Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2022

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
originalzzmfmjock

Re: Detroit Lions 2022

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:04 pm

Looked like the same old Lions to me. I don't know why anybody gets excited about a new season from this crappy franchise. I wish we could fire the owners.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:10 am

Eagles scored 24 damn points in the 2nd quarter.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:03 am

I generally agree with all the above comments. Where was Hutchinson the whole game? I didn't hear his name called once except for the usual "playing for his home team" bullshit. The Eagles' OTs looked as if they handled him quite, uh, handily. He certainly didn't contain Hurts in the least!

(edit)
Looking at the game stats, Hutchinson was credited with one assisted tackle. :rolleyes Welcome to the NFL, son. Meanwhile, rookie LB Rodriguez looked pretty awesome.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:03 am
I generally agree with all the above comments. Where was Hutchinson the whole game? I didn't hear his name called once except for the usual "playing for his home team" bullshit. The Eagles' OTs looked as if they handled him quite, uh, handily. He certainly didn't contain Hurts in the least!

(edit)
Looking at the game stats, Hutchinson was credited with one assisted tackle. :rolleyes Welcome to the NFL, son. Meanwhile, rookie LB Rodriguez looked pretty awesome.
It's early. I don't think anyone(outside of Matt) on this board expected him to come out and make 6 solo tackles and have 4 sacks.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:53 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 am
moldyoldie wrote:

(edit)
It's early. I don't think anyone(outside of Matt) on this board expected him to come out and make 6 solo tackles and have 4 sacks.
How about 1 solo tackle and 1/2 a sack?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:57 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:50 am
moldyoldie wrote:

(edit)
:roll:

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:11 pm

Three sacks today; a single game record for a Lions rookie defensive lineman. Hutchinson looked pretty damn good today.

The dopey Free Press thinks Lions games are still found on 760 WJR! LMAO

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 494433007/

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:11 pm
Three sacks today; a single game record for a Lions defensive lineman. Hutchinson looked pretty damn good today.

The dopey Free Press thinks Lions games are still found on 760 WJR! LMAO

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 494433007/
What a shock!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:17 pm

(Corrected my earlier post to mention Hutchinson broke the record for sacks among Lions' ROOKIE defensive linemen; was typing too fast a minute ago.)

I wish the Lions would've played better in the second half, but all-in-all, not a bad game. Hopefully the trend of scoring in the mid 30s continues.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:17 pm
(Corrected my earlier post to mention Hutchinson broke the record for sacks among Lions' ROOKIE defensive linemen; was typing too fast a minute ago.)
How punchable is Marlowe Alter?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Marlowe Alter is a gigantic douche bag, although the person who hired him is an even bigger one. Why would a major daily newspaper want to hire anyone with a history of using such language?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metrow ... weets/amp/

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:50 am

Well, that was a fun game to watch! :D It's the kind of Lions game I've always enjoyed best -- our boys coming out of the gate kickin' butt and biting kneecaps before a boisterous capacity home crowd.

In the second half, did I think, "Here we go again"? Well, yes, it's always in the back of one's mind, but with this team ya gotta believe that's where it belongs! :8)

I think the best part was in the locker room celebration when major team props went to tackle Dan Skipper, brought up from the practice squad this week to play LG for an entire game in the face of three injured starters on the O-line, a position he's never played since high school. His answers at the post-game presser were those of a sober realist who's never made an NFL roster out of training camp in six years and has signed 13 NFL contracts that he says were worth less than the paper they were printed on. I couldn't help but be happy for the guy. :D

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Same. Old. Lions.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Same old Lions!!!

Did anyone actually think the Lions would win after going ahead 24 to 14? I sure didn't.

Yet again, the defense let us down on the opposing team's last possession in a close game. Shocker.

Let's see if Campbell cries again in the post game presser after losing to the Vikings in Minneapolis.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Their decision to try a 54 yard field goal late is the worst play call they've made this season. Kicker was struggling and a FG only puts you up 6 (so a TD still beats you). They should have either punted or outright gone for it in that spot.

And this isn't unique to the Lions, but it just blows my mind how many coaching staffs in both the NFL and college seemingly lack a football IQ when it comes to late-game play-calling and clock management. In a lot of ways, late-game management is just like chess, being able to play out all the scenarios in your head and crunch the odds/possible outcomes, and so many teams are just terrible at this. For the amount of money they're paid, they should be as good at this in football as grandmasters are playing chess.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic