Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RIP Major League Baseball (new stupid rules for next year)

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
moldyoldie

Re: RIP Major League Baseball (new stupid rules for next year)

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:08 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:58 am
With what's left, I'm rooting for the Astros to win. It would give Dusty Baker a World Series win, and help the Astros show that they can win without cheating. The cheating scandal unfortunately took the edge of what has turned out to be a great organization, which lost both its manager and general manager, and still kept winning.
Same here, mostly for Verlander, but the nostalgic shine has somewhat diminished on that apple. :blink He came through admirably in his last outing.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:08 am
Bobbert wrote:
With what's left, I'm rooting for the Astros to win. It would give Dusty Baker a World Series win, and help the Astros show that they can win without cheating. The cheating scandal unfortunately took the edge of what has turned out to be a great organization, which lost both its manager and general manager, and still kept winning.
Same here, mostly for Verlander, but the nostalgic shine has somewhat diminished on that apple. :blink He came through admirably in his last outing.
Screw the cheating Astros! They've even got me rooting for the Evil Empire. They got lucky that there were not fans in the stands to boo them mercilessly the year after it all came out. I will never root for that organization in my life.

The censorship king from out of state.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Screw the cheating Astros! They've even got me rooting for the Evil Empire. They got lucky that there were not fans in the stands to boo them mercilessly the year after it all came out. I will never root for that organization in my life.
While it wasn't quite on the same level of the Black Sox scandal, I still hear ya.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:13 pm

I don't think athletes warrant such a salary. I just don't. I'm not really sure any profession is worth that kind of money.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:39 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Bobbert wrote:
Everybody poops, everybody cheats. The Yankees actually were just as bad as the Astros for longer. They just didn’t get caught until after everyone had crucified the Astros. Fuck the Stankees.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:12 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:39 am
Fuck the Stankees.
Hear! Hear! :lol:

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:19 pm

I'm happy for Dusty Baker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic