Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:09 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm
Some people are never happy unless they are unhappy. Be unhappy about wins all you want! I'll just laugh at your misery.
So Michigan fell to #5, so you can GFY. I wasn’t the only one to notice that the first 3 quarters sucked.

And if people think they will blow out PSU, they have another thing coming. It will be a defensive dog fight.
The poll drop means nothing, other than pro-Clemson bias.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:49 am

I'm not sure why some people are dissing Maryland at this point. The played both Michigan and Purdue tough (but lost) and dominated MSU. They lost to Purdue by only two points in West Lafayette.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:56 am

Not much I can say positive about the Spartans. I have not thrown in the towel on Mel as others have.....yet. He supposedly has a strong class coming in 2023, and deserves the chance to right this ship. However, if Hazelton is still on staff next year, and there are not dramatic improvements on all phases of the team next season, I will join in the calls for more drastic changes.

I did state at the start of the year MSU was not a deep team, especially on defense, and could not afford injuries. 3 of their best players were hurt early and have not returned. This is part of the problem, but also part of the game. No changes in scheme to account for these injuries are why I am so down on the DC and how Mel has handled things. It's a lost year, and will get worse when Michigan waxes us in a few weeks.

The BT as a whole is awful. One great team, one very good team, and a few above average. The West is a joke. Nebraska is in 1st place for crissake, and Illinois....ILLINOIS...is the highest ranked. BTW MW, that Maryland- Purdue game was in College Park, not West Lafayette.

Michigan will beat PSU this week because Franklin will Franklin and do something incredibly dumb. I haven't watched Michigan much, but will be curious to see how they play in their first real test Saturday.

This football season can't end soon enough as far as this Spartan is concerned. Let's tip off basketball.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:38 pm

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm
Some people are never happy unless they are unhappy. Be unhappy about wins all you want! I'll just laugh at your misery.
So Michigan fell to #5, so you can GFY. I wasn’t the only one to notice that the first 3 quarters sucked.

And if people think they will blow out PSU, they have another thing coming. It will be a defensive dog fight.
:lol :lol :lol
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Good call, Honeyman. PSU had zero answer for Michigan's run game. I did not see any adjustments, either.

So, yes, lousy coaching job indeed by Franklin.

Penn State's passing game did not look so hot. Multiple underthrown balls, and some of their receivers played like crap, too (dropped passes or allowing catchable balls to go incomplete).

Other than the INT and a few sloppy penalties (I will say I think Harbaugh was right about PSU's linemen giving disconcerting signals), Michigan played very well on both sides of the ball today. Most definitely an impressive win. Going in, I was thinking Michigan would win by 10 to 14 points. They obviously outperformed my expectations. Michigan outscored the Nittany Lions 25 to 3 in the second half.

In closing, I will say this U-M team so far looks at least as good as last year's team.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:58 pm

This was a tremendous game in all facets. They finally put it all together. They are for real. THIS is what I wanted to see.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:01 pm

Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:58 pm
This was a tremendous game in all facets. They finally put it all together. They are for real. THIS is what I wanted to see.
And as the 4 seed in the playoff they play Alabama and lose 60-7. On to 23 we go. You'll thank me later and tips are appreciated.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:01 pm
And as the 4 seed in the playoff they play Alabama and lose 60-7. On to 23 we go. You'll thank me later and tips are appreciated.
Not if Alabama plays like they did today.We shall see. Michigan has Illinois and OSU on the schedule. Neither is a gimme.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Oops.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Oops.
That would be my luck. There is hope after all. Just like somebody who predicts the 2nd coming.. it all changes so fast but I still have the answer.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:57 pm

I liked every minute of the Michigan beatdown of PSU didn't look good on either side of the ball. MSU winning is also good and ending the 4 game-losing streak VS Wisconsin damn wish that it didn't take OT to win thou I wanted to see the new kicker win the game not a good play to set up the fail FG on a bad snap at the end of the 4TH quarter.

America wins when Alabama & ND Overrated losses and that is a great day in Rocky Top Of TN and a H*** party as well.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:00 am

Spartan players won that game despite the awful job from the coaching staff. Hendersons return was a H*** asset to the defense as we actually looked competent on that side of the ball. But the time management at the end of regulation was beyond idiotic. I have no idea what the philosophy was to call the third down play. Mel is beginning to look like Franklin 2.0. Awful decision making.

Hopefully we won't lose by more than 4 TDs in 2 weeks. Michigan looks solid, especially in their line play. OL blowing open holes and the DL is excellent. Honestly, I think they match up with OSU well everywhere but QB. McCarthy continues to make questionable decisions and has issues with the deep ball. No playoffs, but a NY6 bowl.

Third best team in the Big Ten is......Illinois?!?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:03 am

I disagree that JJ is making questionable decisions - I will allow that the fluke interception was kind of a make up for a fluky risky throw for a first down. They haven't really tested his deep ball in recent weeks. Early in the season, he was spot on, but as his shoulder has improved, he's had to work on his timing.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:01 pm

I'm not sure which stat I'm thinking of here, but this decisive win over PSU...an undefeated, top ten, ranked opponent...isn't this where Harbaugh has struggled? It felt good to get into that 2nd half. Michigan really blew it open and it gave me hope for the rest of the schedule. I still think there will be one loss this season, I'm not sure who it will be, though. I would LOVE an undefeated season, even if we aren't ready to hang with the SEC.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:49 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:01 pm
I still think there will be one loss this season, I'm not sure who it will be, though.
I'll give you one hint.....they wear red and grey uniforms.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic