Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

See ya, Jerami Grant

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: See ya, Jerami Grant

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:24 am

He should be pursuing Ayton or Bridges. I can only hope some sign and trade options still exist whereby Detroit remains in the running, but now the math becomes more difficult for Detroit.

Burks is simply an OK guard. Yeah, he shoots 40 percent from 3 pt range, but he only attempts about 5 such shots per game. Funny how the bought and paid for beat writers didn't mention that. His overall shooting percentage is also roughly 40 percent to low 40's (another fact omitted by the beat writers), which is merely OK. Pistons have enough guards as it is.

The center they picked up from NY is a complete scrub who likely will only see limited minutes and in some games will probably see zero action.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:42 am

The one positive is the Pistons can dump these Knicks guys after the coming season (they are on expiring contracts with a team option) and be back near that $40 million mark - or better - in cap space for next off season.

I wanted to see the Pistons go after Ayton or Bridges, though.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:26 pm

Assuming Bagley re-signs and by getting Duren, signing Ayton for max money sounds extraneous and perhaps even foolhardy. The Pistons have potentially over $45 million in cap room going into the '23-'24 season considering all the expiring contracts. I see nothing wrong with the trade...right now. Let's see how this season plays out with the new faces. At least we have some height up front now.

I hear Miles Bridges has improved greatly since his underwhelming MSU days. However, he's yet another 3-4 tweener of which the Pistons already have a plethora. Apparently he is the "scorer" that could replace Jerami Grant. He's been extended a qualifying offer from his current team the Hornets. We'll see.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:55 am

I don't want Miles Bridges anymore.

Guy is being prosecuted for domestic violence. He turned himself in to the LAPD last night and was released on $130,000 bond.

I wonder how widely known his recent off-the-court issues were known to league and team officials prior to last night?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:55 am
I don't want Miles Bridges anymore.

Guy is being prosecuted for domestic violence. He turned himself in to the LAPD last night and was released on $130,000 bond.
#spartanswill

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 am

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:22 pm

He hasn't been a Spartan for a few years now, c'mon! :rolleyes

I'm thinking he should sign that offer sheet from the Hornets before it's withdrawn. Of course, all the facts aren't in yet.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:31 pm

You're certainly correct that the timing from his vantage point couldn't have been worse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic