Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mega Hertz

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:34 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 pm
Fuck FOX and all their damn commercial breaks tonight. They were tolerable during last Saturday's game, but tonight has been awful.
I have no idea. I turned it off. I'm trying to lower my stress levels and Purdue marching on down wasn't helping lol

Related: I haven't watched a moment of Lions football since 2020. My doctor called it a breakthrough 🤣

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:11 pm

Stupid Freep thinks the game is on 97.1 FM. The dumbasses must've forgotten the Wings are playing tonight. The FM broadcast of the football game is on WOMC tonight.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:19 pm

I'm stunned Purdue opted for a FG as opposed to running a play on 4th down from around the Michigan 9 yard line. Coulda made it a one score game potentially. Instead, they trail by 9.

That interception thrown by McCarthy was dumb, dumb, dumb. Didn't that happen from 1st down? Also looked like he had a decently open field in front of him to run.

format this

Post by format this » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I'm stunned Purdue opted for a FG as opposed to running a play on 4th down from around the Michigan 9 yard line. Coulda made it a one score game potentially. Instead, they trail by 9.
You apparently missed the unsportsmanlike on Purdue after the 3rd down play… that pushed them back 15, which resulted in the FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:40 pm

You're right; my bad. I thought I heard Gus Johnson say it was going to be a 27 yard FG try. But I just looked up the box score, and it was indeed a 43 yarder. The penalty was the reason.

I take back what I said.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:31 am

I hope UGA The Bulldog cracks some nuts on the Suckeyes in CFP Go Dawgs.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:51 am

I had it right the first time and rescind my rescission. With 12:40 to play in the game on a 4th and 6, Purdue opted to kick a 27 yard FG instead of trying to convert from inside the Michigan 10 yard line.

Purdue was trailing by 12 at that point. The FG make only trimmed the deficit to 9.

So, I was right (IMHO) that it was a moronic decision from the Purdue sideline.

The 43 yard FG make came earlier.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:50 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:45 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Georgia and Michigan are in for sure. I could see them swapping seeds if Georgia lose, but it has to be:

1. Georgia
2. Um
3. TCU
4. OSU

They don't want a conference rematch in the semis.
That's what we were told last year at least...
Lock it.

Don't you have grandparents in Phoenix? You should come see your boys in the Fiesta Bowl. March with Kari Lake.
My dad and his wife split time between Michigan and Arizona. We did consider going down there at the holidays this year with the chance that Michigan would be playing in the game, but we decided April was likely to be nicer.

Kari Lake is an abhorrent cunt. The WSJ had an excellent editorial about her being the new Stacey Abrams yesterday or Friday, and I completely agree.

In terms of the selections, we know that Georgia and Michigan are locked at 1 and 2, and TCU and Ohio State are the clear favorites to round out the field, but I wouldn't hate it if the committee went with Kansas State or Utah over Ohio State.

I wonder how the B1G feels about it's main broadcast partner cucking the conference by giving Saban free airtime to campaign. That was douche chill inducing.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 am

Totally agree, Matt. That Saban interview was nauseating. I turned the channel 90 seconds into it.

Fox's pregame and post-game show audio issues made the network look bush league as well. Multiple wireless mics with flimsy to zero audio.

I think Tennessee is slightly more deserving than Alabama (TN crushed LSU in Baton Rouge and clawed its way to victory against Bama in OT in an instant classic at home), and as much as I hate to say it, OSU should probably be the #4 seed. It's close, though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:11 am

My top 10, in order:
Georgia
Michigan
TCU
Ohio State
Tennessee
Alabama
Utah
Penn State
USC
Washington (remarkable season for the Huskies)

thekman

Post by thekman » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 am

Fox's pregame and post-game show audio issues made the network look bush league as well.
I love Fox’s NFL coverage. And for the most part am a fan of their MLB coverage. But there’s something about their college football, I can’t quite put my finger on it. But it always seems to be lacking gravitas to me. I strongly prefer ESPN or CBS.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:31 am

Wolverines will play the TCU Horned Frogs in the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona on Saturday, December 31 (New Year's Eve) at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic