Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 am

If Corum AND Edwards are healthy next week, Michigan will be in good shape.
I agree, but that is a big "IF" at this juncture unfortunately.

Would be nice to have Schoonmaker back, too.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:02 am
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:31 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:39 pm
If they play the way they have since Rutgers they are toast. We’ve looked like dog shit for several weeks.
Did you see the ohio state game?
Did you see us barely beat Illinois? They handled everybody they have played.
I was at the game. Michigan faced adversity and won.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:21 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
If they play the way they have since Rutgers they are toast. We’ve looked like dog shit for several weeks.
Against Illinois. That won’t cut it next week.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:21 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Against Illinois. That won’t cut it next week.
Illinois is better than Maryland.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:17 am

I'm a football bettor. I became a much better bettor (sounds like an Abbot & Costello routine) when I gave less value to recency, the tendency to over value what happened the week before. It's true with the NFL, and even more so with college. Honestly, nobody looked great yesterday. Georgia's offense was pedestrian against a Kentucky team that lost to Vanderbilt last week. Did you see Tennesssee play?!?

Haven't seen the reports about Corum, but if he plays, he'll be effective. 22 year old kids, athletes of his caliber, heal quick. Adrenaline takes care of the rest. And OSU has RB's nicked up as well.

McCarthy is the key to next Saturday.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:17 am
Haven't seen the reports about Corum, but if he plays, he'll be effective. 22 year old kids, athletes of his caliber, heal quick. Adrenaline takes care of the rest. And OSU has RB's nicked up as well.

If McCarthy puts up 300 yards, hits a deep ball or two, and Michigan wins in Columbus for the first time since 2000, it rewrites his entire season narrative. Hell, if Corum and Edwards are healthy and McCarthy can make enough plays to keep the defense honest, that could be enough.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:41 am
Honeyman wrote:

If McCarthy puts up 300 yards, hits a deep ball or two, and Michigan wins in Columbus for the first time since 2000, it rewrites his entire season narrative. Hell, if Corum and Edwards are healthy and McCarthy can make enough plays to keep the defense honest, that could be enough.
Agree.

Though I don't think he's been bad by any means, so I wouldn't use the phrase "rewrites his entire season narrative". He hasn't been asked to put the team on his shoulders though. Due to the shittiness of the BT and Michigan's shit non-con schedule, there has been little adversity. There will be in Columbus. Saturday we'll see what he's made of.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:26 pm

There aren't many teams in the whole country that are as good as Michigan, which is part of the reason why there's been "little adversity." Of course, the injury situation can change that narrative in a hurry, which is what we saw yesterday. I agree with Matt. A win in Columbus - if McCarthy plays an instrumental role (that phrase is key) - definitely would change public perception of his skills in a major way.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:47 pm

A few things….

Illinois has played great defensively all year. The Fuckeyes have been up and down defensively.

The line on OSU-UM is 9. If Edwards and Corum can go, that bet is SO tempting.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 am
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Agree.

Though I don't think he's been bad by any means, so I wouldn't use the phrase "rewrites his entire season narrative". He hasn't been asked to put the team on his shoulders though. Due to the shittiness of the BT and Michigan's shit non-con schedule, there has been little adversity. There will be in Columbus. Saturday we'll see what he's made of.
I agree that his season has been pretty good - I mean they are 11-0. I think I was a little jaded from the CUNT 4 rows behind us yesterday. I've sat in front of stereotypical shitty fans many times, but this woman was on another level. Think of the most nasally, mid-50s Midwestern hag voice, and this woman was nailing it. Her favorite phrase was "Come ahnnnn" but she also had such gems as "make a pass", "run JJ!", "You have to run around outside CJ!", "Come ahnnnn, this is Illinoiiiis!", and "McNamara could do thaaaayittt." Could he, CUNT? He just had knee surgery, but you're an expert, clearly. I turned around and glared several times, and it took everything in me not to say "SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP."

All that to say: people like that CUNT (it has to be said where you annunciate each letter in that word) are the ones that truly give Michigan fans bad names. Just soooo fucking annoying.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Agree.

I agree that his season has been pretty good - I mean they are 11-0. I think I was a little jaded from the CUNT 4 rows behind us yesterday. I've sat in front of stereotypical shitty fans many times, but this woman was on another level. Think of the most nasally, mid-50s Midwestern hag voice, and this woman was nailing it. Her favorite phrase was "Come ahnnnn" but she also had such gems as "make a pass", "run JJ!", "You have to run around outside CJ!", "Come ahnnnn, this is Illinoiiiis!", and "McNamara could do thaaaayittt." Could he, CUNT? He just had knee surgery, but you're an expert, clearly. I turned around and glared several times, and it took everything in me not to say "SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP."

All that to say: people like that CUNT (it has to be said where you annunciate each letter in that word) are the ones that truly give Michigan fans bad names. Just soooo fucking annoying.
Do you just sit there stone faced for 4 hours and say nothing? Because that sounds like rather normal behavior at a game...

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:37 am

She was cheering them on like most of us do. If she starts screaming profanities, then that is going to be a problem.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:46 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Agree.

Do you just sit there stone faced for 4 hours and say nothing? Because that sounds like rather normal behavior at a game...
To be clear, she was screaming something NONSTOP and was a fucking idiot.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:12 pm

Matthew! Language!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:08 am

Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Agree.

At least she doesn't burn couches on a regular basis. :rollin :rollin

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic