Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:26 am

The Big Ten West continues to be a joke. Northwestern was JUST eliminated from contention YESTERDAY!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:11 pm

Blake Corum suffered an apparent injury early in today's game. Not good!!! Michigan's lack of a pass game is being exposed. Edwards wasn't available today due to injury.

U-M has zero chance against OSU if neither of those guys are available next Saturday.

Really crappy play calling on that final set of downs for Michigan. They took stupid risks after already being within FG range. Thankfully, no turnovers and no sacks on that series, and Moody did what he needed to do for the W.

TCU won in similar fashion against Baylor today, except their game winning field goal occurred as time expired.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:47 pm

What's really rich is Bret Bielema bitching about the officiating in Ann Arbor when his team was the beneficiary of a neutral zone infraction no-call today on a 4th down play for the Wolverines. He also was granted a questionable timeout with :01 remaining on the game clock. I wonder if he's changed his opinion in view of the above.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:22 pm

The officiating wasn't great, but I don't think it changed the outcome of the game. I think Bielema let that get into his head. The completed pass review at the end is a head scratcher - not sure how that was a completed pass watching the replay. However, whether it was or not, Michigan's kicker makes the field goal either way. Michigan had better use this game as a wake up call if they expect to stand a chance next week.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:23 pm

And as far as Michigan State goes, "shit the bed" comes to mind. What a choke job.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:35 pm

I couldn't tell from the video replays of that late pass completion if the ball moved because the receiver failed to maintain control or if it simply moved because he moved his hand. The video was blurry. Totally agree that the FG likely would've been good either way. The kick cleared the cross bar by a country mile and was almost perfectly centered.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:39 pm

If Corum AND Edwards are healthy next week, Michigan will be in good shape.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:39 pm
If they play the way they have since Rutgers they are toast. We’ve looked like dog shit for several weeks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:31 pm
Matt wrote:
If they play the way they have since Rutgers they are toast. We’ve looked like dog shit for several weeks.
Did you see the ohio state game?

format this

Big Ten talk

Post by format this » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:16 pm

M-Dubs is correct. No Corum or Edwards, no W for UofM.

tOSU exposed themselves in the weather at Northwestern. Get Stroud’s arm out of the game and Michigan has a legitimate shot. The forecast 6 days out shows a 50/50 shot of a rain-snow mix in Columbus, with max temps around 47. So there’s 50% hope.

Oh, and current odds are Michigan +7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:18 pm

I missed most of the Michigan game today due to an important condo meeting, but OSU looked like dog shit against the Terps.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:11 am

First of all....SPARTANS SUCK!

The day really could not have gone better for you Wolvies. Tennessee losing means you can get in the playoff with a close loss to OSU. TCU and or USC losing a game might assure it.And dont worry format, both Corum and the anti-semite will play.

Honestly, I think Michigan might be the better team. I think their lines are better, and that often makes the difference. But McCarthy will be the ultimate key to the game. He's gonna have to make some key throws and plays for Michigan to win. Personally, I don't think he will. That and an ill-advised Harbaugh decision will cost them the game. But they still could get in the playoff and get a chance to get boatraced by Georgia again.

Hearing the line is Michigan +7. I think it's too much and would consider a bet for Michigan honestly.

The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:31 am

Michigan wins a close game with Illis with that FG at the end of the game. I didn't watch much of MSU VS IU game MSU isn't going bowling they had to beat IU and didn't I doubt they beat PSU. Blake Crum has to play in order to beat the Suckeyes next week surprised that OSU didn't beat Maryland by much I thought it be an OSU rout of the Terps.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:55 am

Years ago I played adult rec basketball with Dan Jilek. He played football at Michigan and two or three years for the Buffalo Bills.
One thing I remember him saying was how the difference between great players and average players was a fraction of a second and a half step. That is NOT something you see on tv or even the sidelines. It's something you feel and sense on the field.
My point is even if Blake Corum plays it doesn't mean he is the Blake Corum we need.
Every time an injured player comes back I think of Dan Jilek and wonder if that player is 100% or lost a fraction of a second and a half step.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:02 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Did you see the ohio state game?
Did you see us barely beat Illinois? They handled everybody they have played.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic