Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2022

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
matt1

Re: Detroit Lions 2022

Post by matt1 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:40 am

& the Dallas Cowboys beat the Minnestota Vikings 45 - 3!!! (Thanks)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:02 pm

How about those Lions? :rollin

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:15 pm

As soon as the Lions FG kicker missed the 29 yard attempt, I figured they'd lose by 3 or less.

Once the Lions scored their final points of the game and left :22 or :23 seconds on the game clock for Josh Allen and the Bills, I figured there was a 50/50 chance the Bills would win via walk-off FG.

Had the game gone to OT, the Lions at best probably would've come away with a tie.

The gullible press corps in this town are writing articles lauding the Lions just like they did following their close loss to the Eagles. What a bunch of clowns. The Lions were atrocious defensively on the Bills' game winning drive as well as the previous drive (moronic penalties).

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:17 pm

It's unbelievable to me that so-called fans can't see that this franchise is headed in the right direction. Lazy narratives need to die.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 pm

I am not a fan. Haven’t been since this: https://youtu.be/r0vVqStvh_8.

They are a sports soap opera to me. A muse…nothing more. I refuse to spend a dime on the team until the Fords sell. I went all in for years living and dying on every play. And then you wake up one day and say why?

I was 8 the last time this team won a playoff game. George HW Bush was president. The Gulf War wrapped up less than a year earlier.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:32 pm

When they kicked that game-tying field goal with 23 seconds, it was 4th and 1. At the time I thought they should have gone for it there - not so much because of the clock, but because of the length of the field goal.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 pm

They are a sports soap opera to me. A muse…nothing more. I refuse to spend a dime on the team until the Fords sell. I went all in for years living and dying on every play. And then you wake up one day and say why?

I was 8 the last time this team won a playoff game. George HW Bush was president. The Gulf War wrapped up less than a year earlier.
I quit after they got curbstomped by Philly in the playoffs. I think this HC is the best they've had.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 pm

I quit after they got curbstomped by Philly in the playoffs. I think this HC is the best they've had.
Jim Caldwell was the best coach they’ve had since 1958. They fired him despite the winning record and playoff appearances. They called it not good enough. Probably easily the worst move they’ve made in a long time. They’ve done Jack shit since under a guy with no experience. They aren’t moving in a positive direction. It’s the same damn thing again and again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:28 am

Matt - you are a fool if you think this season and especially yesterday's game is any different than a script we've seen several times.

Lions were in a position to win against a great team and fucking screwed themselves thanks to that moronic Austin Bryant penalty. Then, a little bit later, with a super short clock, the opposing team marches down the field to win.

Campbell wasn't the main reason they lost yesterday; I'll agree on that point. I do think he is a better coach than Caldwell and he is a much better head coach than Patricia (super low bar there). But the Goff safety and especially the reprehensible roughing penalty against Bryant were classic SOL.

The play call on 3rd and 1 was stupid on the Lions' final drive. Run the ball for the first down (much better chance of picking up the 1st down that way) and then you have a couple cracks at the end zone if you pick up 1st down yardage. That mishap aside, you still ought to be able to fucking stop the Bills from scoring with just :22 to play.

The Lions are an exercise in futility.

When the Lions actually fucking win the division or win a playoff game, then my opinion will change.

Everyone will be talking about how the Lions were "so close" to winning three or four or maybe even five extra games once the season is over. Gee, that's never happened before. 🤬

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:20 pm

I refuse to join the SOL bandwagon. The game-by-game improvements in this team's performance is palpable -- dumb late penalty on Thanksgiving notwithstanding. That long pass to Stefon Diggs to set up the Bills' winning FG was simply an outstanding play by two outstanding players -- that's what outstanding players do sometimes. Hell, we hung toe-to-toe with a team who was favored by 9!

The future looks bright with two 1s, two 2s, and two 3s in next year's draft.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:40 pm

This franchise is fucked until the Fords sell. That simple.

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:03 am

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:40 pm
That's TOO simple, and I would add intellectually lazy. It's presently all on Holmes and Campbell.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:03 am
That's TOO simple, and I would add intellectually lazy. It's presently all on Holmes and Campbell.
It’s not. They won’t win a thing with Goof as QB and Goober as head coach.

Audacity sucks.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:51 am

Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:03 am
It’s not. They won’t win a thing with Goof as QB and Goober as head coach.
Let's not forget that "Goof" once quarterbacked a Super Bowl team. He's still the same quarterback.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 am

Yeah, he was so great the Rams couldn't wait to dump his ass. :lol
That long pass to Stefon Diggs to set up the Bills' winning FG was simply an outstanding play by two outstanding players -- that's what outstanding players do sometimes. Hell, we hung toe-to-toe with a team who was favored by 9!
A "moral victory." Classic Lions cornbread thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic