident. This was an assault and should be called such, doesn't matter which beat is discussing it. Even the Michigan vs Ohio State rivalry doesn't have stuff this bad happening. There have not been "three incidents" in the tunnel, the Ohio State one was just hooting and hollering. Penn State was hooting and hollering plus an airborne Uncrustable. Maybe Michigan should just double down on the hooting and hollering, it's not actually doing anything wrong. The post-game stuff on the field was just a fracas which is a rivalry thing that happens. Michigan State players now have a history of trying to intentionally injure Michigan players (going back to trying to twist Denard Robinson's neck), something we don't even see with Ohio State. McBurrows running into the tunnel is irrelevent to what those Michigan State players did to him. Maybe an honest punishment would be making the game be at Michigan Stadium next season?
https://mgoblog.com/content/mgopodcast-149-oh-guy

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:25 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 am
We're hoping that Brad Robbins is enjoying his extended vacation. We discuss the tunnel incident. This was an assault and should be called such, doesn't matter which beat is discussing it. Even the Michigan vs Ohio State rivalry doesn't have stuff this bad happening. There have not been "three incidents" in the tunnel, the Ohio State one was just hooting and hollering. Penn State was hooting and hollering plus an airborne Uncrustable. Maybe Michigan should just double down on the hooting and hollering, it's not actually doing anything wrong. The post-game stuff on the field was just a fracas which is a rivalry thing that happens. Michigan State players now have a history of trying to intentionally injure Michigan players (going back to trying to twist Denard Robinson's neck), something we don't even see with Ohio State. McBurrows running into the tunnel is irrelevent to what those Michigan State players did to him. Maybe an honest punishment would be making the game be at Michigan Stadium next season?
The hooting and hollering is bush league.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:32 am

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Now is not the time to start blaming a tunnel for the violence and mob like behavior that was shown last night. It was disgusting and mad me sick. Totally classless as were several of the penalties.
My point is that apparently the players are having some technical difficulties handling themselves in said tunnel. The clip of Michigan running at Ohio State with just a wall of officials in between didn’t exactly look great… so what I’m saying is there has to be better way to do it if screwball stuff is going to start happening down there. It doesn’t really matter which team starts it. Or whether it happened or didn’t in 90 years.
Honestly, the defenses for shit behavior by Sparty is appalling. NO WAY in hell I would condone such actions if Michigan started fighting with State in East Landfill.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 am

Nothing wrong with smack talk as long as it's not meant to be malicious.

I'm glad Mel Tucker and President Stanley are taking their players' conduct seriously. So far, I have no complaints regarding their response.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:45 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 am

I'm glad Mel Tucker and President Stanley are taking their players' conduct seriously. So far, I have no complaints regarding their response.
The concern is going to be the MSU Board reaction - they pushed Stanley to resign because he wasn't a yes man.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:45 am

Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:32 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Honestly, the defenses for shit behavior by Sparty is appalling. NO WAY in hell I would condone such actions if Michigan started fighting with State in East Landfill.
💯

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 am

Yep. Too bad the fans on both sides, including some alumni, aren't following their lead.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:59 am

The concern is going to be the MSU Board reaction - they pushed Stanley to resign because he wasn't a yes man.
You speak as if the Board is unified on that question, which is not at all the case.

I also doubt they have the appetite or even the ability to overturn any sanctions issued against the offending MSU players.

My guess is they'll stay out of the way.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:41 pm
Well, it is if the Chik-Fil-A bowl is good enough for you 😆
Well, since the Peach Bowl is a semifinal this year ... that should be good enough for any FBS team hoping to win a national championship this season. :lol

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:26 pm

I was listening to 97.1 this morning for a little longer than usual. The hosts were talking about what a terrible thing this was, but deep inside, they know this is a Gift from Heaven for sports talk radio. Is November also a sweeps month for radio like it is for television?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 am
.........Maybe an honest punishment would be making the game be at Michigan Stadium next season?
:lol: Sure, you already play all three non-conference games at home, why not? Better yet, give Michigan 5 downs, and MSU can only play 9 players.

So I can't post an opinion from Spartanmag according to Matt, but he gets to post ridiculous ideas from this idiot.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic