Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Big Ten talk

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MasterB

Re: Big Ten talk

Post by MasterB » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:41 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:17 am
Haven't seen the reports about Corum, but if he plays, he'll be effective. 22 year old kids, athletes of his caliber, heal quick. Adrenaline takes care of the rest. And OSU has RB's nicked up as well.

McCarthy is the key to next Saturday.
If McCarthy puts up 300 yards, hits a deep ball or two, and Michigan wins in Columbus for the first time since 2000, it rewrites his entire season narrative. Hell, if Corum and Edwards are healthy and McCarthy can make enough plays to keep the defense honest, that could be enough.
Agree.

Though I don't think he's been bad by any means, so I wouldn't use the phrase "rewrites his entire season narrative". He hasn't been asked to put the team on his shoulders though. Due to the shittiness of the BT and Michigan's shit non-con schedule, there has been little adversity. There will be in Columbus. Saturday we'll see what he's made of.
I agree that his season has been pretty good - I mean they are 11-0. I think I was a little jaded from the CUNT 4 rows behind us yesterday. I've sat in front of stereotypical shitty fans many times, but this woman was on another level. Think of the most nasally, mid-50s Midwestern hag voice, and this woman was nailing it. Her favorite phrase was "Come ahnnnn" but she also had such gems as "make a pass", "run JJ!", "You have to run around outside CJ!", "Come ahnnnn, this is Illinoiiiis!", and "McNamara could do thaaaayittt." Could he, CUNT? He just had knee surgery, but you're an expert, clearly. I turned around and glared several times, and it took everything in me not to say "SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP."

All that to say: people like that CUNT (it has to be said where you annunciate each letter in that word) are the ones that truly give Michigan fans bad names. Just soooo fucking annoying.
During my last year going to The House There was an idiot that always yelled Llyod Carr rules when Michigan gave up a big play a few rows up from me an old guy told him you sound like someone from MSU this was 2006.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:59 am

I wonder what most people would prefer:
  • UM beating OSU, winning the Big Ten, and then getting killed in a playoff game, with the season ending on a depressing note.
  • UM barely losing to OSU, barely missing the playoffs, then having a good game in a New Year's Day bowl game, with the season ending on a positive note.
In both cases, UM would probably end up in the top 5 or 6 teams in the final rankings.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:33 pm

The loser will be disappointed with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

How times have changed.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Neither team would get blown out in the playoff.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:07 pm

Georgia is rolling, but a win likely would mean a 2 seed this year which means a match against #3.. And quite frankly, I can’t think of a team that scares me outside of Georgia. It’s a different year. Bama sucks, and Tennessee is done. Ole Miss blew their chance. TCU’s defense is garbage as well as USC. I guess that leaves LSU as the team that is somewhat scary, but they don’t strike me as a team to blow us out.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:12 pm

Georgia beat a garbage Kentucky team 16-6.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:12 pm
When we play the SEC we get murdered. That conference remains on another level… judging them by beating another SEC team narrowly is foolish.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
When we play the SEC we get murdered. That conference remains on another level… judging them by beating another SEC team narrowly is foolish.
This isn't true. Michigan is 2-1 against Florida since Harbaugh has been here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:51 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:30 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
This isn't true. Michigan is 2-1 against Florida since Harbaugh has been here.
Florida hasn’t been very good since Harbaugh has been here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:53 pm

Fickell to Wisconsin - didn't see that coming...

format this

Post by format this » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 pm

Thought you all would get a kick out of this. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 am

format this wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 pm
Thought you all would get a kick out of this. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did such a great job editing the name that I can't even begin to imagine who it possibly be 😉😂

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 am

Complete bullshit that the Fuckeyes, sitting on their asses after getting boatraced at home are headed for the playoff. Hope Georgia destroys them.

The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:27 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 am
Complete bullshit that the Fuckeyes, sitting on their asses after getting boatraced at home are headed for the playoff. Hope Georgia destroys them.
Of course. You knew they were gonna bend over backwards to get OSU in there. Michigan still have TCU?

Michigan/OSU natty. SEC my ass!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:44 pm

What if Michigan loses a key player to injury tonight? USC loses and they're out. If TCU loses, they might be out. But OSU is in?!?

It's a problem when it's a bigger advantage to not play in your conference championship game.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic