Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

U-M vs. MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: U-M vs. MSU

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:59 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm
Attempted transference of blame is not a good look. The MSU players f'd up and it wasn't because of poor facility design or because of all the BS (within the bounds of mostly normal stupid gamesmanship) that always happens in and around these games.

If she wasn't dressed like that, she wouldn't have been raped. She shares some of the blame... right Honeyman?
You're missing my point. I'm not saying the Spartans in question should not be suspended or dismissed from the team following an appropriate investigation. They are to blame. But there are reasons that precipitated this.

Do you consider trying a double reverse flea flicker, up by 22, with 2 minutes left, normal gamesmanship? I think its bullshit, classless football. The reactions after the game were bush league as well. Win with class like you've been there before. You think Georgia, Alabama, etc., does that shit? Nope, but Harbaugh teams do.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:08 pm
As far as why in wasn't an issue for 9 decades....reread the article I posted.
You posted bullshit opinion from a fucking hack, not an article that attempts to blame Michigan players getting assaulted on our head coach. I'm embarrassed for you with this ridiculous defense of criminals.
Sorry you have a differing opinion.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:59 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:32 pm
Attempted transference of blame is not a good look. The MSU players f'd up and it wasn't because of poor facility design or because of all the BS (within the bounds of mostly normal stupid gamesmanship) that always happens in and around these games.

If she wasn't dressed like that, she wouldn't have been raped. She shares some of the blame... right Honeyman?
You're missing my point. I'm not saying the Spartans in question should not be suspended or dismissed from the team following an appropriate investigation. They are to blame. But there are reasons that precipitated this.

Do you consider trying a double reverse flea flicker, up by 22, with 2 minutes left, normal gamesmanship? I think its bullshit, classless football. The reactions after the game were bush league as well. Win with class like you've been there before. You think Georgia, Alabama, etc., does that shit? Nope, but Harbaugh teams do.
A trick play did not lead to criminal thugs committing assault. Stop it.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:59 pm

There are no reasons for using stuff that happens on the field to result in what happened off the field. Ever. That is total weaksuace excuse making. Same goes for stupidity on social media.

I agree 100% that the double reverse pass was a bush league play call. I don't think Corum should have been running the ball with less than 5 minutes to go either. That crap should be used as motivation for the 2023 game (and I have no doubt that it will). Beat the hell out of Michigan on the field. Anyone can have the opinion that Harbaugh is an insufferable douchebag, he gives plenty of ammunition for those opinions to exist. None of that is an excuse or something that precipitated what is on those videos.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:46 pm

There were about 3:00 left when that double reverse flea flicker was attempted. I really didn't have much of an issue with the play design given how much time was still left. Michigan can and should experiment with high risk, high reward plays when the opportunity presents itself.

If Michigan could've taken knees or simple snaps with handoffs to run out all or nearly all of the game clock, I would feel much differently.

If Michigan had turned over the ball on, say, a simple play design leading to a quick MSU TD, I think MSU would've been well within its rights to do an onside kick on the ensuing kickoff with a couple minutes still to play.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:34 pm

I hate to editorialize, but this is just what the world is now. We are an unbalanced, unhinged, angry, violent people. You hear stories of people beating each other's asses on planes, at the grocery store, in traffic, and we have now heard of two incidents in the last 3 weeks or so in college football. People always running their mouths, going after others, and it's ridiculous. I'll bet you I could go out and say hi to someone and wind up getting punched. Jesus tap dancing Christ. Time to cool off.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:28 pm

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:45 pm

The fact that they literally walk in back to back with a row of officials in the middle is asinine. Michigan stadium is a nice place but the one tunnel design is a POS. If it’s the third time in 7 games then the only constant in that equation is… Michigan. It sure looks like the Michigan players have a role in the bullshit in the tunnel from the video clips in the link. Not so much the MSU one… but certainly the Penn State and Ohio State examples.

Why the Michigan player went skipping into the tunnel through the state players is a good question.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:55 pm

I had been highly critical of the Michigan program when their scandal came out.

Now is not the time to start blaming a tunnel for the violence and mob like behavior that was shown last night. It was disgusting and mad me sick. Totally classless as were several of the penalties.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:12 am

Over 90 years of a 1 exit tunnel and all of a sudden, Houston we have a problem! Going to the locker room does not mean standing outside in the hall as the phys ed teacher would point out. I say give these guys a piss test for steroids.
The 'down the street' tough guy stuff is a bad look and a bad reflection on the people paying for their education.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:13 am

Over 90 years of a 1 exit tunnel and all of a sudden, Houston we have a problem! Going to the locker room does not mean standing outside in the hall as the phys ed teacher would point out. I say give these guys a piss test for steroids.
The 'down the street' tough guy stuff is a bad look and a bad reflection on the people paying for their education.

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:10 am

tapeisrolling wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:12 am
90 years with 1 tunnel wasn’t a problem until we raised a generation of snowflakes that are unable to handle when the tension of life over-stresses their inability to cope.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:29 am

Troll.

Here's a line from your ohio state article:
Michigan president Warde Manuel further stated that “what happened after the game is completely unacceptable.
Facts don't matter when you're trying to shit on Michigan, apparently.

Another thing, the fan that touched MeLLLLL Tucker's head was identified and has been banned from Michigan athletic events. That situation had NOTHING to do with spartan thugs committing criminal activity. #ChargesComin'

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:07 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:55 pm

Now is not the time to start blaming a tunnel for the violence and mob like behavior that was shown last night. It was disgusting and mad me sick. Totally classless as were several of the penalties.
My point is that apparently the players are having some technical difficulties handling themselves in said tunnel. The clip of Michigan running at Ohio State with just a wall of officials in between didn’t exactly look great… so what I’m saying is there has to be better way to do it if screwball stuff is going to start happening down there. It doesn’t really matter which team starts it. Or whether it happened or didn’t in 90 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:15 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:07 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:55 pm

My point is that apparently the players are having some technical difficulties handling themselves in said tunnel. The clip of Michigan running at Ohio State with just a wall of officials in between didn’t exactly look great… so what I’m saying is there has to be better way to do it if screwball stuff is going to start happening down there. It doesn’t really matter which team starts it. Or whether it happened or didn’t in 90 years.
It also happened in games that Michigan won by an average of 20+ points.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic