Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

U-M vs. MSU

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: U-M vs. MSU

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:33 am
Nothing wrong with smack talk as long as it's not meant to be malicious.

I'm glad Mel Tucker and President Stanley are taking their players' conduct seriously. So far, I have no complaints regarding their response.
Tucker hasn't reached out to Harbaugh. Harbaugh said there are additional videos showing very clearly what happened, including the ABC tunnel cam, and those are with authorities.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 am
.........Maybe an honest punishment would be making the game be at Michigan Stadium next season?
https://mgoblog.com/content/mgopodcast-149-oh-guy
:lol: Sure, you already play all three non-conference games at home, why not? Better yet, give Michigan 5 downs, and MSU can only play 9 players.

So I can't post an opinion from Spartanmag according to Matt, but he gets to post ridiculous ideas from this idiot.
The drivel you posted was assigning blame for criminal acts to our head coach. MSU has had a culture problem since the moment your former coach responded to a college KID and called him short. At some point, there needs to be a penalty for the program.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:46 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
.........Maybe an honest punishment would be making the game be at Michigan Stadium next season?
:lol: Sure, you already play all three non-conference games at home, why not? Better yet, give Michigan 5 downs, and MSU can only play 9 players.

So I can't post an opinion from Spartanmag according to Matt, but he gets to post ridiculous ideas from this idiot.
The drivel you posted was assigning blame for criminal acts to our head coach. MSU has had a culture problem since the moment your former coach responded to a college KID and called him short. At some point, there needs to be a penalty for the program.

Go lay some flowers on the foot of the statue of the rape enabler who your football programs building is named for.

MSU has taken responsibility for assaulting 2 Michigan football players. Bo was responsible for hundreds.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Go lay some flowers on the foot of the statue of the rape enabler who your football programs building is named for.

MSU has taken responsibility for assaulting 2 Michigan football players. Bo was responsible for hundreds.
All you do is deflect, so this is nothing new.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:29 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

All you do is deflect, so this is nothing new.
How did I deflect? Your comment ahead of mine talks about a Spartan former coach. I am talking about one of yours.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:40 pm

Here's the longer tunnel video: https://twitter.com/bradgalli/status/15 ... 9973388290.

Very tough to see but it looks to me like Green throws the first punch before he is hit with helmet.

The only thing that appears certain is the ridiculousness of the tunnel situation. Why is Green there? Again, ZERO excuse to hit a man with a helmet, but it sure seems this could have been avoided, especially after what Franklin said 2 weeks prior.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:40 pm
Here's the longer tunnel video: https://twitter.com/bradgalli/status/15 ... 9973388290.

Very tough to see but it looks to me like Green throws the first punch before he is hit with helmet.

The only thing that appears certain is the ridiculousness of the tunnel situation. Why is Green there? Again, ZERO excuse to hit a man with a helmet, but it sure seems this could have been avoided, especially after what Franklin said 2 weeks prior.
Wrong again: https://twitter.com/isaiahhole/status/1 ... q84oYsAAAA
One of my eyewitnesses was in the newly released tunnel video (and has a clear view). It flows exactly as described from what I can tell.

You can see Green walking up, his arms go up at the same time as you see an MSU player's arm raised. Green is falling backwards (1/2)
Gemon Green is in the concussion protocol, but we still have people trying to blame the victims. Pathetic.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:57 pm
Honeyman wrote:

One of my eyewitnesses was in the newly released tunnel video (and has a clear view). It flows exactly as described from what I can tell.

You can see Green walking up, his arms go up at the same time as you see an MSU player's arm raised. Green is falling backwards (1/2)
Gemon Green is in the concussion protocol, but we still have people trying to blame the victims. Pathetic.
I see....an "eyewitness" of some UM suckup on twitter saw it, so we are supposed to take that as gospel. :lol:

I really posted this for the reactions of MW, Faygo, and others that have capability for objectivity.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:57 pm
Honeyman wrote:

I see....an "eyewitness" of some UM suckup on twitter saw it, so we are supposed to take that as gospel. :lol:

I really posted this for the reactions of MW, Faygo, and others that have capability for objectivity.
:lol :lol :lol

Are you suggesting that you are objective?

You are grasping at straws and it is fucking pathetic.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:29 pm

Why is Green there? I'm not sure if you're serious about this or not.

Some background. I'm a used-to-be photographer for print media. I've been on the field numerous times at both Michigan Stadium and Spartan Stadium. Both have single tunnels. The "security" for both is about the same ... they care 1000x more about pregame and halftime as far as keeping the teams apart. Some games it's managed better than others at both places.

Postgame is a completely different thing. Once the game officials leave the field, the tunnels are open for players of both teams to get to their locker rooms simultaneously. Depending on how the game goes, I've seen just about every scenario play out - but most often it's the bulk of the losing team that's in a hurry to get out, home or away. The winning team typically sticks around to celebrate a bit.

There are always exceptions. Brothers, high school teammates, family friends, TV/radio interviews, they might stick around. Blah blah blah, you get it. There are also always players that hit the locker room first, win or lose. They don't have to stick around, and they don't.

The point being, it's ALWAYS a mix of players headed in through those single tunnels. The game hubris is set aside postgame ... it's just a hallway to get showered and change. The emotion isn't totally drained of course. Tough games = tough language and frustration on display. There is a certain code of respect for each other that has always been obeyed, as far as I've witnessed, in postgame tunnels.

So, what was Green even doing in the tunnel? Going to the locker room like I've personally witnessed countless times. Postgame, that's always been a safe place, even if you're walking in when it's a majority of players from the opposition.

To that video. I made it as big as possible on my screen and I just can't tell from that how it started. What happened before we see those players come in to view? We really need to see the entire sequence before deciding who got physical first. Because of the slope of the tunnel, that video is woefully incomplete as to that point.
Last edited by Robert Faygo on Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:32 pm

I don't condone the actions of the MSU players, whether instigated (most likely) by asshole U of M players or not. I do find it amusing the outrage from the Michigan crowd considering they employ a basketball coach who hit an opposing coach and has anger issues.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:34 pm

Honeyman, the only relevant thing I see in the video you posted from Brad Galli is an MSU player taking his helmet and using it to attack another person. I cannot even see Green. I thought I saw a raised arm that might belong to him, but upon rewatching, it's clear to me that arm actually belonged to the helmet wielding MSU player.

As for Juwan Howard, I condemned his conduct at the time, was embarrassed by it, and called for harsh repercussions. A single slap to the back of the head is far different than using a blunt object to attack someone violently and perhaps to purposefully cause injury.

Here's what I said regarding Juwan Howard's incident:

https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 31#p693031

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:39 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:29 pm
Why is Green there? I'm not sure if you're serious about this or not.

Some background. I'm a used-to-be photographer for print media. I've been on the field numerous times at both Michigan Stadium and Spartan Stadium. Both have single tunnels. The "security" for both is about the same ... they care 1000x more about pregame and halftime as far as keeping the teams apart. Some games it's managed better than others at both places.

Postgame is a completely different thing. Once the game officials leave the field, the tunnels are open for players of both teams to get to their locker rooms simultaneously. Depending on how the game goes, I've seen just about every scenario play out - but most often it's the bulk of the losing team that's in a hurry to get out, home or away. The winning team typically sticks around to celebrate a bit.

There are always exceptions. Brothers, high school teammates, family friends, TV/radio interviews, they might stick around. Blah blah blah, you get it. There are also always players that hit the locker room first, win or lose. They don't have to stick around, and they don't.

The point being, it's ALWAYS a mix of players headed in through those single tunnels. The game hubris is set aside postgame ... it's just a hallway to get showered and change. The emotion isn't totally drained of course. Tough games = tough language and frustration on display. There is a certain code of respect for each other that has always been obeyed, as far as I've witnessed, in postgame tunnels.

So, what was Green even doing in the tunnel? Going to the locker room like I've personally witnessed countless times. Postgame, that's always been a safe place, even if you're walking in when it's a majority of players from the opposition.

To that video. I made it as big as possible on my screen and I just can't tell from that how it started. What happened before we see those players come in to view? We really need to see the entire sequence before deciding who got physical first. Because of the slope of the tunnel, that video is woefully incomplete as to that point.
Thanks for the input, RF. You probably have more insight than anyone here.

Yes, I was serious asking why Green was there. I didn't know why Green was in the middle of all the Spartans. It was my understanding that there is a few minutes buffer between the teams going into the tunnel just to avoid a situation like this. After Franklin's comments, I thought security was to be increased.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:49 pm

They did - but for halftime, which is when the shouting matches between Ohio St and Michigan and Penn St and Michigan took place.

Going back to the 1970s, pregame and halftime have been the issues. In recent years, Michigan has amped up the halftime anxiety by being as loud as they can entering at the half, especially in high emotion games, clearly hoping to get their opponents to lose focus. It worked against OSU and PSU. You'd never hear the opposing coaches talk about this ... "Please make Michigan be quiet".

This postgame situation, although totally foreseeable, is new.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:34 pm
Honeyman, the only relevant thing I see in the video you posted from Brad Galli is an MSU player taking his helmet and using it to attack another person. I cannot even see Green. I thought I saw a raised arm that might belong to him, but upon rewatching, it's clear to me that arm actually belonged to the helmet wielding MSU player.

As for Juwan Howard, I condemned his conduct at the time, was embarrassed by it, and called for harsh repercussions. A single slap to the back of the head is far different than using a blunt object to attack someone violently and perhaps to purposefully cause injury.
If you look behind the left shoulder of 77, Green is the man against the wall. It looks to me (and I've seen a blown up gif that I will try to figure how to share) that he throws a punch first. I agree it isn't clear, and also agree with your feelings on Crump. There is no excuse.

Even after Faygos explanation, it still dumbfounds me why Green would be there at that time.
Last edited by Honeyman on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic