Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

See ya, Jerami Grant

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

See ya, Jerami Grant

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:20 pm

He is now a Trailblazer.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 706366001/

I like the move, but Pistons need to parlay that cap room into a meaningful signing.

Grant is a ball hog who was never going to mesh well with the up-and-comers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: See ya, Jerami Grant

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:41 am

The Pistons are a joke and are run like one. Trey Weaver makes Joe Dumars look wise.

I heard the trade was via the Bucks. I wonder what the Bucks gave up. Unless the pick Portland traded was from a previous deal with the Bucks, it feels like important info was left out of every article I have read.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:31 am

The 2025 first round draft pick the Blazers handed the Pistons was via the Bucks. Milwaukee didn't give up anything; the draft pick was the result of a prior deal between Milwaukee and Portland.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022 ... edictions/

I think the reason the Pistons didn't deal Grant near the deadline last season is because of his injury issues, which perhaps negatively impacted what teams were willing to offer. Then again, the offer accepted yesterday perhaps was no better than what might've been available at the deadline.

Definitely glad the Pistons didn't ultimately deal Grant (and several other players) for Ben Simmons!

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit ... 22/267960/

If the rumors regarding that attempted trade are true, Weaver is definitely an idiot.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

Seeing that the first-rounder in 2025 is top-4 protected, at least it won't be another Darko. :P

The cap space is now H*** and we can expect some heavy bidding on Weaver's part for whatever's out there in free agency. I keep reading Deandre Ayton of the Suns being mentioned as the top target. 6'11" (7'1" in shoes!) 250 lbs. with a 7'5" wingspan...we can use him!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:44 pm

Yes, they should pursue Ayton aggressively.

I was hoping Keegan Murray would slip to number five. That said, the more I read about Ivey, the more comfortable I've become with this outcome! It appears a lot of NBA pundits were surprised the Kings didn't take Ivey at number four.

Jaden Ivey's family is loaded with athletic talent. His grandfather played CB for the Lions from 1976 to 1982, his father played football at Detroit Country Day, college ball at Notre Dame and spent a number of years in the NFL until the early 00's, and his mother (a native Detroiter) is ND's head women's basketball coach! Oh, she also was part of a national championship winning team as a player.

NY Post is reporting Ayton coming here is a very distinct possibility:

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v ... s-drama%2F

Killian Hayes is looking more and more like a long term bench player, and possibly, not at all a key piece of the Pistons' future.

Other reports are suggesting the Suns could do a sign and trade to deal away Ayton. If that were to occur, I could see Killian Hayes and maybe Kelly Olynyk going to PHX. I hope the Pistons don't deal away Isaiah Stewart, but that would certainly be a possibility as part of any deal to acquire Ayton if the Suns go the sign-and-trade route.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Pistons reportedly just made a deal for Jalen Duren (no. 13 pick selected by Charlotte, a Center who played college ball in Memphis and declared for draft after one season) and aging former all star Kemba Walker (Guard).

Wouldn't be surprised if both never put on a Pistons uniform. Could be trade bait for Phoenix. Alternatively, I could see one or both staying here and Stewart and Hayes going to PHX as part of a deal to bring Ayton here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:46 pm

Update - all the Pistons gave away to acquire Duren and Kemba Walker was the 2025 first round pick they acquired from Milwaukee.

I love this move. Gives Pistons plenty of options in the Ayton sweepstakes.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:23 pm

Wow, who here still thinks Troy Weaver is a joke?!?! Jalen Duren is a physical facsimile of Deandre Ayton, but he's yet to turn 19. Hmm, should fit right in with this team of youngsters.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:16 am

I like the moves the Pistons made tonight although that sold on Ayton thou I want Miles Bridges in FA or save it for Devin Booker next offseason.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:18 am

Weaver sounds like an 80 year old man when he speaks.

Time will tell how good Duren can play off the ball. I'm not having the same level of euphoria some in the media are having over this pick. I like it, but I'm not ecstatic by any stretch.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 am

I'll give Weaver a bit of a pass on Killian Hayes only because he managed to pick up Beef Stew and Saddiq Bey in that same draft. (Bey was a steal.)

Also, outside of the top 3, the top 10 of the 2020 NBA draft class has proven to be quite underwhelming.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 am
I'll give Weaver a bit of a pass on Killian Hayes only because he managed to pick up Beef Stew and Saddiq Bey in that same draft. (Bey was a steal.)
Killian Hayes came up big coming off the bench late last season, averaging over ten points a game during that span with tenacious defense. I think he found his niche on this team. I'm not giving up on him yet.

- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 pm

I, too, was encouraged by his improved play during the final 30 to 40 days of the regular season.

Now that I'm better aware of how crappy the 2020 draft class was, I'm not going to hold the pick of Killian Hayes over Weaver's head. There were probably no more than five players picked later than Hayes in the first round who are demonstrably better players, and two of those guys were picked or acquired on draft night by Detroit. :).

I would've liked Tyrese Maxey; I will say that much. Proved to be a damn good pick at #21 overall for Philly.

There were guys picked ahead of Hayes who are no better of player than Hayes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 am

Fuck Troy Weaver. He's back to being an idiot.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 763338001/

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:16 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 am
Fuck Troy Weaver. He's back to being an idiot.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/ ... 763338001/
Why?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic